Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uspsa.org Website

wgnoyes

LOVING the new website....

However... release on Friday was bad. Match on Sunday and I'm the scorekeeper but not the club contact and that doesn't give us much time to get this straightened out. Club Contact doesn't use internet much. A Monday release would have given clubs a week to get this figured out... so would a "heads up" email to club contacts, etc. Luckily I have uspsa as my home page or it would have been a shock come Sunday afternoon when I am trying to upload scores...

didn't need this extra hassle on top of a very stressful 60 hr week...

-rvb

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice look and feel. I can't find detailed classifier results, top 10 in class, etc. and the major match results from the main tab doesn't seem to show anything when you leave the club code blank. Still on my first cup of coffee though...

Found my classifier info in Member Support... maybe a link from profile would help since the summary data is there anyway. Just a thought.

Edited by lugnut

I can't get logged in from work cuz I don't have my pin here but I'm curious, can you still check tje classification of any member? It's fun keeping track of your friends!

Looks like to do classifier uploading you need to be a "club contact" and it appears one contact per club.

Yeah that's gonna screw things up for me temporarily, as I do stats for 3 local clubs that I am not the official "club contact". I'll have to contact the clubs in question and see how long it takes to figure this out. <_<

There is one "Contact", but that "Contact" can add as many "authorized uploaders" to the club as they need. Go to Club Support and then select "Club Results Uploaders" to add permissions (if you are a club contact). Authorized uploaders can do everything a club contact can do except add more authorized uploaders. This will be very convenient for people who do stats for multiple clubs.

Can you give that authorization to the SC's for the clubs within their section?

Looks like they have a lot of work to do... the system crashed while I was in it.

Match results are archived.

I don't remember ever getting a PIN. :ph34r:

its on the cover of every Front Sight magazine you get :)

I guess it must have changed? I have used the same password since I joined(the one on front sight) but now it says invalid password. I'll have to wait until I get home I guess and see what the password is now.

When I look for match results it appears club codes are needed. I've never used codes, always just looked up the club by name. Where is there a list of club codes to make this a little easier to look up results?

When I look for match results it appears club codes are needed. I've never used codes, always just looked up the club by name. Where is there a list of club codes to make this a little easier to look up results?

If you click on the link at the bottom that says "results uploaded before Oct1" it will take you to a screen where you can select the club name like the old way. hopefully they will incorporate that into new uploads from here on out as well as id hate to have to learn a bunch of different club codes

I guess I'll give them awhile to work out the bugs. I tried to look up my last match and it said file not found. I'm sure it will eventually prove to be a huge improvement over the old site.

LOVING the new website....

However... release on Friday was bad. Match on Sunday and I'm the scorekeeper but not the club contact and that doesn't give us much time to get this straightened out. Club Contact doesn't use internet much. A Monday release would have given clubs a week to get this figured out... so would a "heads up" email to club contacts, etc. Luckily I have uspsa as my home page or it would have been a shock come Sunday afternoon when I am trying to upload scores...

didn't need this extra hassle on top of a very stressful 60 hr week...

-rvb

It had nothing to do with "Friday", but with the First of a month.

We switched to a better results system (database rather than file driven - which will allow all sorts of new stuff to be developed). We needed a clear simply line between the old and new, and wanted that to be on the first of a month.

I also will improve the lookup screen to let people pick clubs by name or club code, not just club code.

Looks like to do classifier uploading you need to be a "club contact" and it appears one contact per club.

Yeah that's gonna screw things up for me temporarily, as I do stats for 3 local clubs that I am not the official "club contact". I'll have to contact the clubs in question and see how long it takes to figure this out. <_<

There is one "Contact", but that "Contact" can add as many "authorized uploaders" to the club as they need. Go to Club Support and then select "Club Results Uploaders" to add permissions (if you are a club contact). Authorized uploaders can do everything a club contact can do except add more authorized uploaders. This will be very convenient for people who do stats for multiple clubs.

Can you give that authorization to the SC's for the clubs within their section?

I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting that capability!

the new setup CANT be any harder to navigate than the old one, so bring it on!! :cheers:

LOL Don't say that so fast. :wacko:

Thanks for the heads up on how to add permissions. I am the contact for our club and the clubs score keeper needed access for future uploads. :cheers: As others have said, the update was much needed and looks great. Now I have to learn my way around the new sight! lol

Joe W.

Edited by joecichlid

Looks great!

But...jeez...how about not having THREE OPEN guns on the front page!

No wonder we still hear the "you gotta have special gear to play that game".

A random shot from the USPSA gallery may be a better mechanism for the front page photo. This way we would get all division (and categories) represented.

A lot of people have links to their USPSA Classification page in their signature. These links are now broken with the new website and takes you to the home page. This is fine as a different URL is needed. But I can't find where to list that URL when I do a manual search for my classification on the USPSA website. Any hints on doing this?

On another note, the Match Results section needs to have a drop down menu listing the names of the USPSA clubs. Expecting people to remember the club number is unrealistic and not intuitive for new shooters.

Yet another note, when looking at legacy match results they error out when looking at specific matches. I have listed an example below....

URL - http://www.uspsa.org/legacy/match_index.php?local=1&clubid=ECO01&year=2010&match=08_01

Legacy Match Results

Results on this page are from the older web based results system that was in use until October 1, 2010. All match results uploaded since that date appear on match results on the main USPSA page.

August 1, 2010 - Club A.G.C.

Results will be displayed without last names since you are not logged in. Log in with your USPSA member number to gain access to results complete with last names

Warning: opendir(/homeinf/uspsa/public_html/local_results/ECO01/2010/08_01/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/uspsa/public_html/legacy/match_index.php on line 496

Could not open /homeinf/uspsa/public_html/local_results/ECO01/2010/08_01/

A lot of people have links to their USPSA Classification page in their signature. These links are now broken with the new website and takes you to the home page. This is fine as a different URL is needed. But I can't find where to list that URL when I do a manual search for my classification on the USPSA website. Any hints on doing this?

On another note, the Match Results section needs to have a drop down menu listing the names of the USPSA clubs. Expecting people to remember the club number is unrealistic and not intuitive for new shooters.

Yet another note, when looking at legacy match results they error out when looking at specific matches. I have listed an example below....

URL - http://www.uspsa.org...010&match=08_01

Legacy Match Results

Results on this page are from the older web based results system that was in use until October 1, 2010. All match results uploaded since that date appear on match results on the main USPSA page.

August 1, 2010 - Club A.G.C.

Results will be displayed without last names since you are not logged in. Log in with your USPSA member number to gain access to results complete with last names

Warning: opendir(/homeinf/uspsa/public_html/local_results/ECO01/2010/08_01/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/uspsa/public_html/legacy/match_index.php on line 496

Could not open /homeinf/uspsa/public_html/local_results/ECO01/2010/08_01/

Yep, thats the long version of what I found.