Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum down?

Sarge

Was the forum just down for a few?

I only ask because every time it quits working for me it seems to be my fault.

I was trying to post a reply and it was just stone cold dead. I was getting server errors and the whole nine yards.

I noticed the "failure to connect to database" message, however, the database and apache server seemed to be running. I just ran the utilities to repair and optimize the database tables, and things seem to be running well now.

When you see a message "error connecting to the database", it is one issued by the server, not your web browser, so it's time to email brian. (support at brianenos dot com). If the system is up enough to give you an error message, chances are the email server is still working properly.

I noticed the "failure to connect to database" message, however, the database and apache server seemed to be running. I just ran the utilities to repair and optimize the database tables, and things seem to be running well now.

When you see a message "error connecting to the database", it is one issued by the server, not your web browser, so it's time to email brian. (support at brianenos dot com). If the system is up enough to give you an error message, chances are the email server is still working properly.

Thanks Boudrie! (I was out for a long weekend.)

:cheers:

• 2 months later...

By "down," - did you see the error message something like "can't connect to the database"?

If I don't know what actually happened, it helps me hugely if you post what exactly was or wasn't happening (exact error message) that you meant by "down." (Or the same for "couldn't connect.")