Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My gun room

MarkCO

I still have a little to do, but it is mostly complete.

Top left is the the bench, 30" by 8' maple butcher block over base cabinets. There are dedicated switched plugs for each loading station and over on the far right is the hose and switch for the dedicated canister vac which is outside. The pantry next to the rockchucker has primers on top and powder on the bottom.

Top right is the 8 feet long and 8 foot high storage rack: Brass and bullets, gun cases, optics, and loaded ammo.

Bottom left is The Rockchucker getting ready to load some .260. Yep, mounted on a Dillon 550 strong Mount! Dies in cabinets below and air tools in drawer.

Bottom right is the 650. Wall rack has mounts for caliber changes. Have compressed air piped in from the garage. The primer tube has a steel plate in the celing above (just in case).

I also have a chest for magazines and a clost for all of my hunting and shooting clothing. HDTV with a computer and Blue-Ray over the bench for listening to music when I am loading and catching a game or movie when I am not. Overall about 10 feet wide and 14 feet long. Alarmed with security door and hardened walls all-around. I put in a bar sink with a 30" counter top next to the closet as well.

Flooring and trim is still left, and mounting a few more hanging panels. My wife would not let me put a toilet in here!

post-6388-020647600 1289622672_thumb.jpg

Great job, I like it! :cheers:

I have a gun room also. I keep safe, cleaning stuff, belts, loaded ammo in it, but opted for all relaoding/case prep to be done in my shop. Trying to distance my small children from as much lead as possible.

That looks great, I'm stuck in the basement. Maybe when the last of the kids are gone I can move upstairs. :cheers:

I love basement... I have a 2500 sq feet one where I am the boss... try THAT upstairs! :)

Here's part of my reloading area.

post-21305-013971500 1290284670_thumb.jp

Edited by Foxbat

sweet set up. Is it in a basement? any dampness issues?

Yep, in the basement. When we built the house, I put in a structural steel floor. So there is a steel grid beneath with wood deck on top. There is a moisture control system in that space, so it maintains right at 30%.

TV is plenty big, bigger and it would be too much as I am only a few feet away when working on the bench.

PowderFinger, I've got a full shop, and game processing station in my garage, which is a completely separate garage from the one the wife and kids use.

That looks great, I'm stuck in the basement. Maybe when the last of the kids are gone I can move upstairs. :cheers:

I love basement... I have a 2500 sq feet one where I am the boss... try THAT upstairs! :)

Here's part of my reloading area.

Ok. You win.

• 3 weeks later...

sweet set up. Is it in a basement? any dampness issues?

Yep, in the basement. When we built the house, I put in a structural steel floor. So there is a steel grid beneath with wood deck on top. There is a moisture control system in that space, so it maintains right at 30%.

TV is plenty big, bigger and it would be too much as I am only a few feet away when working on the bench.

PowderFinger, I've got a full shop, and game processing station in my garage, which is a completely separate garage from the one the wife and kids use.

That's too lucky, mine, besides my stuff is now full of Christmas boxes.

How big does it have to be to keep the wife stuff out? Oh nevermind, I'm just dreaming on the key board. :)

How big does it have to be to keep the wife stuff out? Oh nevermind, I'm just dreaming on the key board. :)

The wife has to have her own room, and the gun room has a security door with a combination only I know.

The wife has to have her own room, and the gun room has a security door with a combination only I know.

Nice. My gun room is in the 4 bedroom model home we got years ago, I got to choose from the baby room with bear and balloon wall paper

and the room with the bear and balloon wall paper. Garage mostly mine.