Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your lube of choice for your AR?

Mbauer67

I've been using Vagisil since reading an article in SWAT magazine by Pat Rogers.

NOW THAT IS SOME FUNNY LUBRICUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by tnek

I use BreakFree for everything from XD thru Saiga. I think far to many people spend to much time mentaly masturbating over lube. I dont thing BreakFree is the be all end all. Its just a decent lube that seems to work and I dont need to buy it by the quart.

I have seen things like this go 10 pages on car forums. Short of WD40 I dont think I have ever had a "lubrication" failure in 30 years.

I am sure someone will pipe in with some ballistic gel testing and friction testing to prove how much better lube A is over lube B.

Should have saved this for a nice winter time topic. :sight::sight:

I've been using Vagisil since reading an article in SWAT magazine by Pat Rogers.

Thats funny and gave me a good idea for some other types of lube. So from the movie Major League

"Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball. Of course if the umps are watching me real close I'll rub a little jalapeno up my nose, get it runnin', and if I need to load the ball up I just wipe my nose."

I use the ford automatic transmission fluid from the cheapie section of your local automotive store. Works great but you are going to need to reappy during the match since it is not sticky. The then one thng you do end up with is zero carbon buildup.

Used to lube all semiauto's with CLP only....

Using Brunox oil right now, it comes in three varieties of which the green Top-Kett is being used on parts that are subject to violent movement. Such as the bolt-cam en boltcarrier.

So nobody is using Slide-Glide?

I do. Yep, I'm a greaser.

+1

I've been using the S-G light for a while, but it is considerably more messy than oil when it comes time to disassemble and clean, so I am going to swap back to oil and keep it that way. Probably use the free FP-10 I have and Mobil 1 when that is gone.

+1 on the oil above. The owner's manual for the 2010 Corvette notes that all oil used in the Corvette must meet GM4718M standard, and be labeled as meeting the standard, i.e., Mobile 1 5w-30. :cheers:

Other lubes that work well include: Eal Snot (an oil used in helicopter engines) and Grams Engineering sells Blue Lube.

Edited by Sterling White

I use what I got free from the military many years ago. Break Free, LSA, and Grease, Automotive, Artillery. The grease came in a 1.75 lb. can and so far has lasted over 20 years worth of use for lube on most of my rifles and pistols.

Breakfree CLP. I clean with brake parts cleaner, then wipe down and lube with CLP. All I have ever used and it has never let me down.

I have seen too many guns go down, or mafl too often in matches... totally unscientific, but every time I asked what they used as lube - it was always something thicker/heavier than CLP.

Since mine always run, thats what I use.

Has anyone tried Weaponshield? Supposedly by the creator of the original formula for FP-10. My wife likes it, because it doesn't smell awful. but I find it to be a really effective CLP (better than Remclean, anyway; haven't tried Breakfree). You can even get a free 1/4oz sample.

I've switched to this after starting out as my dad taught me: Hoppe's #9 followed by Hoppe's oil, then trying Militec-1 on my pistol (yeah, I was reading the HK forums too much at first :unsure: ), then Remclean. I feel like the actions are smoother with Weaponshield, and since it's a CLP, it's nice to just have one bottle out (unless I need copper solvent), and even nicer to not have to clean the #9 off everything before lubing.

Right now I'm running it on everything: AR, M2, Beretta 92 and HK USP. But if someone out there knows a good reason that it's a bad idea, I could be convinced.

-- John.

I use an LMT Piston AR and it runs on pure awesomeness :devil:

now that was funny :cheers:

i used slip2000 since i've gotten a ton of it for free at different classes and at SHOT. is it better than the generic 10w30 motor oil i used to (and sometime still) use? not that I can tell... i'll send this thread to mr. ATAS so he can call me out for not using tactically approved lube products... :roflol:

Edited by jaredr