Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you keep etra FO rod in your bag?

I had mine fall out in the middle of my IDPA classifer.No F.O.in my bag.Guess whats in my bag every match now.Also one time the day after a match I got ready to clean my gun decided to dry fire it a couple times and the firing pin broke.I got one of thoughs in the bag all the time now to.Trigger spring to.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely. Only takes one high-speed shot string where the muzzle comes back down and you think, "Where #### did my red dot go?!!!" to drive home the importance of having spare FO tubing with you at the match. :D

• 1 month later...

We are talking about 25 cents worth of FO. I change mine out before a match, even a club match and keep 6" of rod in the bag. I drill through the sights so I can melt the rod on both ends, no epoxy.

With all the other money spent on gas, ammo, practice etc. 25 cents seems like a good investment. I like a nice bright FO.

That's about the only spare part I carry. Except for the spare gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since another shooter who lost his FO frantically came up to me at a match and asked if I had an extra piece of FO in my bag, I have kept extra FO and a lighter in my range bag. Never lost a piece, but it's cheap insurance and doesn't add much weight to my already overstuffed range bag.

• 7 months later...

I have extra rods, a lighter, clippers, an extra front sight, an extra recoil spring assembly, other small parts, and a spare gun.

Also, in my truck I keep a lot of extra ammo, just in case someone runs low.

I have extra fiber optic rod in my spare parts kit along with a lighter and spares for almost every single part in my 2011 Limited/Open guns except for barrels, sights and grips. Much as I'd like a spare gun spare parts are way cheaper.