Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battle in the Bluegrass round III

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My primary gun is a 9mm SS and backup is a 45 SS,

Im having problems with the 9mm i hope i get it fixed soon but if it fails at the match i didn't know if they would score the 45 as a minor because i started with minor, thinking the 45 with major might be construed as an advantage.

My primary gun is a 9mm SS and backup is a 45 SS,

Im having problems with the 9mm i hope i get it fixed soon but if it fails at the match i didn't know if they would score the 45 as a minor because i started with minor, thinking the 45 with major might be construed as an advantage.

Once you shoot a stage with a minor load, you're minor for the entire match. If the .45 is reliable, why not run it as your primary and run the ?? 9mm as a backup? Alternately, you've got 2.5 weeks to get your 9mm fixed.

what kinda problems were you having with the 9mm?

Not a 100% sure i listed the problem in the 1911 thread, mainly double feed not sure if mags are to blame or the extractor but if i send it back to STI i won't get it back in time anyway would the have to shoot the 45 the 9mm is a new gun i bought for my wife just trying to get it to running so she doesn't have to.

I am looking forward to this match. I need to look at the stages. I printed them and don't know where I put them. Finished 1st B class last year in Production. I would like to shoot this match clean and not feel slow doing it. I hope to get some time in with the Production gun between now and then.

I am really looking forward to this as well, however I found out yesterday that I now have a meeting scheduled on that Friday and can't get out of it.

I asked Corey if him would mind if I tried to find out if someone wanted to switch around Friday for Saturday.

I am supposed to be shooting with Aron and Bill, so if there are 3 people that are just dieing to help out someone and swap around Friday for Saturday, please let me know.

Or if just one person wanted to swap with me

Not a 100% sure i listed the problem in the 1911 thread, mainly double feed not sure if mags are to blame or the extractor but if i send it back to STI i won't get it back in time anyway would the have to shoot the 45 the 9mm is a new gun i bought for my wife just trying to get it to running so she doesn't have to.

Or you could try to find a local gunsmith to have a look at it. True double feeds with two live rounds is magazine related, most times.

Thanks to all that have tried to help…. I think I got it fixed I moved the OAL out to 1.150 per STI , didn't find ld data for that length so i started at 3.9gr of titegroup and went up to 4.4gr but 4.2 seemed to work best at avg 1082 fps 124rn precision delta and the best thing not one hiccup with the gun and the groups are better than i have had in the past so I think loading long fixed it.

Again thanks to all!!!!!!!!

Greg

Or you could try to find a local gunsmith to have a look at it. True double feeds with two live rounds is magazine related, most times.

I didn't think of that since it is a new gun thought that STI should fix but i see your point. But i think i got it fixed just put 100rds thru it with no problems!

Setup is going to happen this weekend at BGSL!! Anybody that is close that wants to come help all will be appreciated! I'll be down there about 8-8:30 and we'll finish up on sat at about 4:30-5 so we can get home to watch UK!! :cheers:

Sunday we'll do the same.

Getting down to crunch time!

You going to allow UK and U of L supporters to carry guns?

If I remember correctly the front page headline back then which took up the whole page said this: WAR

:roflol: The only place I know where you can kick the man's dog or steal his wife....BUT don't you dare talk bad about the "WildCat's"