Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Gun Smith

02Fatboy

Try Cameron's Custom; you have some control over what goes in the build like sights, finish, ignition system brand, etc. Build time is fast with only about 4 months from ordering to delivery. My gun is accurate, reliable and fit tight. Brazos Custom also builds a nice six inch gun but the wait time may be a little longer. Cant go wrong with either builder. lots of other great smiths out there but only have experience with these two.

There are lots of good smiths out there that tune the 2011. Brazos Custom built mine on a STI Edge and it has run flawlessly. SVI are great guns and full custom but priced accordingly and the wait time can be long. Beautiful product though.

Dawson Precision is another i've owned in the past and highly recommend.

There are a lot of good builders out there. Mine was built by Paul Grundhauser of Grundhauser Gun Works. It is tighter than I will ever be able to shoot it.

So find a builder you can work with and you will be happy.

I am wanting a 2011 STI 6in. in 40 cal. build. But who is the best gun smith to build one. Just looking for some feed back on gun smiths.

The word "best" is completely subjective in this use as far as gunsmiths go. All the of the big name gunsmith are going to be recommended by most and their may be some local ones in your area to consider. A good place to start is looking at the Limited gun build pics thread here and getting an idea of what you like. Then looking through the forum dealers and seeing what gunsmith that appeals to you. Most are very willing to work up whatever you like and most will keep you satisfied. I have dealt with many local and well know names and have always been happy with all my builds...

I am wanting a 2011 STI 6in. in 40 cal. build. But who is the best gun smith to build one. Just looking for some feed back on gun smiths.

The word "best" is completely subjective in this use as far as gunsmiths go. All the of the big name gunsmith are going to be recommended by most and their may be some local ones in your area to consider. A good place to start is looking at the Limited gun build pics thread here and getting an idea of what you like. Then looking through the forum dealers and seeing what gunsmith that appeals to you. Most are very willing to work up whatever you like and most will keep you satisfied. I have dealt with many local and well know names and have always been happy with all my builds...

To clarify. Gary can build a gun with a wide variety of components. He is a true craftsman. Gary can create a firearm in a one off mode. Meaning if you have a particular design in mind he can come up with them. He built my gun in seven days and had it back to me running from the first round to the 40,000th and it continues running.

So when I say the best... In my opinion he is. His constant effective and efficient communication combined with his quality and turn around time is exceptional.

There are plenty of excellent smiths who truly build superb firearms, however, I have never had one who would e-mail and contact me on a daily basis, take such a short time to build a highly functional masterpiece to my specifications, and who was willing to work with a wide variety of components.

Rob

Edited by PINMAN44

To clarify. Gary can build a gun with a wide variety of components. He is a true craftsman. Gary can create a firearm in a one off mode. Meaning if you have a particular design in mind he can come up with them. He built my gun in seven days and had it back to me running from the first round to the 40,000th and it continues running.

So when I say the best... In my opinion he is. His constant effective and efficient communication combined with his quality and turn around time is exceptional.

There are plenty of excellent smiths who truly build superb firearms, however, I have never had one who would e-mail and contact me on a daily basis, take such a short time to build a highly functional masterpiece to my specifications, and who was willing to work with a wide variety of components.

Rob

Hey Rob, believe me, that was not targeted at your post. I know you on a more personel basis than most on this forum and when you say he is the best, I believe it. That's why I already contacted him about a build for me. My comment was directed to the OP. When someone ask who is the "best" of anything like that, it's hard to answer objectively. When a person, like you, says XXX gunsmith is the best, I get what you are saying and understand what you mean by that - that is more objective since you have something to back it up with.

Rob

Hey Rob, believe me, that was not targeted at your post. I know you on a more personel basis than most on this forum and when you say he is the best, I believe it. That's why I already contacted him about a build for me. My comment was directed to the OP. When someone ask who is the "best" of anything like that, it's hard to answer objectively. When a person, like you, says XXX gunsmith is the best, I get what you are saying and understand what you mean by that - that is more objective since you have something to back it up with.

I'm sorry my friend. I hope I didn't come off offensive in my post, that was not my intention. I was just clarifying some reasons as to why I feel he is excellent. That's great you are going with Gary. I don't think you will be disappointed George.

There are some terrific guys out there who build guns:

My best advice is to try to get your hands on some fellow shooters guns and see if they will let you shoot them. Try a bunch of different guns and see what fits best and is most reliable.

Thanks,

Rob

Gee Whiz what a question.

There are a few top guys, then a whole bunch of really good ones. It is pretty hard to go wrong with a name mentioned on this website.

You might want to check on their turnaround time.