• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too bad that California is out.

Here in the greater SF Bay Area, matches are available every weekend within easy driving distance. Fabulous weather. Great outdoors stuff of all sorts. The kicker is Touro University just lost one of their senior instructors who taught their chiropractic students (they'd come to my clinic and local hospital as a teaching venue).

Yeah, there are drawbacks. The place is liberal, expensive, and the gun laws are annoying.

Depends on what you're willing to put up with to get what you are looking for.

My seciond choice would be Mesa California. (mebbe I'll retire there :cheers: )

Edited by kevin c

I've never shot anywhere else, and I know nothing about the job market for chiro-types, but I moved to boise for the dirtbiking (best in the world by far). Also good skiing, sledding, hiking, hunting, cycling and many other outdoor things. Also lack of humidity. I can't even stand being in georgia or florida in the winter. too humid. yuck.

we have at least 2 idpa and 2 uspsa matches every month within 40 mins of my house, plus various one-off matches (glocks only, 1911's only, mgm grand nationals, etc....).

I'm sure the level of competition is nothing like arizona, but the people are nice and the dirtbiking is the best in the world.

frisbie_cliff2.jpg

idaho_switchback.jpg

wildflower_trail.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Stay out of Idaho! It's like living in a foreign country here. It is way too far to the nearest range. (Mine is over 5 miles away.) There are not enough surrounding communities that have shooting matches (unless you want to shoot every weekend). The gun laws are oppressive. We can only own twin 50 cals, suppressors, or a gatling type firearm. Hunting is tough too. Now you have to get a tag to gun down those #@$%# wolves!

Well enough rant. Just heed our advice and cross Idaho off your list.

• 3 months later...

Stay out of Idaho! It's like living in a foreign country here. It is way too far to the nearest range. (Mine is over 5 miles away.) There are not enough surrounding communities that have shooting matches (unless you want to shoot every weekend). The gun laws are oppressive. We can only own twin 50 cals, suppressors, or a gatling type firearm. Hunting is tough too. Now you have to get a tag to gun down those #@$%# wolves!

Well enough rant. Just heed our advice and cross Idaho off your list.

lolololol!!

Al

I live in Fort Wayne,Indiana and I can be at three matches on three Sundays within a 40 mile radius. 2 hrs from Indianapolis, 3 hours from Chicago and I think 4 hrs from cincinatti. A lot of medical practices / hospitals / chiropractors in our area as well. Lakes a plenty and a decent mountain bike track that is well maintained in the city and surrounding areas.

Edited by Crydaddy