Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5.25" XDm now in 45ACP?

dillon

Sure Enough, it's on the web site. I would have thought the .40 would have been first and lot's of guys are waiting for it. I'm sure it will be along shortly based on the 45 intro. I really like my 9mm 5.25, it's a great 3 gun pistol. I'm going to use it for IDPA later this month.

I was going to wait for one since I already shoot a CC tactical that he sells ready to go. However I got my little brain thinking it would be advantageous to use the 9mm for multigun since I can get 28+1 mags for open.

"If" they release the .45 before a .40, my guess it would be because they sell more .45's than .40's, and they want to sell many guns as they can.

I can see that with a compact and a regular service size pistol, but for a competition gun?

CDP in IDPA is the only place I can see this fitting in - or am I missing something?

"If" they release the .45 before a .40, my guess it would be because they sell more .45's than .40's, and they want to sell many guns as they can.

I can see that with a compact and a regular service size pistol, but for a competition gun?

CDP in IDPA is the only place I can see this fitting in - or am I missing something?

Got the email from Springfield announcing the .45 5.25 this morning. I think it's odd to release a competition model in .45 before .40. In USPSA, nobody is shooting .45 except in single-stack. Anyone shooting Limited/L-10 is using .40 for Major or .38 Super or 9mm for Minor. A competition .45 doesn't really "fit" into the USPSA divisions anywhere.

Got the email from Springfield announcing the .45 5.25 this morning. I think it's odd to release a competition model in .45 before .40. In USPSA, nobody is shooting .45 except in single-stack. Anyone shooting Limited/L-10 is using .40 for Major or .38 Super or 9mm for Minor. A competition .45 doesn't really "fit" into the USPSA divisions anywhere.

I shoot a XD 45 in Limited. I dont contend for the win so I shoot what I like and I think Im not alone in that club.

I shoot a XD 45 in Limited. I dont contend for the win so I shoot what I like and I think Im not alone in that club.

You're not alone but you're in the minority.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. Same length as the 9mm 5.25-may be a little thicker but not that much.

They are close to the same size. The 9mm slide is .118" shorter in over all length and .03" shorter from the bottom of the rails to the top of the slide. I have several of both in stock and had to check for my self.

Also the .45 cal 5.25" slide (at 15.2oz) is about 1 oz heaver than a 4.5" .45 cal and 3 oz heaver than the 9mm 5.25". All of the XDM 9mm slides weigh the same (3.8", 4.5", 5.25") all weigh 12.1 oz