Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BHPhoto & Video

-JQ-

They rock. They have every do-dad and thinga-majig that you could ever need re: photo, video, etc...super service on the phone or online. They don't try to compete on price (many brands have MAP) but are always fair and they do have specials.

Their shopping cart is top of class too. It doesn't look flashy but it works well every time. They have worked out a lot of the little things in the background that shows up as a simple operation on the surface.

Prior to my last purchase, I called and asked all kinds of questions. The guy on the phone knew most of my answers but didn't hesitate to say "hang on" (I thought he was answering another line, etc) But he came back each time and said my "manager said"

and/or " consider these options..."

Shipping - rock solid every time.

The only downside is if you are shopping on a Jewish holiday, even their shopping cart goes off line...frustrating but I certainly respect their dedication to their faith...

I'm not an employee - just a very happy customer.

:cheers:

PS. If your wallet is a bit heavy...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Edited by -JQ-

I remember reading an article a few years back about them. Specifically it was commending them on succeeding while stores like Circuit City failed and cried about the economy. As you mentioned, B&H closes on Friday sundown to Saturday sundown.

Here is the article in case you are interested: http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090501/why-circuit-city-failed-and-why-bh-thrives.html

While I was fortunate to have two local shops that catered to professionals, when I was working as a photographer, B&H became my go to source when the locals didn't have something in stock.....

I still recommend them, though I also advise folks to check Amazon these days.....

To put it another way -- B&H is to photographers what Brownells is to shooters....

...and their actual store in NYC should be listed as a tourist attraction or educational field trip. THE most efficient and organized system of product review, dealer interaction, delivery, payment, etc. I have encountered in a retail setting. Considering it's the best part of a whole city block near Madison Square Garden, and has been for some time, they must be doing (several) something(s) right!

Edited by cryptoprocta

I've been really happy with B&H products and service-it was the only place I could find a 4:3 aspect ratio monitor for my computer (don't care for the widescreen format for home use). My office buys a lot of stuff from them, too. We've given up on Frys and similar discount retailers; it seems everything we buy from them, regardless of brand falls apart or fails after a year.

Great tip Patrick, thanks!

I'm with ole "two sphincter" (cryptoprocta) - B&H, SHOULD be a destination vacation. Maybe we should all take a group trip...

They give me faith that business CAN be run efficiently and effectively.

I've been shopping B&H's store since they were down on 17th street. I was thrilled when they moved, because now they're only three blocks from my office. Great place, in-store on on-line.

They rock. They have every do-dad and thinga-majig that you could ever need re: photo, video, etc...super service on the phone or online. They don't try to compete on price (many brands have MAP) but are always fair and they do have specials.

Their shopping cart is top of class too. It doesn't look flashy but it works well every time. They have worked out a lot of the little things in the background that shows up as a simple operation on the surface.

Prior to my last purchase, I called and asked all kinds of questions. The guy on the phone knew most of my answers but didn't hesitate to say "hang on" (I thought he was answering another line, etc) But he came back each time and said my "manager said"

and/or " consider these options..."

Shipping - rock solid every time.

The only downside is if you are shopping on a Jewish holiday, even their shopping cart goes off line...frustrating but I certainly respect their dedication to their faith...

I'm not an employee - just a very happy customer.

:cheers:

PS. If your wallet is a bit heavy...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

OMG, they are great. I bought a piano bench but had to return it because it's a factory defect. They told me to just reorder and ship in the defective one and they will re-credit my account. It was hassle free. They called to check up and make sure that everything was in order when my item arrived the second time.

• 5 months later...

I've bought a LOT of photo related gear from B&H over the years. I like their service enough that I bought my new TV from them a couple of months ago. Always had good experiences with them...

And how 'bout the fact that Henry Posner shows up on a shooting forum - something he probably has no interest in - just to say thanks? cheers.gif (and, yeah, Henry, you guys will be getting a big chunk of change from me in March, w/ the 1D X coming out...)

And how 'bout the fact that Henry Posner shows up on a shooting forum - something he probably has no interest in - just to say thanks? cheers.gif

That's pretty freakin awesome!

Anybody that hunts down customers so they can say Thank You is OK.

Thank you all for your kind words. This is very gratifying and much appreciated.

- Henry Posner

Wow - very nice.

I just bought a new Slik (brand) pistol grip tripod mount for my spotting scope from B&H. As usual, the online purchase and follow up shipping email was seamless.

be

And how 'bout the fact that Henry Posner shows up on a shooting forum - something he probably has no interest in - just to say thanks? [sNIP] (and, yeah, Henry, you guys will be getting a big chunk of change from me in March, w/ the 1D X coming out...)

I have to make two confessions:

1 - The only thing I shoot with is my camera. I haven't fired a gun or rifle or bow & arrow at anything in 45 years and the only times I ever did it was at paper targets at summer camp.

2 - I originally happened upon this thread via a Google or BoardReader alert. I did not ferret it out on my own. There are simply too many forums, blogs, etc.

That said, we do cherish our customers and appreciate both your business and very kind words. This is very gratifying!

--

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

Edited by Henry Posner

1 - The only thing I shoot with is my camera. I haven't fired a gun or rifle or bow & arrow at anything in 45 years and the only times I ever did it was at paper targets at summer camp.

Henry, if you ever decide you'd like to change that, let us know :) Actually, there's a surprising overlap between shooters and photographers. Quite a number of us shooters are also pretty good behind a viewfinder!

B&H is my go to store, heard lots of good things about their New York store and will surely be on my list to see when I visit. Patiently waiting for the new 5D or whatever they will call it and B&H is where I'll be getting it. Oh, and a big plus to what XRe said.