Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

On my way home, wife calls me on the hands free and asks that I go by the store for some last minute recipe items for tomorrows meal. As I drive towards the store, I realize that I need some cash, and the ATMs for my bank are busted by my house, so I went in and got some cash at a bank near the grocery. I then drove over to the store that has another bank near it that I could see was being cordoned off with police line tape. I get out of my truck, and I notice a helicopter overhead doing lazy orbits. I was a bit tired, and was kind of not really caring about what the hub bub was about and wasn't really thinking about it as the CHP officer near the door eyeballed me going into the store. As I went to the carts, I realized that I had left my list in my truck.

Exiting the store, I was detained and questioned by two CHP officers. I was frisked, and questioned, pockets emptied, and cuffed. I was held until I could be cleared by a witness who did a drive-by in another car as the cops shone lights in my face.

They apologized for the inconvenience and it all took place in the span of about seven to ten minutes.

It was very strange. On one hand I felt kind of violated. On the other hand, I could hear the description of the suspect over the radios while I was in the car waiting to be identified. I fit the description. They were just doing their jobs really. Just wished I had picked a different thing to wear this morning.

Strange days indeed.

My first thought was " I'm glad he wasn't carrying". It's good that the police were professional. I would hope they would be the same if you were armed. Moral of the story: Wife does the shopping. Enjoy your Thanksgiving meal. You earned it. :cheers:

Well next time there are cop cars and helicopters flying, maybe you think to go down the road to the next store.

If I pull up to a Stop and Gagg to get gas and there are cop cars all over it or Target and 2 cop cars in front of the door, I move on, no sense getting taken out in the cross fire.

My first thought was " I'm glad he wasn't carrying". It's good that the police were professional. I would hope they would be the same if you were armed. Moral of the story: Wife does the shopping. Enjoy your Thanksgiving meal. You earned it. :cheers:

Looks like the OP is from California so I'm thinking that unless he is an LEO or one of the very few who has a CCW in that state...that might have been a very bad thing!

So, did your wife send you out for those crunchy fried onion things that go on top of the green bean dish? Mine just asked me to go get some as she forgot them, and after reading this post I hope there isn't any bad ju-ju associated with them!

Enjoy your dinner today!

kind of related to your -eye witness- story ours is a first hand account of just how bad an eye witness is.

my wife and I was parked in an island parking area when we came out to our car directly in front of our car the Police had a that car blocked in four officers present - Two young men and one girl - my wife and I sat for near five minutes waiting to see if the police were going to object to us leaving, she and I did not talk much about what was going on as we sat other than to determine that our car was not involved and that the Police were not interested in talking to us.

This is the interesting point. As we pulled out to drive away my wife and I start to discuss what was going on and who the police were arresting after the questioning.

I said the police were arresting the girl and most likely the boy with the dark shirt and light skin , my wife said No the police were not interested in arresting the girl just the boy with the light shirt Dark skin and hat. Wow ! I said let turn around rite now because I saw something completely different. I saw=( The dark skin boy had a dark pl ad shirt no hat and was holding the girls purse for her and was not going to be arrested and the police was not so much interested in him or the car they were at) My wife saw =( the police were going to arrest the Dark skin boy with light shirt and hat , and the light skin boy with Dark shirt and that the girl was going to be let go .

What we remember on hair style was off for both of us.

When we got back to the parking area 8 minutes later Nether of us was completely correct , I was the closes , But I got the hat wrong and the police had cuffed the girl and one boy but not the one I thought.

AS far as facial features wy wife and I could not agree on any thing and she was the closes on what the faces looked like

Well next time there are cop cars and helicopters flying, maybe you think to go down the road to the next store.

If I pull up to a Stop and Gagg to get gas and there are cop cars all over it or Target and 2 cop cars in front of the door, I move on, no sense getting taken out in the cross fire.

That's BS-this is still america, i hope.

That's BS-this is still america, i hope.

Do you mean the America with warrantless confidential searches via National Security Letter; a second "secret docket" in every federal court district; and crimes so serious that no trial is required - or the America we were taught about in Jr. High school?

Wow, I don't know what to say about this really accept to add that I think because I was so calm, and kind of inquisitive, that the cops could tell from my demeanor that I wasn't a likely suspect, but that they were going through the motions. It is not uncommon in this type of situation for the cops to cuff you just for their safety. One cop even said to me "Dude, I know it's not you."

This bank and the other one I frequent are near a freeway. One of the easiest type of banks to hit for a large sum and just get on the freeway, you're in another town within minutes. By the time the cops even know you have hit the bank, you can be long gone.

I learned that from watching the true crime stories on I.D. and the like.