Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highs are in the mid-90s and a 40-50 percent chance for afternoon showers though the week. Pretty typical this year for Florida. If you're coming from a mild climate, its going to feel humid!

Hey Gerard, congrats on making MA. I shot with you at the Area 6 a couple months ago.

Edited by Filishooter

Well, I am itching to get underway on Friday and head over. I live about 2 1/2hrs from Frostproof, but I rented a little cabin at a nearby fish camp so I don't have all the commuting since I am shooting Saturday AM, volunteering to set steel Sunday AM, and of course collecting mad prizes Sunday night!!

will water be available?

There was water in EVERY bay last year along with a port-a-potty at every other bay. Very nice.

Remember, this year it's at a different facility, although, I expect Phil to make it as comfortable as possible.

Leaving in 5 hours!

Seiichi

The weather was perfect for a Florida summer day. Clear in the morning with clouds in the afternoon but no major rain. Even as a Florida resident who is outside quite a bit, I advise plenty of sunscreen. As others have noted, the shooting was great.

I saw some video and pictures of this competition online. It looks like a fun deal. Only question I have is where are all the brothers at? How many young African Americans were allowed to compete? I am just curious to see how minorities are excelling in this sport being one myself.

Jamal

I saw some video and pictures of this competition online. It looks like a fun deal. Only question I have is where are all the brothers at? How many young African Americans were allowed to compete? I am just curious to see how minorities are excelling in this sport being one myself.

Jamal

Allowed?!!?!

Any and all who care to register....

Are you immplying anything to the contrary?

I'm not implying anything. I'm just asking questions. I'm just curious as to how many brothers were shooting? Isn't this a invitational competition? I'm new to the sport.

Jamal

It's an open event. Send in an application with the appropriate fee and you shoot the match.

Your assumption and insinuation that attendees are allowed to shoot, and especially that a decision to allow someone to shoot would be based on race is asinine and amounts to race-baiting.

Words mean things. Choose them carefully.