Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New leupold vx-6 1-6 multigun scope

ccoker

After fighting my way through an SPR reticle enough times I know I'd want at least 1 mil, but would prefer half mil graduations.

My hold being off by a half mil at 400 yards puts me 7" behind the power curve before the bullet even leaves the barrel.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have one of these yet? I talked to Leupold and I should have one coming soon but I won't know until Monday. I would really like some feedback from shooters who have the Multigun scope and can give some pros/cons or a brief review...Thanks!

It's not the SPR reticle from the 1.5-5. It's the same reticle in the standard VXR. Basically a crosshair with the crosshair and a dot in the center. It's got a mark 2.5 Mil from the center. Looks like I'll be in the ballpark with a 200 yard zero. Still waiting on a new rifle to mount it to. Really hoping it arrives this week.

In case anyone is wondering, I finally talked to a guy at the Leupold Custom Shop who knew what he was talking about. One guy told me it would take 6-8 weeks while the guy I talked to the second time told me it would be shipped in a day or two. The second guy was right, it has already shipped and should be here in a few days.

Also, I just found out that DSG Arms has them in stock and they usually ship the same day - good people to deal with.

Looks like an interesting scope. Anyone making a throw lever for it yet??

I looked up the MGM Switchview and they make one it says for "VX-6". I assume all of them are the same (for all the VX-6 scopes) but I am going to call tomorrow to make sure and then put one on order...

We have a couple that we'll be running at the NWMG match if anyone wants to check them out. I've been out of town working since I got it and haven't had a chance to mess with it much but it seems like a pretty good scope so far.

It's not the SPR reticle from the 1.5-5. It's the same reticle in the standard VXR. Basically a crosshair with the crosshair and a dot in the center. It's got a mark 2.5 Mil from the center. Looks like I'll be in the ballpark with a 200 yard zero. Still waiting on a new rifle to mount it to. Really hoping it arrives this week.

Thanks Chuck...would you give us a review of what you think of it? Coming from you would be a lot more credible than from me :)

The SVMAPT Switchview will work for all of the VX-6 scopes...

I have ran mine in a match

works great, I run a 200 yard zero with it

the first hash mark is 2.5 mills down and is my 500 yard hold

250 yard plates I just hold dead on

intermediate distances require a hold to the top or bottom

works great on steel plates at 100 yards at 1x

reticle is plenty bright in Texas sun

close targets are fast as well

overall, very happy with it

Thanks Ccoker! I just got mine mounted and will be going to the range in the next day or two. So far, I really like glass and the reticle. The dot is so bright! I went in the back yard and with the sun beating down, it was very visible.

I like the idea of the 200 yd zero, I will probably do the same. I was a little confused, where exactly is your hold for close-up paper targets? What ammo are you using? Thanks

i have been looking at scopes for awhile online and looking thru the glass in person, the vx 6 is 899 and they have 3 different reticles w/ illumination. i would love to see a review and or see one in person.

looking like a pretty good scope and for 900$ might be a steal?

• 8 months later...

I also have one. I have not had much time behind it yet, but so far it seems like it is going to be ok. The eye box is pretty forgiving. There is a bit of tunneling at 1X,but that is to be expected with scope (the long scope body) and not a red dot,etc.

I have only shot out to 500 METERS with it but had no problem hitting steel at that distance using the second hash mark (5 mils...100 yard zero) held dead on.

I was shooting 75gr bthp out of a 18" JP at about 2600fps.

Take care,Stan

It is pretty good. I am use to 20-40X scopes (600 and 1000 yard shooting) so to me it is pretty forgiving. I have not used this rifle a lot yet.

I had a Leupold 1.5-5X and this VX-6 is much better then that one.

Take care,Stan

I shot my first match with my VX6 Multigun last Saturday at BGSL engaging targets from 5 to 175 yards. I found the scope to be very easy to get behind and gain a sight picture from standing, kneeling and prone. The dot was very visible and helped a ton with getting the reticle on target. I give it a lot of credit in a 3rd place stage finish on the "long range" stage. I didn't have to change magnification on the clock, but I think the Switchview is a wise investment for this optic.

• 1 year later...

Have these dropped off the face of the earth? I have one, and am very happy with it, but have not seen much recently regarding this optic.

I am very curious what people are saying after using this scope for a few months.