Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Charity for Memphis Charity Challenge

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year the whole group got together for supper at that barbecue place. We rented that upstairs room.

Anything like that planned for this year?

I didn't do anything this year.

I was hoping to go to "Beale Street" this year, but I read a post on line that they now have a $20 COVER FEE just to get on the street. And you will pass thru metal detectors and Security Personnell. So that may be out.

Our group is planning on getting to the range around 5pm, then to the Hotel and then out to eat.

So if anyone has any ideas for about 7pm, I'd have a group of 4 to chip in.

Dave

Edited by pskys2

I went to Beale street last year and I won't be going back. I had a small pocket knife on me and they told me I could not take it in. I expressed my opinion, but the guy with the metal detector said I could throw it away or take it back to my car if I wanted to get in. My buddy was already past him and really enjoyed the situation. I think he had already finished his first beer after I got back from the car.

Must depend on what time. We were down on Beale Street on Sunday morning after the match last year and the street was wide open. We did not realize that the Rendezvous was closed on Sunday (there went our lunch plans). So we saw the Peabody ducks, walked Beale Street, took the riverboat tour ride, and ate lunch someplace forgetable.

Last year the whole group got together for supper at that barbecue place. We rented that upstairs room.

Anything like that planned for this year?

That was at Corkeys. I'll probably go there Friday since it was good food.

I wasn't there last year (sorry). Tell me about lunch Saturday. Do I need to bring my own, will there be a vendor at the range or...?

Last year there was a vendor at the range. Pretty good range food, too.

I wasn't there last year (sorry). Tell me about lunch Saturday. Do I need to bring my own, will there be a vendor at the range or...?

Last year there was a vendor at the range. Pretty good range food, too.

+1 on the quality of the food by the vendor last year.

Heading out around noon tomorrow. If there is anyone flying in who is going to be a little short on 45 ammo, I will have about 180 rounds of loose 230 gr. cast 3.7 Clays extra that I will bring. If you need some, contact me at the match hotel and I will be glad to share. if I can get the brass back, great. if not it's no big deal. Leave a msg at the hotel, or call me @ 601-259-6105.

See you guys there.

PAT

In Memphis and looking forward to the match. The trip from coastal NC was long, but much better weather than last year (constant heavy rain).

Brought as much ammo as I could get together, as .45 Colt is not a popular caliber. I am quite sure that I will be the only shooter with that caliber, which makes it easier to recover after finishing shooting a stage. :P

Just threw the ammo in the bag, I hope my Revo is there. Just waiting for the Gober Twins to show up to haul my fat @$$ with them. It is gonna be fun!!! See Ya'll there, I had to practice my accent. later rdd

Just threw the ammo in the bag, I hope my Revo is there. Just waiting for the Gober Twins to show up to haul my fat @$$ with them. It is gonna be fun!!! See Ya'll there, I had to practice my accent. later rdd

Bob & I are on the road again. Bob Driving. ;-) Raining in WV. :-( ETA 6 PM. Dinner plans?

Bob & I are on the road again. Bob Driving. ;-) Raining in WV. :-( ETA 6 PM. Dinner plans?

Stan,

we're thinking Corky's at 7 if you're still awake.

Sue and Steve