Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should I get my USPSA Membership today?

cali shot doc

I'm going to begin competing Sunday. I have to take a intro/safety course Saturday then I'm going to compete in my first local match Sunday. I'm going to get in a few more matches and then take a classifier on October 9th. Should I start my membership today or should I wait closer to the classifier on Oct. 9th

csd

Usually tell people to shoot three matches before shelling out funds for equipment or membership there's always the 1 in 1,000,000 chance you might not like it. Three matches on equipment will give you the idea of which division you'll want to start in along with feedback from other shooters on which equipment to purchase. Usually a club member or friend will get you through a couple of local matches.

Have Fun!

I suggest you sign up at the match. You might get to shoot for free or at a discount.

Be safe and enjoy,

DITTO!

I'm guessing ( haven't gotten the class list yet) that he's taking the intro course I'll be teaching at RRGC. Part of our deal there is that, if you pass the course, you get your first RRGC HotShots match no charge. The classifier will be at our sister club, TASC.

By all means, go ahead and sign up. As pointed out, you'll get a head start on your classification, but you'll also get the Front Sight magazine, which is full of tidbits specific for the sport - match dates and results, ads for gear, reloading and equipment maintenance columns, etc..

See ya (literally) at the range,

Kevin

Why sign up now?

Secondly, you are still going to get your scores. They just mark you pending. Furthermore, you can have the scores for up to two weeks before you signed up counted for you, just contact MD.

I suggest you sign up at the match. You might get to shoot for free or at a discount.

Be safe and enjoy,

DITTO!

I'm guessing ( haven't gotten the class list yet) that he's taking the intro course I'll be teaching at RRGC. Part of our deal there is that, if you pass the course, you get your first RRGC HotShots match no charge. The classifier will be at our sister club, TASC.

By all means, go ahead and sign up. As pointed out, you'll get a head start on your classification, but you'll also get the Front Sight magazine, which is full of tidbits specific for the sport - match dates and results, ads for gear, reloading and equipment maintenance columns, etc..

See ya (literally) at the range,

Kevin

yea i'm going to be there