Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope reticles

kellyn

Ditch all the gizmos and calibrated stuff. Give me a simple duplex with a series of 5 lines off the center in each direction at mildot spacing and call it good. The problem with scopes is that they're either over-engineered or thoughtlessly engineered.

this

Something I've wanted for awhile I don't know how possible or practicle it would be, but I like the idea of being able to use the different combos of dots for different types and distances of targets. Basing the sizes on 8" plates at different distances with the big red circle being a 4" circle at 10 yards. I'm not a three gunner, but I just like the idea of a ret like this. If you could have a laser range finder that "lit up" (made brighter) the approriate ret for distance, now that would be sweet :)

I think the Trijicon Accu-point triangle w/ a horizontal line (thin) at the top of the triangle would do really well. You have the triangle for CQB type stuff and the the top of the triangle (and horizontal line) would be zero'ed at 200 yards. The bottom, would be for anything longer.

Vice versa (where the horizonatal would be at the bottom of the triangle) would probably be good too.

In both cases, I'd only have the horizontal go to about 1/8"-1/4" away from the edge of the reticle. Just to keep things a little more 'open'.

Too, I'd keep the Accu-point's variable magnification, but instead of 1.25-4, maybe .75-4 or a true 1-4.

Rich

Another is JP's with an illuminated donut rather than the full illumination.

Unfortunately, the full illumination is nice for low light conditions, but not really useful other than for maybe Kyle's match. :D

Rich

Combine JP's simplified & recalibrated TA01 reticle with BAC and that's it.

Zak has nailed it for me. I just moved to a JP ACOG with the calibrated reticle and it is the best thing I have ever tried. The addition of BAC would rock as long as the reticle stayed uncluttered which is what I like about the JP compared to the other ACOG's.

--

Regards,

I'd like to have a 4 min. dot that could be turned on or off superimposed over a calibrated crosshair out too 800 yds. Variable 1 to 4 power with a large field of view. Use the dot for the close up stuff and have the crosshair for fine distance work.

I want a variable (2-10x40mm) w/ 30mm tube. It would have a graduated reticle w/ each graduation independantly adjustable for elevation. It would also have a built-in laser range finder (to 1200yds. +/- 2ft. would work). Night vision capable would be a nice option. Must weigh less than 32oz. Is there one of these available for less than a grand? If so, where? This is not for anything in particular, just for my varmint rifle. TXAG

I would like to see a scope with a 1-5 power range with a true 1 power, not 1.25 or 1.5, just a straight 1 power. I would like a fine crosshair with the calibration marks of a TA-11 starting with a 300 yd. calibration line and going to at least 500 yards, preferably 600. You would zero the standard crosshair at 200 yards and have calibration lines for 3, 4, 5, & 600. For the up close stuff, shoot the crosshair like a dot with both eyes open on 1 power. The fine crosshairs would give you the longer range precision. Standard one in. tube is fine, BUT must have high quality glass.

Erik

I think what I would like as far as reticle is a horseshoe similiar to the IOR CQB reticle, but about half the overall thickness of the existing horseshoe. The horseshow would be used for close in targets. Inside of that we would have a 2.5 minute dot for targets a bit further out. The reticlw would also have a calibrated crosshair similiar to the Ta-11 touching the dot for distance targets requiring holdover.

Basically, it would be the TA-11 with a dot (not the circle) with the CQB style horseshoe around it for close in taget acquisition.

I use a Burris Fullfield II 3.5-10 with the Ballistic-Plex reticle and like it. It has 2 hash mark below the cross hairs for ranging 200 and 300. Its a genaric set up and they send a chart with holdover for various calibers but its dead on for .223 That plus a dot on the side of the scope it great for me.

I have a 1-4 by Leupold from SWFA. It is a shogun scope that is reconfigured to eliminate paralax at 150 yards. Bright, clear, fine duplex cross hair. Nothing fancy. If you know the size of your target and you have a reasonable Zero, you can hit an IPSC target to 300+ It is not for LONG Range, I have used it successfully from CQB stages out to about 320. This includes movers at 30 yards. It was not expensive and I liked the idea that for a close stage I could justdial it down where the ACOG is 4x or 3.5x period.

YMMV

Jim Norman

You are looking at about $700 to design and produce a reticle for one of our scopes. This price has no profit in it for us. Unfortunately any modifications made to the reticle design requires the $700 price. If anyone has any questions regarding this procedure, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

John III

On my 2x7 I had 4 dots (6 minute) placed around the "thin" cross hairs so that @ 100 yds a 6 inch plate touched each inside point on five power. At 20 yds the lower dot is the point of impact (2/3 power)which works for me in 3 gun for fast head shots inside of 30 yds. See the dot in close and bang. Old John

I would want the Trijicon Doughnut like the TA-11 available in the usual bullet weights ( 55, 69, 77, 168) for the BC. I would want the dot in the second plain of the scope focus and a lever/button that would flip the scope from a true 1X to a true 4X. I know all you guys think the variable is cool, but when have you EVER run a 4x variable at 2.5X or 3.25X. They are either on or off so lets just despence with the intermediat powers. Why in the second plain?? So that the dot is BIG on 1X and small on 4X. KURTM

Kurt,

I rarely keep my variable power scope at 1 or 4 power except for CQB hoser type stages when it is 1 power. I usually have it set midway, everyones eyes are different, I guess.

I do think your idea about a lever to bring the TA-11 down to 1 power has merit though. It is the only drawback to the scope that it is a fixed 3.5 power.