Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Western States Single Stack Championship

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's ok to sign up on Friday?

Sign up as a new shooter or sign in as a pre-registered shooter? I ask because I think it may be full if not it will be close. I would email Pollie or Steve to make sure there are still spots left.

And as an aside I went out this morning to shoot the standards and man oh man it is brutal. 5 seconds at 50 is wickedly hard. But this is going to be fun grinding it out. Time really is going to be secondary to accuracy.

-OG

So it's ok to sign up on Friday?

Sign up as a new shooter or sign in as a pre-registered shooter? I ask because I think it may be full if not it will be close. I would email Pollie or Steve to make sure there are still spots left.

And as an aside I went out this morning to shoot the standards and man oh man it is brutal. 5 seconds at 50 is wickedly hard. But this is going to be fun grinding it out. Time really is going to be secondary to accuracy.

-OG

I'm already signed up, guess I'm just talking about the shooter packet.

Pete

In the past years, they let you pick up your shooters packett up Friday afternoon. If you didn't make out by Friday afternoon, you could pick up your packett first thing Saturday morning. Or just have someone pick yours up Friday afternoon.

Posting this for Polle the stats queen: She will be there until 5:00pm Friday 1/28 for anyone who wants to pick up their packets, otherwise you can get them Saturday morning. There is a shooter's meeting at 7:00 Saturday morning with shooting to start at 7:30. Plan on shooting all day Saturday and then however long on Sunday it takes to finish what you didn't get to Saturday. Squad lists may (or may not) be posted on the web site. Polle can be reached at 480-235-6037 if you have any additional questions.

This part is mine: Don't call to ask about squadding, she doesn't have that information. And if you call have some clue about the time of day and don't call at 3:00am just because it seems urgent to you. She volunteered her phone number over my objections. :devil:

In case you didn't see the email note, here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Greetings all,

Wanted to send out a message to let you know some info about the match.

Round count is right at 270 rounds, and there will be 11 stages including Chrono. Your pistol will be weighed and must be under 43 ounces and will be box checked, per the USPSA rule book. Holster and mag pouch position, along with holster height will be checked.

There will be a shoot off this year and the details of that will be sent in another e-mail.

Shooter meeting will be at 0700 on Saturday, with shooting to start at 0730.......shooting will start at 0730 on Sunday as well.

Match check in will be Friday from 10:00AM to 5:00PM

There will also be a food vendor in the activity center at your lunch break, that is excellent, they will offer the following for you dining pleasure.

Combo Plate #1

Pulled pork sandwich (choice of sauce)

Cole slaw

Chips

water or soda

Combo Plate #2

2 Chicken Soft tacos

Refried beans

Chips & Salsa

water or soda

Combo Plate #3

Chicken Burrito

Refried beans

Chips & Salsa

water or soda

Each combo is $6

Bottled water and soda will be available thru out the weekend for 50 cents.

Please support the food vendor, and give me feedback, as we try to get better food and value each year.

If you have other questions, please let me know.

Steve"

ETA: Shoot-off Format: Shoot offs WSSSC 2011.pdf

Edited by ChuckS

Wandered around the match today some. Gorgeous 70* weather and stages looked really fun. Sort of wished I still shot legacy guns. tongue.gifwink.gif

Jim

Edited by Jman

A lot of shooting left tomorrow. No clear front runners yet. But by the looks of things Butler, Voigt, Nils, TGO (painful to watch walk) and Angus will all finish near the top. This will be interesting.

Western States Single Stack Championship

Match Date: 01/29/2011

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Points Stg %

1 Jonasson, Nils A48138 M Single Stack Major N N N N 1191.9757 100.00%

2 Leatham, Rob L684 GM Single Stack Major N N N N 1142.2099 95.82%

3 McKenna, Cody A64035 U Single Stack Major N N N N 1104.9402 92.70%

4 Voigt, Michael RD4 GM Single Stack Major N N N N 1100.9462 92.36%

5 Butler, Taran L2354 GM Single Stack Major N N N N 1097.9168 92.11%

6 Hobdell, Angus L2546 M Single Stack Major N N N N 1097.5833 92.08%

7 Shelby, Glenn TY56885 M Single Stack Major N N N N 1094.7747 91.85%

8 Shroufe, Steve TY42898 A Single Stack Major N N Y N 1087.5642 91.24%

9 France, Eric A40144 M Single Stack Major N N N N 1036.2065 86.93%

10 Lin, Mike TY49831 M Single Stack Major N N Y N 1024.4770 85.95%

Nils...... Nils..... hmmmmmm, isn't he that unknown wunderkid in Mesa? :D Also way to go Cody and August. Squad 2 was the Stealth Super Squad!!

Foot Fault!!!!!! hahaha... wish you were shooting with us Buddy, me ,Looch and Herb had an awesome time :cheers::cheers::cheers: