• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got home at o'dark thirty this morning.

Thanks for running a great match!

Your stages were better than last year!

I did not have a complete meltdown facing the Polish Plate Rack.

Finally the weather was a dramatic improvement from last year!

Already plotting to make it out next year!

Edited by Wideload

Great Match, great people, great food. Yes it was one for the ages. Got home at about 2am (3am without the daylight savings...lol) 66 Shooters made for some interesting competition. In the end it came down like this:

1st Overall Matt Griffin

2nd Overall Rich Wolfe

3rd Overall Mike Carmoney

Thanks to all who came and helped put on this terrific match. We'll all be back next year to do it again. Except maybe this time we'll stay Saturday night and leave on Sunday...lol.

Bass

Great match!

Sam Keen deserves the accolades of the entire revo community for coordinating this match. And he's got a dedicated group of people who designed, built, and ran 10 great stages.

Among other things, getting 66 revo shooters together from all over the country highlights our presence in the USPSA. That's THREE TIMES the number of revo shooters who participated in this year's Nationals in Las Vegas.

Le Bonheur hospital gets a nice contribution, which will go to help cure or at least ease the suffering of some kids who deserve better.

The Memphis area economy gets a shot in the arm :devil: from a bunch of friendly souls spending their time and money all weekend. My lodging bucks went to the Wingate Motel, and most of my food and drink bucks were spent at Corky's and Hooters.

You might say that when they weren't sending lead down range, our shooters were spending money day and night this past weekend. Rumor has it that Coors has had to bring in extra supplies of Silver Bullets. Of course, that almost a requirement following every match Cliff attends.

Oh, and Sam also arranged a change to the normal way of running the prize table. Order of Finish was the first criterion. But every other visitor to the prize table was by random selection from all the shooters present. First to the table was Matt Griffin, and 2nd was yours truly, by virtue of my holding ticket #457. Third was Riche Wolfe, and 4th was another random selection. With my speed and shooting ability :roflol: , I would normally have been #34 to the table. With Sam's system, I got a Springfield XD-40 Tactical pistol! Maybe the thought that you might get lucky and win a gun will entice a few more shooters to Memphis for next year's match.

I was down in Memphis because I love shooting revolver, and we've got a great bunch of guys to shoot with. Also, because Bob Perdue was willing to drive nearly 2,000 miles over the weekend to get us there and back. [No, he still won't let me drive his truck... again.]

Thanks to Sam and company for putting on a great all-revolver USPSA match! I can't think of any other match where everyone got to solve the problem using iron sighted 6 shooters, and it was interesting to see the variety of strategies that competitors selected on each stage. The stages were a lot of fun to shoot. I was particularly looking forward to experiencing the Polish plate rack after seeing the You Tube videos from last year, and was pleased that I didn't need too many extra rounds to complete the stage. While Craig and I were shooting the match, our wives took the rental car and sampled Beale Street before searching for Elvis in Graceland, and they also took in the Pink Palace Mansion and Museum. A great time was had by all and we look forward to a return visit next year! John

You have to be the club person authorized to upload match results. If you are, then click on the block that reads "MATCH RESULTS UPLOAD" in the upper left hand corner of the "club support" page. There, you should have the option to upload both local and special/major match results.

If you don't have that authorization, your primary club contact has to clear it with Sedro Woolley to upload results.

In the meantime, you can probably email the upload file to kim@uspsa.org and she can get it to someone there who can upload it. It looks as though people from the Gator Classic, Monster Match and Fall Classic were able to upload OK.

Edited by professor

In looking at my ability to upload for TN01, I only have options for "local matches" and not "major matches." And to make matters more frustrating, I was already setup to upload the results for this match.

Anyway, so glad we made the process simpler and more streamlined.

As I expected, a great match, better than last year. I thought I would do better, but after the first seven stages, the wheels started coming off.

Does anyone have any idea of how much was raised for the "Boner" hospital?

Hopefully back again next year.

Squad 12 was a great bunch of guys and one gal to shoot with.

Sam and I were on the phone tonight going over all of the money that is about to be deposited, coming to us, and etc. After all expenses and bills paid - we are thinking we should have at little over $4,000. We should be able to announce an "official" number here soon. Yeah, this amount is a little down from last year, but given the economy and everything that goes with it - I would dare say that this was a good amount.

And more importantly - it is going to an organization that is not only worthy of our donations, but also one that WANTS our donations and appreciates the efforts to raise the funds. Please keep that in mind when establishing charitable contributions going forward.

More to come on the final numbers......thanks again for everyone showing up and making it a good, fun match.

You have to be the club person authorized to upload match results. If you are, then click on the block that reads "MATCH RESULTS UPLOAD" in the upper left hand corner of the "club support" page. There, you should have the option to upload both local and special/major match results.

If you don't have that authorization, your primary club contact has to clear it with Sedro Woolley to upload results.

In the meantime, you can probably email the upload file to kim@uspsa.org and she can get it to someone there who can upload it. It looks as though people from the Gator Classic, Monster Match and Fall Classic were able to upload OK.

Thanks! Yeah, I am going to have to give them a shout and get everything established/approved AGAIN! :-)

Well I just got my self squadding number tonight. :surprise: Yep, love the new web page. But other than that it was a great match and a huge thank you to Hop and all the staff that helped with the MCC. :cheers:

The weather was even better than last year, the stages where fun and had many options on how to shoot them. It was fun to see old friends and make some new ones. There is nothing quite like getting to shoot with all revo shooters in every squad! Thanks again from myself and Tyler. :cheers::cheers:

I'd like to mention just how good the stages were from the standpoint of options. Most majors there are maybe two stages where you can find more than one legitimate way to shoot them, at this match I can recall four big stages off the top of my head that could be attacked in a bunch of ways, all equally valid depending on your skill set. Nationals could take a lesson or two from the MCC, difficulty can come from more than just cutting off the A box.

H.

Squad 15 was great, as fun a bunch of hard workers as I've ever had the pleasure of shooting with.

Was squadded with GM Rich Wolfe and he easily helped our squad to gain a few extra points each.

Sam and crew put on a good match.

One suggestion for next year, contact Corky's BBQ about sponsorship, if needed let me know as I have the info from 2009 still. Last year they were willing to donate the party room (and possibly other things) if they had official acknowledgement from the Match Staff. Even without it they cut the Reservation Fee in half to $50 and everyone (35+ competitors and family) had a great time.

Everyone likes getting together on that Friday Night, there were at least 20+ of us there, and you guys might pick up some cash/items for the table/donations. It's worth a try.

Congratulations to all of the winners, of course I think we were all winners.

Thanks for your efforts,

Dave Williams

P.S. Dr. Dremel should get moved up to GM, by virtue of Match Performance it might be added, with a Class Win and 96% of the Match Winner with 5 GM's in attendance.

Sam, I had a great time. Darn good stages with many options to shoot and our squad (lucky 13) was jam packed with Team Bubber. We sent out a couple of scouts in other squads to let us know the tricks of the next stage we shot. Thanx to Javier for the heads up on Memphis Bell. I will be there next year and I may Shoot Major. :roflol: I am going to give it an honest attempt this next year to see if I gain much over minor. Maybe if would hit more B's and C's it will make a difference. :sight: Later rdd