Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USA Olympic uniforms made in China

Youngeyes

Yea, reminds me of when the US Army ditched the "fast food" uniform caps and went to the really cool looking black beret's. Only problem was all the berets were made in china...

I understand we don't exactly have the textile facilities in the US that produce clothing anymore, but there are plenty of existing manufactures that make other stuff who could make them. Even my beloved Abercrombie and Fitch isn't US made anymore :(

Most of their performance clothing isn't made in the USA either, but that is somehow not an issue. I am a little confused at why these uniforms would be the exception creating an outrage???

Isn't there at least a million other things that are far more important for our nation to worry about???

Typical of US businesses today. Outsourcing.

Typical of government over regulating which leads to outsourcing. If they were made in the US and cost 5times as much then ppl would be bitching about the cost.

If nothing else the dems and repubs are finally in agreement on something.

Yea man some of them Olympic shooters are using guns made in Italy and Germany or freekin France!

I imagine this post should be deleted as it is a rebuttal to us getting up tight about something so trivial.

+1000

As our U.S. athletes march around the track at London’s Olympic stadium wearing their Chinese-made uniforms and waving their Chinese-made American flags, the Chinese athletes will have arrived in London by U.S.-made aircraft, been trained on U.S.-designed and -engineered equipment, wearing U.S.-designed and -engineered footwear, having perfected their skills using U.S.-created technology.

Our economic relationship with China, characterized by transnational supply chains and disaggregated production sharing, is more collaborative than competitive. The real competition will be happening in the gyms, pools, and on the fields. Let the games begin.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/bonfire-of-the-inanities/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Cato-at-liberty+%28Cato+at+Liberty%29&utm_content=FaceBook