Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Watch your reloading boys..

OpenDot

Different powders take up different amounts of space in the case. One powder may fill that sucker up with the given charge. Another may just barely get half way there. Take your eyes off the ball and BOOOM!

I have misread my scale and had 5 grains more than I thought. Luckily for me I was just pushing the max load by a little with the extra 5 grains. It was stout and I enjoyed being able to pull the bullets from about 100 rounds. :ph34r: later rdd

I have misread my scale and had 5 grains more than I thought. Luckily for me I was just pushing the max load by a little with the extra 5 grains. It was stout and I enjoyed being able to pull the bullets from about 100 rounds. :ph34r: later rdd

Hey Bubber

You didn't tell them that a double charge for you results in a 160PF load. :roflol::devil:

Edited by Gregg K

Hey Bubber

You didn't tell them that a double charge for you results in a 160PF load. :roflol::devil:

Almost 162, if I lie about bullet weight... :sight:

I have double charged a 45acp case with clays on a 550 back when I first started reloadeding, I have the blown out case, the blown up next case in mag and the bullet from it super glued to a picture of my family on my reloading bench to remind me not to be stupid and pay attention.

Wow, these photos and events are impressive. I now, will never, not use my powder checker/alarm on my 650. Thanks to all of you who survived and have a photo and story to share. Hopefully, "That which doesn't kill us,will make us more friggin attentive"

• 3 months later...

Wow, these photos and events are impressive. I now, will never, not use my powder checker/alarm on my 650. Thanks to all of you who survived and have a photo and story to share. Hopefully, "That which doesn't kill us,will make us more friggin attentive"

The screw backs out on mine often enough that I sometimes ignore the alarm so I don't really trust it, there's no substitute for looking in every case.

Matt