Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

Nope, we figured (and had a little help) that it would be easier to field a team of 4 different division shooters out of the 5 divisions at the match, than it would be all 5.

jj

Eta; and when we say 15 stages, we mean 15 ROCKY MOUNTAIN 3 GUN stages. No "short, medium or long" anything... :)

Edited by RiggerJJ

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we get extra credit if we field a team of 5 for all 5 divisions?

Sure! Your 5th can be the cheerleader, but he has to wear the skirt! Be a good incentive to not be last place out of the 5 team members too!

jj

Do we get extra credit if we field a team of 5 for all 5 divisions?

Sure! Your 5th can be the cheerleader, but he has to wear the skirt! Be a good incentive to not be last place out of the 5 team members too!

jj

Oh boy, you might need someone else to shoot HM for you Chris. I don't know if I can take the chance of being the last place and have to wear a skirt. JJ will never let the city-kitty off of that one.

The team shoot offs will be on the 10th, after the match. (see line 4 of Ds post #46)

Scores for the teams will come from their INDIVIDUAL scores AND the team shoot.

So yes, Dan, this is a traditional individual match, just a couple days longer, and more stages. You can shoot the match without being on a team.We will give priority to international shooters, then fill er up with the usual outlaws out there.

jj

I'm curious to see how the 4 shooter team in a 5 division race works out. Unfortunately, I will more than likely end up working the match. I'd love to fill the HM slot on a rockin team.

But, if I am reading it right, your individual score, shooting as an RO counts, then the team score, which would ?probably? not need 60 ROs to run the team event, so I don't see why some ROs could not be on a team.

Denise,

In your original post you said 5 person teams, in post 46 you said 4 person teams. Did one of the divisions get dropped?

Nope! We talked to some very experienced international and team shooters, and 4 out of 5 just makes more sense. We still have 5 divisions, each team just needs to have 4 different division...so they'll have to have at least one He-Man and at least one non-magnified no matter what. Gives you gaming room, too!

Also, our superior consultants suggested that we take best 3 for team score in case something unforeseen happens like a broken leg or something, the team won't be out of it! :goof:

Denise

So, after preference is given to international shooters, will preference then be given to US shooters who sign up as a team? Or will it just be some crazy free for all, where half of a team might make it, and half might not? Also, is the same, if you have shot rm3g 2 times, you get early registration rules going to apply? Makes it almost impossible to get in, for those of us who havent, and that cant be there for a full week to shoot with the RO's and then stay for the match

Edited by Uber

So, after preference is given to international shooters, will preference then be given to US shooters who sign up as a team? Or will it just be some crazy free for all, where half of a team might make it, and half might not? Also, is the same, if you have shot rm3g 2 times, you get early registration rules going to apply? Makes it almost impossible to get in, for those of us who havent, and that cant be there for a full week to shoot with the RO's and then stay for the match

I'm afraid, we feel that the "crazy free for all" is better for people than the first microsecond online system.

I'm sorry it hasn't worked out so great for you!

40 people who have not shot it twice have already made it in this year, plus a few more in the early/staff shoot. We do our best! Apparently, not good enough! :mellow:

For the World Shoot, there will be a similar, early sign-up allowed, but with the higher price-tag and the extra stages, I am hoping everyone will get in that wants to play!

It may be wishful thinking, but, it seems the most fair way to us. Remember, 15 stages, 5+ days...

Denise

The match is at the NRA Whittington Center, in Raton, New Mexico. It could affect whether you fly into Denver or Albuquerque.

If you have to fly into Denver, ship your mags together with the ammo.