Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What I learned at Area 2

Neomet

Do not, repeat do not leave your little finger wrapped around your magazine right above the basepad as you slam a mag home. You will promptly care much less about your front sight than you should and then the entire tip of your finger including the nail will turn a distressing color of blue-black. :surprise::blink:

Do not, repeat do not leave your little finger wrapped around your magazine right above the basepad as you slam a mag home. You will promptly care much less about your front sight than you should and then the entire tip of your finger including the nail will turn a distressing color of blue-black. :surprise::blink:

OUCH!! :goof:

I feel for ya neo, and yes am a part ofthe club, mine was due to a brand new gun with a HUGE magwell, and i attempted to reload the mag and my middle finger, needless to say, it sorta worked actually, cept for the finger part, my friends wife is a shutter bug and said she thought she got a pic of me with both feet coming off the ground as i screamed...btw...i did finish the match, icing my finger between stages, the nail fell off a week later...and i ditched that magwell...

Edited by calishootr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

oh man, I did the same thing, sticking a finger up a Dawson magwell and loading a mag at the same time. Part of the nail turned black but thankfully it didnt fall off. Hurt almost as much as getting my hand slammed in the car door by one the guys I was working with. He kept on asking repeatedly why I screamed and was in so much pain :angry: .

I did that on one of my reloads last sunday at our club match, felt it, the mag fell out on the next shot and by then I wasn't interested much in the stage.

Not as bad as yours but a little blood clot under the nail and on the tip of my ring finger (left hand).

Never did that before.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...