Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Charity for Memphis Charity Challenge

We (MCC) are happy to announce that we have finalized a new charity for the Memphis Charity challenge. When we contacted them, we were asked a few of the normal questions. After talking briefly with them we were pretty much on board as was them. In as few minutes after more discussion, we were asked. "What can we do to help you ? Come hang banners, make a presence ect.? Just a whole bunch more excitement and enthusiasm from them.

I'm proud to announce the 2010 Memphis Charity challenge will benefit the :

LeBohneur Children's Hospital :cheers::cheers::cheers:

New match entry found here:

http://mail.e1w.com/webmail/src/download.php?startMessage=1&passed_id=3369&mailbox=INBOX&ent_id=2&passed_ent_id=0

Thanks to all who sent suggestions, and comments. We are happy and pleased with the reception from The LeBohneur Childrens Hospital and thier staff. :cheers:

Now let's get the new applications filled out and sent in to Brad! :D

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little info from the other thread.

Match HOTEL:

Wingate Hotel

2270 N. Germantown Pkwy

Memphis, TN 38016

Ph: 901-386-1110

Room rate 89.99 night for a 2 queen room. Mention "Memphis Charity Challenge" for that rate. Fore every 10 rooms rented, the match gets 1 free for staff. (Saves the match $$$$ for staff housing).

Michelle Dehan says she plans on being there and bringing her camera equipment for the match. her website:

www.photomotionphotography.com/

She does great work.

Hope that helps.

HOP

Couple of things I ran into...

The hospital is Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. Note spelling Bonheur, not Bohneur.

More info on this worthy charity at: http://www.lebonheur.org/portal/site/lebonheur/

For Mike's sake:

Literal translation of the French 'Le Bonheur' is 'the good hour', or 'the good time'. Conventionally, the translation is 'Happiness'.

Now if it were Le Bonheur Chateau Avec Les Jeune Filles De La Nuit...

Also, I tried the link for the new registration form, and it took me to an email sign-in page...

Edited by professor

The hospital is Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. Note spelling Bonheur, not Bohneur.

More info on this worthy charity at: http://www.lebonheur...site/lebonheur/

For Mike's sake:

Literal translation of the French 'Le Bonheur' is 'the good hour', or 'the good time'. Conventionally, the translation is 'Happiness'.

Also, I tried the link for the new registration form, and it took me to an email sign-in page...

HA! True to your screen name.

So glad you guys found a charity not full of hypocrites.

"The happiness house with the young ladies of the evening"?

(Sounds to me like my original translation is spot-on!)

So if I understand this correctly, we have selected a friendly Memphis brothel as the charity benefactor of this year's match.......right?

Isn't that French for "The Boner"?

More info on this worthy charity at: http://www.lebonheur.org/portal/site/lebonheur/

For Mike's sake:

"The happiness house with the young ladies of the evening"?

(Sounds to me like my original translation is spot-on!)

So if I understand this correctly, we have selected a friendly Memphis brothel as the charity benefactor of this year's match.......right?

Count me in for all of the above.

the website is updated.

http://www.memphis-ssa.com/mcc/mcc.htm

There are still references to THIMWORMS [That Hospital In Memphis Worth Only Receiving Much Scorn] in the text of this website page.

Actually, St. Jude's does a great job with the kids. We shouldn't condemn the entire institution simply because the people running it are anti-2nd Amendment PC elitists.

Anyway, I'm happy to see our donations going to an organization that appreciates them. [Although I'm sure 'les jeune filles' show their appreciation for all the donations they get in more interesting ways.] :devil:

Let it be known that at MCC 2009 I whooped every competitor (except Jerry Miculek) on one stage or another and plan to do at least that well this year shooting minor with speed loaders. You may begin quivering now. :sight:

I would quiver/shiver in my boots, but I never learned how. Maybe you can show us all how Bill. :roflol::sight:B)

I know many of you are waiting to send in your entries for one reason or another. That is fine with me.

Enough people have signed up and sent their entries that I can purchase targets, pasters and other essential items.

It doesn't matter if we have the 23 people signed up now or 123 or 1,230 the match is going to happen but it'll have to be a little longer if we get 1,230 shooters !!! :surprise:

For some info the stages have been sent to USPSA to get that blessing. If I remember correctly round count is 246 IF you don't MISS or make up any bad hits. :cheers:

Partial list of Sponsors/prize table donors:

Brian Enos (we're using his forums to talk about it)

Springfield Armory

Tech Wear

Shooters Connection

Ah, darn now I have brain block ! :angry2::angry2::angry2:

I'll post more later. <_<

See some of you in November

Hop

Let it be known that at MCC 2009 I whooped every competitor (except Jerry Miculek) on one stage or another and plan to do at least that well this year shooting minor with speed loaders. You may begin quivering now. :sight:

I would quiver/shiver in my boots, but I never learned how. Maybe you can show us all how Bill. :roflol::sight:B)

Quiver?? i thought we were shooting not bowhunting? HeeHeeHee.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not seeing a lot of people on the self-squadding page on the USPSA site.

Where are all of the shooters from last year. I know that the match is in November, but I still expected to see more signed up by now. :unsure:

Edited by Blueridge

I'm not seeing a lot of people on the self-squadding page on the USPSA site.

Where are all of the shooters from last year. I know that the match is in November, but I still expected to see more signed up by now. :unsure:

Yea, Yea I know I've been run ragged at work this year and have been late at about everything.

Me and a crew of 3-5 are coming from Kansas. Even have the check written, now if I can just find a postage stamp I'll be in.

I haven't forgotten Sam!

Mailed mine this morning. Booked plane, hotel, and car.

Now, where are my damm speedloaders??

Hey!!! You can leave the speedloaders at home. No need to defend your "Speedloader" title from last year. <_<

Edited by Blueridge