Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate freezing temperatures

Big Bore

I was headed out to the January 1st 3 gun here in Salt Lake. Drove about 40 minutes and realized the tailgate had fallen open, it was frozen and didn't latch, and one of my plastic bins with all of my rifle gear was gone. Called the wife and her start looking at that end and I started back.

Police called, they found all of my stuff scattered in a major intersection. They were a little curious about what I did for a living.

Ending up losing about 500 bucks worth of gear not counting 400 rounds of .223 and 25 shotgun slugs and a few bird shot.

All of my match tested good magazines, 2 mag couplers, shotgun chokes, some tools, MagLula loader, a brand new 40 round mag, a Nordic 42 round Pmag, my CED timer, and some other parts and pieces smashed to bits.

I luckily put my rifle and shotgun in the tool box instead of in the truck bed like I usually do.

Needless to say I was a little pissed off.

I did manage to not kick anything too hard...... ;)

Pmag are tough but not that kinda tough.

I wonder if CED will repair the timer??

post-7595-068421900 1294023250_thumb.jpg

post-7595-014192700 1294023274_thumb.jpg

post-7595-065036800 1294023315_thumb.jpg

Damn that sucks dude. Freezing temps suck for sure!! I think it's gotten all the way up to 12 here at my house this weekend. :angry2: Can't get outside and do anything...beer even froze today while I was out in the shop before I could get it all drank.

When my tailgate falls down it is very loud and you can feel and I mean really feel it. Its an old truck 96 and the tail gate latches are bad. I'm very suprised you missed the sound of it falling. I have a rubber matt in my truck stuff don't move.

Tuff break.

That SUCKS! I learned that long ago, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, goes into the bed of my truck without being tied, bungied, strapped, etc.....Well, it's kinda hard to bungy, strap, tie down loose mulch, so there is that exception.

I feel your pain, but at least the guns are safe.

When my tailgate falls down it is very loud and you can feel and I mean really feel it. Its an old truck 96 and the tail gate latches are bad. I'm very suprised you missed the sound of it falling. I have a rubber matt in my truck stuff don't move.

Tuff break.

Never heard it. The radio was really blaring though.

Damn Amigo! That just plain sucks if you need anything ion the mean time just give me a ring. KurtM

Thanks for the offer, I'll just have to sweet talk my accountant so I can buy some new shit.

The part that sucks is all of my good mags that have been "combat" tested are gone so I have to start testing a bunch of mags instead of just one at a time when you need it.

Oh, my heart is breaking for you Dude!

I know how difficult it is to deal with the accountant. :roflol:

So sorry for your loss.

Insurance claim for sure.

It was so cold here that our water froze in the night and the morning shower and toilet both failed.

Good thing I made the coffee the night before. :cheers:

I think it's gotten all the way up to 12 here at my house this weekend. :angry2: Can't get outside and do anything...beer even froze today while I was out in the shop before I could get it all drank.

Now that THERE is a tragedy...

That sucks man. Could have been worse, my brother had his home burglarized, has a gun safe(this is a good decision), his wife's jewelry wasn't in the gun safe(bad decision). He's out 6K in uninsured jewelry(no additional writer over insurance limit). Don't you know guns go in the cab, skiis go in the bed. I feel your pain.

Tuff break.

I was wondering the same thing, but on the same note, I am fearful that this will happen one day.

I have a rubber mat and I still push my range bag way into the bed when I drive!

That really sucks. Picking up brass is bad enough. Having to do it frogger style at a busy intersection can't be fun. Of course, I'd love to see the look on a mechanics face when he has to pull a 223 JHP out of someone's tire.