Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb rest (Goguns,Daa)

JIGGY

If you have an Alchin scope mount they come with or you can get their small thumb rest than I really like. It keep your thumb in a natural thumbs down and aligned postion and does not interfere with any draw at all. I have no experience with the others but the size some are and the angle the place your thumb at has caused some issues with some shooters. The Alchin is easy to install if the holes are not already there and provides a grip that is secure even if I don't get the perfect grip on the gun. It really seems to lock both hands together. Good luck.

Sorry, wasn't paying close enought attention as to the sideways mount but it looks like it could be possible to still use there or someone has made something like it to go on theirs. Priciple being to keep the thumbs together and aligned.

Hello: I use the Go Guns also on my open pistols. I even modified one so if fits the Quinn II better. I also use them on my Open Rimfire model 41 :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Can you post pics of your rest on the M41? I'm putting one on my M41 also and just wondering what yours is like. Don't mean to drift but curious...

Hello: I use the Go Guns also on my open pistols. I even modified one so if fits the Quinn II better. I also use them on my Open Rimfire model 41 :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Can you post pics of your rest on the M41? I'm putting one on my M41 also and just wondering what yours is like. Don't mean to drift but curious...

Hello: Look under other shooting sports and then under Model 41 barrel mods. You can see what I have done there. Or look at Go Guns for a pic I sent Doc. Thanks, Eric

Had a Goguns pedal rest with the slide stop cutout with a Quinn II sidemount. Dr. Chet suggested I have it milled down a little to better work with the Quinn mount since its a little bigger in the screw hole area than a std. upright mount. I just stuck it on. It took a while to get used to the hand position since it really forces the weak hand into position. I felt that once I got used to it precision shots were easier, but occasionally my grip would be a little off and my shots would group to the left. I know its a grip issue which should be fixed with consistent dryfire and practice, but I never had the problem until I put on the rest. I have fairly large hands.

decided to take off the thumbrest for now; on the fence about putting it back. I dont shoot Open on a regular basis and for me no thumbrest will probably work better.

Maybe a little premature, but we'll be receiving our Limcat twins (his-n-hers) that have a new Limcat C-more mount, and thumb rest. Next week I'll tell you how they work out...but I can tell you that we worked with Johnny to get the scope as low as possible, and to get an ergonomic and functional thumb rest that's adjustable, but not cramped in.

post-33132-0-11226000-1328845752_thumb.j

I have the GoGuns Racers cut with Cameron's Custom sideways C-More mount. First time trying out a rest and so far I like it. Have to get use to gripping the gun again and have to get used to a sideways mount.

Maybe a little premature, but we'll be receiving our Limcat twins (his-n-hers) that have a new Limcat C-more mount, and thumb rest. Next week I'll tell you how they work out...but I can tell you that we worked with Johnny to get the scope as low as possible, and to get an ergonomic and functional thumb rest that's adjustable, but not cramped in.

post-33132-0-11226000-1328845752_thumb.j

I like them...

I just put on a Predator Tactical side mount. and with the gogun it felt very crowded. So took a piece of Derlin and cut into a L shape. Tapped two of the mounts holes and us those to mount it. Works pretty will with dry firing but have not made it to the range.

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

Edited by tacticalchef

• 7 months later...

I use the Arredondo rest with a Cheely sideways mount and it fits my thumb perfectly although I must say if your thumb was any longer than mine you would top out against the mount so be careful. Luckily the Arredondo is only $28!

Edited by STI-Edge

I tried the Go-Guns Racer Cut thumb rest in combination with Matt Cheeley's Horizontal Setback C-More mount and there was no room to get my thumb on the rest. Went back to the original Horzontal mount and the Go-Guns rest works very well. I'll see if I can get a picture up tonight.