Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Load for 9 Pro & 9L

470nitro

Maybe I'm not using the search right but I haven't found a "favorite load" or "pet load" in this forum for the M&P.

Looking for an accurate load in minor so I'm trying to consolidate your favorites in one easy place.

Please include powder, charge, bullet brand/weight, OAL and PF if possible.

If already posted, please direct me.

Thanks!

Edited by 470nitro

4.1gr Titegroup under 124/125 gr JHP at 1.130

3.8gr Solo 1K under 147gr BBI at 1.125

4.1gr Titegroup under 115gr JHP at 1.130 (Bianchi load, makes 120pf and borderline 125, but may not be suitable for uspsa/idpa)

These work really well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use 4 gr of 231 behind a 124 gr Montana Gold loaded to an OAL on 1.14 – haven’t chrono’d it but I has no problem knocking down steels at our local matches so I’m guessing its about right.

You should be able to knock down steel with that load -

I use 3.8 gr W231 behind a 115 gr MG loaded to 1.13",

and it chrono'd at Area 7 at 132.

Your load must be pf 140 or 145?

Up until yesterday, the best loads I'd found for my Pro was 4 grains of Titegroup behind a Zero 125 grain, .356, jhp, or, a Hornady XTP at 1.12, with the Hornady being slightly more accurate.

I put together a few Zeros with 3.9 grains of VVN320, and shot them side by side with my Titegroup loads. The 320 loads have less smoke and recoil, and even though I didn't chrono them yet, I believe them to be slightly faster than my Titegroup load by running some through my "open" gun and noting the way they ejected.

I'll be loading up some more with the 320 and doing some more testing.

Up until yesterday, the best loads I'd found for my Pro was 4 grains of Titegroup behind a Zero 125 grain, .356, jhp, or, a Hornady XTP at 1.12, with the Hornady being slightly more accurate.

I put together a few Zeros with 3.9 grains of VVN320, and shot them side by side with my Titegroup loads. The 320 loads have less smoke and recoil, and even though I didn't chrono them yet, I believe them to be slightly faster than my Titegroup load by running some through my "open" gun and noting the way they ejected.

I'll be loading up some more with the 320 and doing some more testing.

I chronoed the 3.9 grain 320 load yesterday, and they are a little light. With the 125 grain bullet, they averaged 997fps. I'm going to bump up to 4.1, and re-chrono.

3.7gr of N320

Montana Gold 147gr CMJ

1.125" OAL

Fed or Win SP primer

PF between 135 and 138 depending on the conditions, tides, phase of the moon and the color of my mood ring when I'm shooting (okay, I made up everything after the conditions).

The best numbers I've seen was on this string of 20 shots; 924.6fps Avg, 17.4fps ES, 4.89fps SD, 135.9PF. Once fired Starline brass was used and I don't think much more consistent numbers are reasonably possible without extreme measures! I've gotten SD's in the 6-8 range consistently, and 12 was the worst I've seen (still pretty good, but with multi-fired brass). R,

• 7 months later...