Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glockworx Fulcrum Trigger Kit

mrwhite1

I don't usually venture over the the Glock forum side very often but a coworker of mine was asking some advice on the Glockworx Fulcrum Trigger Kits, so I figured you guys would have some helpful insight into them. I noticed on their sight http://www.glockworx.com/Default.aspx they have kits / trigger bars / deluxe kits / etc... I'm not sure what the difference is in all of them.

If anyone has them or is using them, I would appreciate some recommendations / opinions about them

A buddy of mine who is a GM has the Fulcrum Ultimate kit in a G17 and he likes it. It is not a 1911 trigger but as he puts it, " it is very shootable".

Do a search here as there have been several that had issues but I'm not always one to believe internet stuff especially when it involves installing something like this. People think they are mechanically inclined and since they have a Brownells catalog that makes them a gunsmith but just because you say it does not make it so.

I have the fulcrum ultimate kit on my glock 35 and I like the trigger, but not the striker. It is NOT a 1911 trigger by any means, but the pull is much lighter and the trigger reset/creep is much smaller. I did have light strikes using wolf primers and their extended titanium striker/spring combo and switched back to stock. IMO the striker is not worth it due to reliability issues, and I can't notice a difference going between titanium and stock other than losing 100% primer ignition. The reset is mushier compared to stock but it doesn't bother me at all.

I also wish there was more overtravel stop adjustment on the trigger. Overall if I had to do it again, I would probably spring for the extra money and get a Vanek Ultimate installed by the man himself knowing that an expert did everything he could to install and improve the trigger.

I prefer the Vanek kit over the Fulcrum, but different Glocks seem to vary in pull weight even with the same combination of parts dropped in so it's hard to say if it will be better or worse for your gun. They are pretty similar. The metal trigger is nice.

Edited by waktasz

The biggest difference in the ZEV packages is what they contain: One pack is trigger bar only, one is trigger bar, connector, housing, and the Ultimate contains everything from trigger to firing pin.

As far as "more overtravel adjustment", I'd be real careful about that because if it had any more adjustment, it would probably be too much. If a little bit of overtravel is not present, the lower lug of the firing pin will drag on the cruciform sear plate as it goes past it after release. That is the cause of most "I wonder why that gun light-strikes once every 20 rounds or so..." malfunctions.

As far as "more overtravel adjustment", I'd be real careful about that because if it had any more adjustment, it would probably be too much. If a little bit of overtravel is not present, the lower lug of the firing pin will drag on the cruciform sear plate as it goes past it after release. That is the cause of most "I wonder why that gun light-strikes once every 20 rounds or so..." malfunctions.

Maybe I got a bad one, but the overtravel screw didn't seem to reduce anything beyond what my stock setup had.

It also looks like they switched their striker out from titanium to stainless steel due to light strikes and broken tips.

I'm surprised by this for two reasons:

1) I thought titanium was as strong as steel, but around half the weight?

2) Doesn't the striker spring have more to do with light strikes than the metallic composition of the striker?

It also looks like they switched their striker out from titanium to stainless steel due to light strikes and broken tips.

I like mine. I went with the "ultimate" , or whatever the top package was. (Shooter's Connection has a great price if you register with them as a member from this site - their vendor tent has info) I have 2000ish rounds on it. I really like the trigger face.. Nice and wide. It is also noticeably lighter on the pull, and I can shoot quicker splits and more accurately with it.

I have seen other people have issues with their screws backing out during matches, so make sure to use Red LockTite if you do any adjusting to it. I have left mine exactly as it came out of the package, and am more than happy with it.

One shooter who I shoot with often monkey'd around with his until it had almost zero pre-travel and very little over travel, and was exceedingly lite, but I am content with mine how it is....

I would like to get a Vanek next, just so I could make an accurate comparison...

edited to add - I was getting a lightstrike every 30 - 40 rounds with PMC primers. I put the original stiker back in, with the original springs, and pieced a few primers. Next, I tried the reduced spring with the standard striker, and had doubles, triples, and a near mag dump as I was messing around with it. I went back to the lightened striker with the lightened spring, and I switched to federal primers, and have never looked back.

