Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

View New Content

Steve J

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BUG is back. I have loged in and out,cleared cookies and everything else.

I am unable to get new content! Keeps showing that there is no new content.IF I

stay on line-as new stuff is added it showes up. Once I go to another web page,

or just leave for a few minutes and come back to this page any new stuff has cleared.

My settings are to read all new content.

PS: even this post won't show up under new content!

Edited by Rolex

Is it possible that the problem has to do with accessing the forum from two different computers? Something's being set by one that's not recognized by the other?

How do you figure? I'm accessing it from only one. It's a problem with the upgrade.

First log in of the day (I never actually logged out last night, so there should have been a boat load of new content), 9:46 am EST. My settings are as follows: "Show me all content I have not read". I cleared cookies, logged back in , still no new content. IE8 windows 7

Edit to add: In "Show all post I have not read", I should be seeing hundreds of posts (there is no way I've read the entire board!), but all I'm seeing is 47 posts since 07-August-10 (2 days and only 47 posts I have not read?). If I remember correctly, last night, the last time I looked at the board, there were over 100 post "I had not read".

Edited by GrumpyOne

First log in of the day (I never actually logged out last night, so there should have been a boat load of new content), 9:46 am EST. My settings are as follows: "Show me all content I have not read". I cleared cookies, logged back in , still no new content. IE8 windows 7

It's hit or miss, defies all logic on the user end. I didn't get any, then I just hit refresh a few times and it was there. Went out came back no new content couple refreshes and I had the same new content. :surprise:

+1 GrumpyOne-- I never log in/out, as I am the only one

that uses MY computer! I have also tryed other settings,

still the same. Then all of a sudden I can view the post-

until I leave the forum,come back and again no new post.

I'am sure BE has gotten the "bug" I mean word on this

issue! :sick:

Brian,

How easy is to to disable the Sphinx search engine and revert back to the IPB standard ? The reason that I ask is that if the VNC and other Forum searches work with the original search engine then we can then positively identify that Sphinx is the source of the problems.

I suspect it is, I think the index we have on the board needs a complete rebuild in order for sphinx to function correctly.

We can then let the developers come up with a fix while we continue to use this board, and then implement the fix once they know it will work. I think this will save a lot of headaches for you.

view new content issues here as well. I log in at work this morning after beeing gone for 2 weeks. shows no new content, fine, dont care, cookies probably got cleared. got busy, came back an hour later and there were quite a few new posts. looked at a couple and thought everything was fine. clicked view new content again, and now it shows nothing available?

edit: seems to be working fine now

edit 2nd time: no worky :(

Edited by Corey

Brian,

How easy is to to disable the Sphinx search engine and revert back to the IPB standard ? The reason that I ask is that if the VNC and other Forum searches work with the original search engine then we can then positively identify that Sphinx is the source of the problems.

I suspect it is, I think the index we have on the board needs a complete rebuild in order for sphinx to function correctly.

We can then let the developers come up with a fix while we continue to use this board, and then implement the fix once they know it will work. I think this will save a lot of headaches for you.

It is a show stopper for many of us.

Okay, were "starting over." Today I made a change, as per IP's advice, that should have fixed it.

So again

From this post on, only posts that include answers to:

1. If you post that it's not working, please include include in your post that your settings are set to "show me all content that I have not read."
  2. Include that after you set the setting to "show me all new content that I have not read," that you clicked the "Delete my cookies" link at the very bottom of the forums home page.
  3. Please don't just say "it isn't working," provide as many details as you can.

... will be cosidered.

Note: New content is updated every 15 minutes. So if you post somewhere, it may not appear in VNC until 15 minutes later.

Thanks,

be

Brian

Seems to be working better for me, I notice a delay when returning the the VNC results (not hitting VNC again, just the Back button).

Using Safari 5.0.1

I'm not quite following you Paul?

be