Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battle in the Bluegrass 2011

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well run match guys and girls. I'm sorry I didn't make it last year. I would love to say I was happy with my performance but what can I say taking a fall on the first stage of the match tends to stress you out a little. I can't blame anyone but myself.

Corey and Mike and everyone else involved, thanks for another fantastic match.

I only had 2 people laugh and point at my red rig, so for the next match, I'll duracoat my Glock in red and black tiger stripe. We'll see if that works.

It was great putting some faces to names as well.

Mac

Edited by McAllyn

Thanks to Corey, Mike and the whole crew at BGSL for putting on a great match. Squad 1 was a great group of folks with whom to shoot. Challenging stages that were enjoyable and a great atmosphere. Thanks again and see you next year.

Congrads TONY !!!! That new Single Stack must be smoke.... :cheers:

I wanna rematch! devil.gif

No seriously Tony earned it, nice job dude! Also congrats to Shaun Hopkins for Production HOA as well. A couple of very good shooters indeed!

Thanks for all the complements that I received after the match it really makes it worth while to put this on.

Just a side note, there was some complaining about stats not being done soon enough. Just remember that not everybody was done shooting at the same time. Also remember that the stats crew NEVER left that shed other to use the port-a-john one time! Scores where posted and awards where done minutes after they where done. A HUGH THANK YOU TO KEVIN AND PATTY CARROLL!!! bow.gifbow.gifbow.gif With out them this match wouldn't work.

Again, thanks to everybody that came and shot, some from other countries! We'll try to do this again next year as well!

Rolled into my house about 12:30 last night after a 5 hour drive home, haha. Had a blast depsite all my equipment issues. This match outdid last years BITB and I expect next year's to be even better!

A bit thank you to Corey, Mike, Kevin and Patty Carrol and everyone else behind the scenes who helped make this a very smoothly run match (at least from the competitor's view). :cheers:

Great folks, great weather, great stages, and one of the prettiest clubs where I've had the pleasure of shooting. Was also nice to put some faces with several Enos screen names, and enjoy the "old home week" atmosphere. I'll even note that I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they do know how to cook a pig that far north!

Timing was nice, too as a break in/shakedown match to find flaws before the SSN - and boy did I find some! Next year I'll return with a gun that runs like it should and see if my performance can match the rest of the experience!

I had to leave before the awards/prize table, so maybe this was addressed there, but my big question for the match: Did Tony P and the gun God meant us to shoot outrun Shaun H and his tupperware? Will the combined results be posted to the BGSL page?

Great job folks, let's do it again, next year!

BB

Edited by bbbean

tony picked up the glock i do believe.

we had a good time but both us just could not get this going. Wanda started out great but after the front sight broke off she drop off. me all but 1 stage i went color blind or something, could hit the white targets no problem but brown guys kept moving around when i shot at them

I had a good time but I'm still a bit out of breath.

Thanks to all the folks that took the time and effort to put this match on.

I hope to make the trip next year ..... 25 lbs lighter

You should try the match with 4 re shoots B). I technically should have had 5, but I was tired and more than peaved by my performance and didn't challenge the ruling by the RO. Needless to say, I was 0-4 and didn't want to go 0-5 in the reshoot department for the day. I was also concerned to find two additional Mike's on the official scores but not on my copy of the scoresheet. Oh well, it wouldn't have mattered at all. I shot awful, no excuses :angry:.

I had fun shooting with our squad of 6. It couldn't have ran better with that few of people in a squad. I definitely need to work on foot speed and agility for upcoming matches.

Thanks all for the match setup. The location couldn't have been better. :cheers:

You should try the match with 4 re shoots B). I technically should have had 5, but I was tired and more than peaved by my performance and didn't challenge the ruling by the RO. Needless to say, I was 0-4 and didn't want to go 0-5 in the reshoot department for the day. I was also concerned to find two additional Mike's on the official scores but not on my copy of the scoresheet. Oh well, it wouldn't have mattered at all. I shot awful, no excuses :angry:.

I had fun shooting with our squad of 6. It couldn't have ran better with that few of people in a squad. I definitely need to work on foot speed and agility for upcoming matches.

Thanks all for the match setup. The location couldn't have been better. :cheers:

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Great match again this year. This is going to be one of my most memorable matches. I saw the ground moving toward my face in slow motion in stage 4, and there was nothing I could do about it. I stretched out my hands quickly to stop it from hitting my head, then push it away as quickly as I could and finished the rest of the stage. My gun got instant stippling on one side. That's a very memorable experience.

Edited by 1911HiPower

Mr. Lincoln would have been safe around me yesterday :roflol:

Mr. Lincoln would have been safe around me yesterday :roflol:

No bravo's?