Edited by HS101

2) Doesn't the striker spring have more to do with light strikes than the metallic composition of the striker?

1. I believe Titanium is also brittle compared to steel.

2. Possibly. I really wanted my titanium striker to ignite those russian wolf primers 100% and tried the included springs and a variety of others. One day I was at the range and decided to use the Glockworx springs with the stock striker since I didn't have all my parts on hand. I haven't had an issue in 5k plus rounds and shot up all those wolf primers I hoarded.

Granted, the Fulcrum is the only trigger I've tried, but I've been quite happy with it. The only blip on the radar was that the striker had a little "lip" where the sear contacts it, and it led to some roughness. So I just switched back to the factory striker. I never had any reliability issues with it, and I haven't tried to send it back to Glockworx (I probably burned that bridge when I tried to grind down the little lip anyway), but otherwise it's been a great trigger group.

Have one, don't like it much. Vanek and Bobby Carver triggers are better. Glockworx trigger just doesn't have a good feel- pretravel and posttravel are short enough, but the pull weight is just heavier than the other two. In fact, I have Glockworx "production legal" trigger with the stock plastic shoe that is actually quite a bit better than the Fulcrum.

I have the Fulcrum bar in my 24. I hve it installed with the Lone Wolf connector and ultimate trigger stop housing with a jäger striker. I honestly think my 34 stock strigger bar with the mentioned lone wolf parts and some polishing feeling more crisp the only plus was pretravel adjustment on the fulcrum but not enough to warrant $125 and thier competition trigger spring is crap compared to the 6# Wolfe spring.

ive been shooting my standard fulcrum with lighten striker flawlessly for the past two years with regular spring maintenance, like is so much that I bought another one for my other Glock, until lately that I started having a lot of reset problem. On closed inspection I noticed an uneven edge on the striker post/tang, it look like that the trigger bar is grinding the striker post slowly. I temporarily replaced it with OEM striker and striker spring that resolved the problem. Im planning to buy another lighten striker soon, 2 years and 12K+ rounds of abuse is worth the money.

Overall I have been happy with glockworx. I really think that the shorten pretravel and quicker reset helped a lot during rapid close target shot.

Actually, to me it's clear that Vanek triggers are the best. waktasz knows what he's talking about, and he's tried a number of triggers, so I would go with his Vanek recommendation. Others like myself and feederick who have tried different triggers also prefer Charlie Vanek's triggers.

:surprise:

Now I'm more confused on which trigger to get for my Glock 34... so many differant views

I switched to Federal match primers, and that fixed my light strikes, while keeping my trigger pull light.Switching to a heavier / stock striker + stronger / stock springs fixed my CCI primer light strikes -- but at he cost of a not so light trigger pull, so I stuck wth just using Federal

1. I believe Titanium is also brittle compared to steel.

2. Possibly. I really wanted my titanium striker to ignite those russian wolf primers 100% and tried the included springs and a variety of others. One day I was at the range and decided to use the Glockworx springs with the stock striker since I didn't have all my parts on hand. I haven't had an issue in 5k plus rounds and shot up all those wolf primers I hoarded.

• 1 year later...

I switched to Federal match primers, and that fixed my light strikes, while keeping my trigger pull light.Switching to a heavier / stock striker + stronger / stock springs fixed my CCI primer light strikes -- but at he cost of a not so light trigger pull, so I stuck wth just using Federal

Did you ever try an extended striker with your CCI primers?

Something like Jager's Ultra-Light striker?

I had a Vanek in a 34 and it was the best Glock trigger I have felt. Does Jager make an extended striker for a large frame? I checked their site and could not determine.

I have the Ultimate fulcrum kit in my 17, 34 and a 19. They all took some trial and error to get set up, and playing with the springs as well. I currently have about 6k rounds with it in my 17, have almost all of the pre travel removed as well as no overtravel. It takes time and adjustment, locktight, and away you go. I have loaded with Winchester, CCI, Tula, Wolf and Federal primers, and have had zero ignition problems, and zero issues with factory ammo. Just like any trigger, it is more a matter of personal preference than anything else. Once set up correctly, they are very consistant. I may have to try a Vanek next.