Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

The Garand was a bloody HOOT to compete with! <SEG> What's going to be the theme for next time?

Tommy I knew you would do well at this match with the garand. Been watching the videos. Look like a GREAT match. I hope maybe next year I make it. I was in Houston shooting the space city challenge.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great match - the RO's working it were the most experienced I've ever spent time with. Hats off for throwing another great one!

Edited by DyNo!

It was definitely a fun match...

Sheldon, Kyle, Tre, and all the other Red Hats did a great job keeping the range safe and everything running. Especially when we had to do some field expedient upgrades to a few stages, notably stage 8, after the rain for safety.

Marcy, Melissa, Lee and everyone in the stat shack kicked butt all weekend. Dave's programming and the ability for the shooters to be able to look at real time scoring updates was probably the coolest thing ever.

It was a fun match to shoot, and a great match to RO. My body is still recovering from running Stage 8 so many times over the weekend. Thanks Bill, Scott, and Justin for being a great crew to work with all weekend.

Hope to see everyone next year.

Sheldon, Kyle, Tre, and all the other Red Hats did a great job keeping the range safe and everything running. Especially when we had to do some field expedient upgrades to a few stages, notably stage 8, after the rain for safety.

Marcy, Melissa, Lee and everyone in the stat shack kicked butt all weekend. Dave's programming and the ability for the shooters to be able to look at real time scoring updates was probably the coolest thing ever.

It was a fun match to shoot, and a great match to RO. My body is still recovering from running Stage 8 so many times over the weekend. Thanks Bill, Scott, and Justin for being a great crew to work with all weekend.

Agree. Running stage 7 for 3 days wore me out.

The 2 days working at the range (Wed/Thurs) did not help either. ;)

Man that was fun, but I am glad it is over for this year. Time to sleep.

Edited by biga9999

Agree. Running stage 7 for 3 days wore me out.

The 2 days working at the range (Wed/Thurs) did not help either. ;)

Man that was fun, but I am glad it is over for this year. Time to sleep.

Alden,

You know sleep is not authorized for RO's!

Nice working with you and all the other RO's at this match!

The Garand was a bloody HOOT to compete with! <SEG> What's going to be the theme for next time?

Tommy I knew you would do well at this match with the garand. Been watching the videos. Look like a GREAT match. I hope maybe next year I make it. I was in Houston shooting the space city challenge.

You shoulda been there, Pete! I think you woulda had a blast!! :-) Maybe we can put a contingent together for next year. And maybe I'll actually prepare for it next time! Hahahaha! Lisa had surgery 5 weeks before the match, and I've been her primary care provider. I didn't pull a trigger for the whole 5 weeks!

I assembled the M1 I shot at the match out of parts on Wednesday, zeroed at 100 yards and function tested at Best of the West on Thursday, then shot the match with it starting the next morning. Total practice with the Garand: 16 rounds.

I didn't own a pump shotgun, so I bought one at Academy before the match. Didn't get to function test it until Thursday afternoon at Best of the West. Total practice with the shotgun: 6 rounds.

Yeah, I think next year I'll try to practice some... <SEG>

I wonder what the "specialty" division will be? WWII again? Vietnam? I wouldn't mind running the course with my M1-A. :-)

i don't know the name of the RO on stage 7 who sported a handlebar moustache and chin whiskers, but he was a class act. Sheldon, all your ROs are good, but some were even better than that.

:cheers:

i don't know the name of the RO on stage 7 who sported a handlebar moustache and chin whiskers, but he was a class act. Sheldon, all your ROs are good, but some were even better than that.

That would be Jeremy. Hell of a guy.

I had a great time--I'm planning on competing this next year though! That looked like too much fun to miss! Just no one tell me to break a leg, ok?

Thanks again to everyone who helped put this together (especially Sheldon)--that match was 1st class and I couldn't of felt more welcome and at home with everyone there.

Jeremy used to be the strongman at a circus, he asked to wear his furry animal skin outfit but it just wouldn't fit the theme. I could never have done this without the support of my wonder wife and children. Thanks again to all those that made the match possible, especially Mark LaRue for all his support. Thanks to all our friends that also helped us make it a success. Of course the most important inspiration for this match is my father, Joseph Hamlin Carruth a WW2 vet. He died in 1976 but I think I got a smile out of him. Yes I am tired but very happy and it was worth it. Take care and we'll see you soon.

Everyone please remember the match sponsors, drop them a note of support and be sure to support them with your next purchase. Thanks again

Along this line of thought, I went to the LaRue Tactical FB page and wrote a note of thanks and "liked" them. Recommend you consider doing the same for LaRue and the other sponsors who make all this possible. Without consistent, positive feedback by our 3-Gun Community and a return on their sponsorship efforts, our great supporters may eventually decide to move on.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Along this line of thought, I went to the LaRue Tactical FB page and wrote a note of thanks and "liked" them. Recommend you consider doing the same for LaRue and the other sponsors who make all this possible. Without consistent, positive feedback by our 3-Gun Community and a return on their sponsorship efforts, our great supporters may eventually decide to move on.

Is there a list of sponsors? I made comments on LaRue and SureFire pages and sent an email to Ergo Grips. I'm trying to remember all the sponsors!

http://texasmultigun.com/2012-texas-multigun-championship-sponsors

Is there a list of sponsors? I made comments on LaRue and SureFire pages and sent an email to Ergo Grips. I'm trying to remember all the sponsors!

Just got back to Kentucky.

Great match. Probably the most hospitable group I have been aroung yet at a major 3-gun. Food, drinks..free. Who's Idea was it to buy doughnuts? I love this person whoever they are. I was hopped up on BBQ suace and sugar the entire time.

Squad 2. I enjoyed shooting with you guys.

Sheldon, Marcy, Kyle, and the staff...you guys rock! Texas is where it is at for great shooting and terrific folks to hang out with.

Hey Brian! Glad you guys made it down, it was good to see you. BTW - Doughnuts were all MARK LARUE! I think he loves to watch folks eat, shoot and make merry!

Cheers,

Kyle

How bout that Rick Perry!! I just walked right up with a 40 S&W on my hip and shook his hand. Makes me proud to be a Texan, he will always have my support and he will always support our 2nd amendment rights. Long live the Gov!!

It's true! Everything is bigger in Texas!

I'm just going to make a list:

beautiful range

great match administration

friendly, knowledgable, hard working match staff

scoring system to be the next evolution in 3 gun

wonderful match hospitality from all those involved

huge prize table

The only problem I see is we have to wait until next year to do it all again!

One thing to add- seeing Bennie Cooley shoot Stage 4 first position right handed and switch to left handed w/ the rifle for the second position was a sight to behold. Just another item to add to my practice list.

Edited by Bryan 45

I used to think being recognized was a good thing. Until after the third squad with young people in it cautiously called me "Mr Danger" :huh:

When I finally asked why they thought my name was Danger, I was told that a photo of man that looks exactly like me is used in the preschool classes and call..........Stranger Danger! :goof:

This is a joke and only a joke all the facts have been manipulated for the sake of humor, that some may be slow to grasps

Edited by AlamoShooter