Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st one out! Timber Wolf Frame

P.E. Kelley

Hey kids,

Figured my friends here on Enos should be the first to see the very latest in cool Glock stuff.

Introducing the Lone Wolf Distributors Timber Wolf frame!!!

This is the second one out of "captivity" and is a working advanced prototype that I will be Beta testing.

You are welcome to ask questions and I will try to answer them here but today I am running on 49 minutes of sleep over the

last 26 hours :( so don't expect a snappy reply until tomorrow am.

I will say it feels very XDM like with the arched backstrap in place in other words damn good!

It (at my urging) has a beveled magwell with a exterior lip that will hold a snap on mag funnel to be created

at a later date.

Most of the other attributes can be gleaned via the attached photos.

As per usual check out the gallery of photos at www.multigunmedia.com

p790865667-3.jpgp765564891-3.jpg

p735880311-3.jpgp721587363-3.jpg

p1013698698-3.jpgp1068526938-3.jpg

For the record I am not an employee of nor am I supported by Lone Wolf Distributors.

I am however a good friend of the owner and have known him for better than 20 years.

He was kind enough to ask me for my input on the project and I am pleased with the results.

Several hundred rounds of testing is in the offing.

Best to all

Patrick

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Makes me wish I owned a Glock. :P

If you use the Lone Wolf frame, slide, and barrel is it still a Glock?????

Would it be legal to shoot in USPSA?

For open sure. For Limited, L10 500 complete, substantially identical guns would have to be built and available for that particular configuration to be legal....

For production they'd need to hit 2,000 guns and get placed on the list....

Awesome. I've been watching and reading about these on their site for a while now. Nice to actually see one done. I love to tinker so looks like building my own "Glock" out of totally new parts could be fun. How is the finish on it? I've seen other "Glock" replacement frames that had horrible finishing with lots of burrs and flash that had to be ground or cut off?

Makes me wish I owned a Glock. :P

If you use the Lone Wolf frame, slide, and barrel is it still a Glock?????

Would it be legal to shoot in USPSA?

Isn't this basically asking the same question as is a 2011 a 1911?

Edited by DocMedic

And take the finger grooves off too!

JMHOFWIW

Richard

I agree with this too -- but even better would be two versions of the front strap that could be swapped out, with and without finger grooves.

What will be the price Pat? I have been waiting for these for awhile. A self proclaimed "Glocksmith" I like the ability to finally have another source of a lower receiver besides glock since they won't sell you one. If this pans out to be problem free, unlike the CCF, this will be great. For replacement, tricking out, etc. Do your own stipple job, grind off the finger grooves, etc, etc. Any estimate on shipping dates? Can you buy it stripped out and put your own guts in it like an AR lower or will they only be complete lowers?

Edited by jbullgpd

• 5 weeks later...

I am so wanting one of these to use for a custom glock build i would love to here how it holds up and really/ feels when shooting it. let us know man i posted something bout the timberwolf frame not long ago asking bout them. lone wolf says 8/25/10 for instock delivery for $199.99

• 5 months later...

Has this hit 2000 to qualify for production yet?

The grip angle and extended "beavertail" is a huge bonus to me. But I didnt think it could get an uglier, I may be wrong that texturing looks like a$$... IMHO :-)