Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you like the new locations?

June BOD meetings came out and it looks like 2013 nationals will be a little different.

Production is getting split to its own nationals and will be held in September at USSA in Tulsa. Open/Lim/L10 will be in October at St George. Revo will be a subset of Single Stack at PASA.

What do you think? I'm pretty stoked about production being at USSA. Also being a month apart makes it easier trying to explain to the boss why I need so many days off in a row.

Thoughts?

Wow, I didn't see that coming. Not that I care, but any idea why Production was split off into it's own match? Was the combined back-to-back nationals getting too big / difficult to manage?

ETA Oh ya, I didn't mind Tulsa. Like everyone else, I hated the mud, but the range was the nicest range I've ever been to. Once they get the drainage figured out (probably already have) it should be great. Tulsa itself was whatever.

Edited by RAZZ

Looks good to me! I guess I'll be sending in my app to work Nationals again. I'm not sure I would be happy if I was a Revo shooter who attended Nationals, but I guess we can let those dozen or so contact their ADs.

I actually sorta like it. IMO (and this may not be wrong)

L10 is MORE like Limited than Production.

Sure they both have 10 rounds - but EVERYTHING else is IDENTICAL to Limited not Production. This will allow those that want to shoot L-10 to compare their performances to their counterparts shooting the same stages, with the same equipment just with full mags vs 10.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think its a bad idea.

Question - Can RO's shoot nationals? This will determine if i apply for staff or not

Different

Why wouldn't they put limited 10 and production together and leave open and limited together

Probably so the Production guys can switch over and also shoot L10 as well, but then that leaves the limited shooters out of L10. I like it though.

Revo will be a subset of Single Stack at PASA.

Careful now--that is not really correct. From the board minutes:

o Single Stack Nationals will remain at PASA Park, May 8-10,

2013, with a dedicated Revolver Nationals the day after the

event (May 11th).

I'm not sure I would be happy if I was a Revo shooter who attended Nationals, but I guess we can let those dozen or so contact their ADs.

<_<

C'mon Mark, it's always been way more than that. But I will admit that that Revo Nationals turn-out has been disappointing the last couple years. It would help if USPSA would promote and support Revolver Division as much as it promotes and supports the women and junior categories.

I'm actually pleased with the announced change. Having the Revo Nats right after the Single Stack Nats will give a bunch of new people the opportunity to shoot the match. Can you imagine Jerry Miculek and Matt Griffin being challenged at Revo Nats by Rob Leatham and Phil Strader? That could very well happen!

Mike, just seems to me (as a 1 match USPSA Revo shooter) that it might have been a good idea to do it the way it is proposed, but I was also thinking there will probably be a dozen that hate it and complain. I probably won't ever put in the requisite amount of work to be accomplished enough at Revo to even think about Nats, but like you say, this might get some folks there who otherwise would not.

I did really enjoy my one match in Revo though. :cheers:

June BOD meetings came out and it looks like 2013 nationals will be a little different.

Production is getting split to its own nationals and will be held in September at USSA in Tulsa. Open/Lim/L10 will be in October at St George. Revo will be a subset of Single Stack at PASA.

What do you think? I'm pretty stoked about production being at USSA. Also being a month apart makes it easier trying to explain to the boss why I need so many days off in a row.

Thoughts?

Where the hell is St George?

Edited by dirty whiteboy

Thoughts?

Bout 90 min north of Vegas. There is a thread in another section on the range. A1 was there this year and will be again next year

I am glad the meeting minutes are out. I can share what I recall of the conversation at the BOD meeting. (which may be a faulty recollection, so take it with a grain of salt). BTW, members can attend the USPSA BOD meetings. The BOD only goes into Executive Session for a very few sensitive matters.

First off...the running of the Nationals is in the hands of the Prez. Phil seems to be taking a more hands on approach and will be more directly involved as Match Director. I like that. (Plus, we have dates for next year already!)

- Revolver as a back to back match with the Single Stack Nats... That has been one of the popular ideas that has been floated around here in the Revo section for a while. This might be a great thing for Revo...and for Sam Keen's Memphis match (guys mike me might buy a Revolver...and shoot it at more places). It makes a lot of sense...in many ways. Pretty good fit for the Single Stack Classic guys too, IMO.

- Production as a stand alone match. Freaking cool!! Production is strong. Phil running this in Tulsa is a great idea!

- Limited, back-to-back with Limited-10 & Open... Let me just say that this was almost only Limited and Open (and L-10 wasn't going to be anywhere :blink: ) There was a pretty vigorous feedback session at the BOD meeting. In my opinion, you gotta support a division by having a Nationals for it. And, not everybody shoots Open guns...so having it with Open/Limited makes good sense.

Different

Why wouldn't they put limited 10 and production together and leave open and limited together

Probably so the Production guys can switch over and also shoot L10 as well, but then that leaves the limited shooters out of L10. I like it though.

I agree, I like it this way too.

It makes a lot of sense...in many ways. Pretty good fit for the Single Stack Classic guys too, IMO.

I am guessing that many of the "SSC guys" who have been shooting the match on Saturday for the last 16 years may feel different. Expect a little more feedback...

Later,

Chuck

It makes a lot of sense...in many ways. Pretty good fit for the Single Stack Classic guys too, IMO.

I am guessing that many of the "SSC guys" who have been shooting the match on Saturday for the last 16 years may feel different. Expect a little more feedback...

Later,

Chuck

I am not sure how it would hurt them? [edit...I missed Chuck's post on the dates]

Anyway, my thinking was that the "early" equipment race was between 1911 and Revolver. Maybe I spoke too soon and stepped on somebody's religion, but I hope most see it as a really cool idea.

Somebody like Nils, Bob, Dave, TGO could push to win 5 different pistol Nationals next year! (And actually do it!)

Might take a look at a calendar for the SS/Revo dates. SS Nats are Wed-Fri, Revo on Sat. PASA had a prior conflict and needed to have the dates that way. Just an FYI.

Wait? SS nationals wed-fri then revo on sat? That will keep ALOT of people from going to SS nats.

Production nationals in my own back yard awesome! I don't know about the dates for ss though. Getting time off might be tough for a lot of people. I guess I'll just have to plan way ahead now.

Hello: I am not sure if Limited 10 will survive being at the same time as the Limited nationals :surprise: As for the other nationals I think it is a great idea having them spread over different months. I may have to get a different Production pistol now :devil: Thanks, Eric

SW corner of Utah. Very nice area, great town and a great range.

Only thing I'm wondering is will there be enough RO staff. Holding 2 Nats in different parts of the country may put a strain on staff availability.

Only thing I'm wondering is will there be enough RO staff. Holding 2 Nats in different parts of the country may put a strain on staff availability.

Good point. That was brought up and discussed. With Tulsa being in Phil's backyard, he felt good about it.