Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CHRONOGRAPHS

SAMMY63

I have just started shooting this game seriously, and I want to customize my bullets. I figured one of the key components would be a chronograph.

I need help making my mind up which chronograph to buy. I had been usings a chrony that I borrowed from a friend but i am not impressed with it. it seems very complicated.

are there any other out there that you guys would recomment.

thanks for the imput. this is the place for help.

good shooting

Edited by SAMMY63

Hi Sammy. I use the Pro Chrono Digital. It's reasonably priced, easy to use and accurate. Just turn on, shoot, and you'll see the velocity of your rounds. The only time you push buttons is to review the previous shots fired. Hope this helps. :cheers:

I have the Pro Chrono Digital and I like it. Display is easy to read.

I does have buttons to where you can shoot a string of shots and it will tell you the max, min, StdDev, average, etc all that statistical stuff.

Keep in mind the chronograph will be several feet down-range from you. So if you are at a range with others, you have to wait for the shooting to stop before you can go down-range to push buttons, etc.

In situations where I don't have the range to myself and can't step down-range to push buttons: I just read the numbers for the velocity of each shot and write them down, then do math later.

Hi Sammy. I use the Pro Chrono Digital. It's reasonably priced, easy to use and accurate. Just turn on, shoot, and you'll see the velocity of your rounds. The only time you push buttons is to review the previous shots fired. Hope this helps. :cheers:

+1

:cheers:

CED chronographs are what you will see at every match that actually checks velocity/PF.

That being said, I have a Shooting Chrony (the Gamma model) that is ok. I've ran it in tandem with another one and mine seems to run a bit on the slow side.

Pro chrono pal user here. If I were to buy new I would get the digital!

Btw, I have always been within 2 power factor points at major matches or comparing to the ced's at the range with mine right behind the m2.

I have the Pro Chrono Digital and I like it. Display is easy to read.

I does have buttons to where you can shoot a string of shots and it will tell you the max, min, StdDev, average, etc all that statistical stuff.

Keep in mind the chronograph will be several feet down-range from you. So if you are at a range with others, you have to wait for the shooting to stop before you can go down-range to push buttons, etc.

In situations where I don't have the range to myself and can't step down-range to push buttons: I just read the numbers for the velocity of each shot and write them down, then do math later.

The Pro Chrono Digital has the option to hook to a computer. Their website has the free download for the software, but it does no good without the cord and usb interface. If you're computer savy and know how to build the usb interface, it may save some money, but otherwise, it's $49.95. It is well worth it if you shoot at a range where you have to wait to go downrange and change strings on the chrono. I got the cord and bring my laptop with me to the range sometimes. You can see all of the data right on the computer while you're shooting. No need to get up and walk to the chrono. Is it necessary? Heck no. Is it very handy, heck yes.

I'd go with the Pro Chrono, and if you find an extra $50 burning a hole in your pocket down the road, get the cord and usb interface.

Oh yeah, and if you a Pro Chrono Digital, there is spot right next to where the battery goes where you can store an extra battery. DO IT! You will eventually leave the chrono on by mistake after using it, and there is nothing worse than getting to the range and realizing you have a dead battery. That spare battery spot has saved my bacon a couple of times!!