Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

single stack magwells

1911guru

I use the SV single stack magwell and like it alot. I also use Wilson and Tripp mags. The nice thing about the SV is its all aluminum so I sanded the bottom of the magwell just a little for more exposed base pad.

+1 and it locks your hand into the gun really nice.

Another happy customer of Jim Joyce Custom. I've got 3 of them so far.

post-11000-019399200 1301703385_thumb.jp

did u need special grips for the jjc magwell? or have to cut the ones you have?

You do have to trim aprox 1/4 inch off of the bottom of your grips. I use Ergo grips which are textured and easy to trim.

• 1 year later...

Also interested in that answer, im still searching for a magwell i like that makes classic div requirements

Infinity just released their new IPSC Classic Division legal mag well:

http://www.sviguns.com/1101.php

Hey sweet finally, i gave up on that even coming out this year.

Not the full wrap i was hoping for though, im not sure if its much of an advantage over my current s&a magwell

Also interested in that answer, im still searching for a magwell i like that makes classic div requirements

Infinity just released their new IPSC Classic Division legal mag well:

http://www.sviguns.com/1101.php

Leave it to trace to be the best svi employee they never had! For the $ though, a Stan Chen is looking like a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I like magwells with a large flare, not for reloads, but to rest the bottom of my weak hand on. It seems to give a little extra leverage for downward pressure. So far I'm happy with my Dawson. It's the only one I've tried but it fits my hand nice and makes for a very quick reload.

in the market for a new magwell. i currently have a smith and alexander and want something like a dp no gap magwell. my gun is a 9mm with wilson emt mags i want the mag to stick out of the bottom of the magwell just enough to easily seat a fully loaded 10 round mag. can i accomplish this with dp basepads? or does anyone know of any other set ups similar? without having to buy new mags. size of weight of the gun does not matter. i would apreciate any advice and would like to see some pictures. i would also like to see a picture of a dp no gap with wilson mags

I don't know if the body on the 10 round 9mm ETM is the same length as the body on the .45 ETM, but the DP no gap ICE and basepads are excellent for me. The DP basepads also have grooves in the sides that allow you to strip the mag quickly if it is stuck. Doesn't bother me that I can't manipulate the front of the mag.

Anybody here run the SV mag well? How do you like it? I think they have two magwells for SS. One for ipsc and one for USPSA. Also if you have a SV single stack what kind of mag/base pad would you use? Thinking of a SS build with SV. Thanks.

I have the USPSA Legal Infinity mag well on my Single Stack 40. It works perfectly with Wilson Combat extended basepads.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody here run the SV mag well? How do you like it? I think they have two magwells for SS. One for ipsc and one for USPSA. Also if you have a SV single stack what kind of mag/base pad would you use? Thinking of a SS build with SV. Thanks.

I have the USPSA Legal Infinity mag well on my Single Stack 40. It works perfectly with Wilson Combat extended basepads.

Can you use Tripp mags. Any experience with those. I like their wide base pads.

Can you use Tripp mags. Any experience with those. I like their wide base pads.

Yup, the Tripps work fine with the "competition", SV magwell.

That said, I still ground a little off the bottom of mine, so a little more of the basepad would stick out. :cheers: