Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already edited my post before the reply.

I don't know how I scrolled past it three times.

Now I have been publicly Chastised :roflol:

Thanks, biga9999 for trying to save me.

Back to loading and Packing

I already edited my post before the reply.

I don't know how I scrolled past it three times.

Now I have been publicly Chastised :roflol:

Thanks, biga9999 for trying to save me.

Back to loading and Packing

No problem. I am 99% sure that Sheldon is kidding. ;)

Being Polish as an excuse for not reading...Marcy read it and was not amused.

So I'm confused, Sheldon. Do you want me to move SWANDME to Open Division or just change his t-shirt size to a SMEDIUM.?

:lol:

For those shooting this weekend with the RO's, plan on getting wet and muddy.

Weather

Saturday

Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the afternoon. High of 82F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Saturday Night

Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain, then a chance of rain after midnight. Low of 70F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Sunday

Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the afternoon. High of 84F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Sunday Night

Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm. Low of 66F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 0.6 in. possible.

Edited by Eagle

Weather

Saturday

Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the afternoon. High of 82F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Saturday Night

Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain, then a chance of rain after midnight. Low of 70F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Sunday

Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the afternoon. High of 84F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Sunday Night

Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm. Low of 66F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 0.6 in. possible.

That will just remind me of tank gunnery at Graf!

I'm planning on flying with just my Garand ammo, and maybe slugs. Where's the best spot between Austin and the range for me to pick up some .45 and 12gauge?

DanO

When are you getting in?

http://www.gtdist.com/GTAUSTSHOWROOM.htm should work if they are open.

Other wise there should be some walmart/academy locations between you and there.

You might call GT Dist. to be sure. They are mostly a cop shop, so good for 45 and buck and slugs, not so much for birdshot. Also, they sell retail, but some stuff is LE only

By the way, Trapr Swonson is signed up for Tactical Division. :goof:

I believe Red Neck Tactical has been working with Bushnell.

Weather

Saturday

Saturday Night

Sunday

Sunday Night

That will just remind me of tank gunnery at Graf!

I remember Graf being more drizzly fog with temps in the 40s...but I never went there in summer. And idiot deer wandering out onto the range every hour or so.

"Gunner - sabot - deer - 1200!"

I assume an M1 or a Brad would be in Open, right?

oK i'VE GOT A 12GA AND 0BK that is 12 pellets, I got these as all prior Outlaw/Idpa/USPSA ThreasWeapoines matches required these. Will it work?

Sorry, it is 00B for 12 gauge.

By the way, in a test yesterday, a buckshot target went down with 4 pellet hits of 00, so not hard to knock down.

Sheldon, will there be water out there like last year? I'm not bringing food b/c of that delicious BBQ but I'm wondering about how much water to haul from the truck.

Sent using Tapatalk

I believe LaRue will have water and sodas available.

Not a bad idea to bring your own as well, but water should be available near the LaRue War Wagon.

Sheldon, will there be water out there like last year? I'm not bringing food b/c of that delicious BBQ but I'm wondering about how much water to haul from the truck.

Sent using Tapatalk

I believe LaRue will have water and sodas available.

Not a bad idea to bring your own as well, but water should be available near the LaRue War Wagon.

Good point, Alden. Yes, there will be refreshments as we had last year, but there's always a chance that when you need a drink there would be a long line or a temporary shortage. Enjoy what's provided but having your own backup is always a good idea.

Bring everything you would need to be outdoors for 3 days... because you will be.

BBQ and drinks will be provided, but bring everything you will/think you might need.

Water/Gatorade/etc

Snacks

Eye Pro

Ear Pro

Shemagh/scarf/hat/head cover (with wind it can get crazy dusty)

Sun Screen

Bug Spray

Rain Gear

Trash bags to cover your guns/gear in case of rain.

Chair (you will have downtime)

Edited by biga9999

Bring everything you would need to be outdoors for 3 days... because you will be.

BBQ and drinks will be provided, but bring everything you will/think you might need.

Water/Gatorade/etc

Snacks

Eye Pro

Ear Pro

Sun Screen

Bug Spray

Rain Gear

+ Lots of CA$H to spend with our sponsors in the vendor tent.

Water/Gatorade/etc

Snacks

Eye Pro

Ear Pro

Sun Screen

Bug Spray

Rain Gear

Good list, but shooters - please don't get too attached to your chair. If I had a dollar for every time I was downrange taping or resetting only to realize the majority of the squad was sitting on it's collective ass - I could retire today. Taping and resetting is a team sport - and with over 400 shooters in this match, all are expected to play.

I'll get off my soapbox now. :sight:

Water/Gatorade/etc

Snacks

Eye Pro

Ear Pro

Sun Screen

Bug Spray

Rain Gear

Good list, but shooters - please don't get too attached to your chair. If I had a dollar for every time I was downrange taping or resetting only to realize the majority of the squad was sitting on it's collective ass - I could retire today. Taping and resetting is a team sport - and with over 400 shooters in this match, all are expected to play.

Agree 100%.

Chair only to be used if you are waiting on the squad ahead of you. :)

Damn straight, Doug. Thanks for mentioning it.

oK i'VE GOT A 12GA AND 0BK that is 12 pellets, I got these as all prior Outlaw/Idpa/USPSA ThreasWeapoines matches required these. Will it work?

Sorry, it is 00B for 12 gauge.

By the way, in a test yesterday, a buckshot target went down with 4 pellet hits of 00, so not hard to knock down.

Easy I'll just use a felt tip marker and put another zero on them. I hope I can find some, they are scarce, in San Antonio. My Shotgun OAL is 53" it will reach out to them.

On that what to bring, add Chap Stick, that wind and sun will cark you lips. Also eye drops for washing the boulders out of your eyes. Plastic grocery bags to put on you shoes to keep the mud out of the vehicle. That is if the weather man is correct this one time, most of the time they can only predict out a few hours with any accuracy.

And for open gunners, a shower cap for the gun, that blowing dirt will shut it down, well not if it rains.