Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sarge Has Morphed into Kevin Sanders

I Have dropped the screen name Sarge in favor of my real name Kevin Sanders. Judging by the number of PM's I have gotten from my hordes of loyal followers (2)I figured I better make an official announcement.

I did this for a few reasons. But the main reason is that I won my division last night at a local indoor league so I figured it was time to get more serious!:goof:

No, actually a GM told me I should, so I did.:ph34r:

Maybe, I can't really say why I did it because I would be breaking the forum rules.

Or maybe it was just time for a change.

Edited by Kevin Sanders

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a guy that uses his real name because I'm a real guy. Not hiding behind anything.

But I am disappointed that running off folks that have been shooting for 20 years and have earned their classifications seems like a good thing. Experts are hard to come by and Benos is suffering from GM attrition.

Edited by Seth

Why use a "fake" name...?

Never found the need to hide behind internet anonymity to say the things I want to say... :devil:

Kevin Sanders, this ones for you... :cheers:

Does it count when you show up to a club match, don't even know the MD and your scores are posted with your Enos handle?

It is an adjustment to civilian life right? :roflol: Kevin congrats on the win, and on your new identity. I've not changed my handle but putting the picture of myself as the avatar made me instanly recognizable at major matches and had lots of folks come up and ask "You dat Coco dude, right?" So I think you have made the right choice.

Edited by CocoBolo

Never found the need to hide behind internet anonymity to say the things I want to say... :devil:

It is all about a thing called "Social Engineering"

I google for your real name and your ENOS posts come up. Oh, I see you going to shoot a match out of town on certain dates---I know you have guns, so I might have free access to your house.

Not using your real name has nothing to do with 'hiding" your identity from other shooters on this forum.

It is all about a thing called "Social Engineering"

I google for your real name and your ENOS posts come up. Oh, I see you going to shoot a match out of town on certain dates---I know you have guns, so I might have free access to your house.

Not using your real name has nothing to do with 'hiding" your identity from other shooters on this forum.

Surely you can't be serious Larry. :mellow:

I just did a Google search for your name and on the 1st page of results alone I came up with 4 references to guns/shooting, and 1 specifically was a link to an Enos thread about the 2008 Indiana Sectional, where you worked as a CRO. The 2nd page had 3 more links.

You can play with words all day long, but you can never really "disconnect" from your real name on the internet. It will always trace back to you.

My suggestion to you and everyone else is don't post on this forum, Facebook, MySpace or any other social media sites when / where you are traveling out of town.

Wow, look at the mileage this simple post generated.:mellow:

My name has always been at the end of my posts.

A good point was made about going to large matches and how awkward it can be to meet a fellow shooter/forum member.