Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oh yeah, getting up at 4:00 am to watch this is going to be as much fun as tripping a leprechaun. But hey, that's what a good portion of this country gets off on. We deserve what we've got and what's coming down the road at us. I'll bet this thread grows as long as the Top Shot thread.

Pat

I wish the young couple well but I do not understand the level of interest in the English royal family. Yes we have a cultural link to England and they are a close ally but we sort of expressed our displeasure with the whole monarchy thing about 230 years ago. To all the English on the forum, enjoy the day off.

I think that it is great that England keeps there traditions and culture intact... we should practice that here in America... Perhaps we Americans forget too easily about culture and tradition, our Constitution is under attach every day, perhaps we should just get rid of that too... after all it's 2011. <_<

Why is there a Queen of England, in the year 2011?

It's called tradition and America should look into it.

ETA: Oops! I see that Dan and I think alike. I should read the entire thread before I post. :blush:

Edited by sirveyr

The procession from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace will reportedly have officers/soldiers/bobbies/peace-keepers every 5 feet. As this is a "public holiday," all 5,000+ (projected) officers will be paid overtime, costing as much as 11,000,000 USD.

unconfirmed, I couldn't find any sources (other than The Daily Show), but military troops will be pulled from Afghanistan to help in securing the route.

Each "Public Holiday" costs approximately 6,000,000,000 pounds in lost productivity. (yes, billion).

A few particulars:

* Wedding Gown: $434,000. Plus jewelry and outfits to wear to the receptions (yes, s as in plural receptions).

* Wedding Cake: $80,000. Prince Charles is writing the check for the two cakes -- traditional cream for Kate and white fruit cake for William. That works out to $134 per slice!

* Flowers: $800,000.

* Cleaning: $64,000. The British taxpayers get to pay for cleaning up after the one million people who are expected to come out and witness the big day.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/04/prince-william-kate-middleton-royal-wedding-multi-million-costs

Just a few nuggets of thought.

Edited by Pro-Pain