Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Times for Master

IdahoShooter

Ok, I see all sorts of times for classifiers in the other sport. But the Master level in IDPA can be a huge time variation. I'm sure we've all heard of Sevigny's sub 60 classifier, and seen Ben Stoger's youtube of his sub 60 run of the classifier. But where are you at? Or is it a question that anyone wants to know?

My last run was 91.36 (CDP) (eek, just barely)

My next goal is to shoot it in 80 or less, and then whack another 10 off and see how long it takes to get there.

Edited by IdahoShooter

Classified as SSP Master on Sunday with a 94.58, I could have shaved 3 seconds off that time, forgot to reload and reengage on the string that has you shoot targets one round each reload one round each. Only the second time I've shot the classifier. If you set the stages and practiced 80 seconds doesn't seem to impossible. I'm only a B class uspsa shooter, I imagine a GM who practiced it like they do the Steel Challenge could tear it up. I remember a post that someone said they shot like 500 rounds on the classifier in practice a week for one month and cut 13 to 14 seconds off of his time.

I could have shaved 3 seconds off that time, forgot to reload and reengage on the string that has you shoot targets one round each reload one round each.

Wouldn't that be 10.5 seconds? A 3 second procedural, and 7.5 seconds (15 points) in dropped points for the three shots not fired.

My last run was 91.36 (CDP) (eek, just barely)

My next goal is to shoot it in 80 or less, and then whack another 10 off and see how long it takes to get there.

Nice shooting Brian! Looks like you've been putting in some hard work with good results. The rest of us are going to have to practice more to keep up with you!

-Evans

I looked it up in my notes.... haven't shot the classifier in about 3 years, since just before the '07 idpa Nats.

but last time was 87.0x. Made ESP MA w/ my SSP rig.

Had two minor jams on the slide-lock reloads (didn't go completely to battery, so had to hit the back of the slide).

Was down 26 points. realized shortly after my FS had drifted in the dovetail.

Been thinking about going to a classifier this summer or fall to see if I could now get near 70.

-rvb

Does anyone have a list of what the classifier entails?

There are no sanctioned clubs locally but Id be interested to know the details.

idpa.com has the rulebook. classifier description starts on pg 66.

-rvb

My best is 84 seconds, but I was practicing it alot. For me its all about stage 3. If i can shoot each string of stage 3 in 13 (+-) seconds with less than 10 points down total on stage 3 im good. My goal now is to break 80 seconds..

Shot a .45 for the first time in a few months in the classifier and shot it in 90.09 to make MA. That was with 2 misses.

That is the best run so far but I pretty sure I would be much faster with my ESP rig. Here is a 97 second run with a XDm from feb.

• 4 weeks later...

Shot 88.25 with 26 points down last weekend.

Stage 1 24.94 (3 down)

Stage 2 22.88 (7 down)

Stage 3 40.43 (16 down)

Almost lost it on stage 3 but just made ESP time.

Edited by Filishooter

Mr. Byerly was being modest - what he did not say was he shot it all SHO.

My best revolver time was a 77.50 in SSR without concealment 82.09 with concealment, both with a Model 67.

My best semi-auto time is 77.34 without concelament (ESP - M&P Pro) and 81.34 with concealment (SSP - PC 5906).

My best CDP time is 83.76 using a 945.

Craig

Edited by Bones

My best run was a couple months ago. 89.56s with my ESP G34 which is basically my SSP gun with a metal GR. It was a tear jerker for me as I just missed ESP MA. My runs have been in the lower 90s this year. Those extra few secs are tough.

I'm a B level USPSA shooter.

Craig, let's not get carried away here. While I'll admit to being an above average SH shooter, that score may be outside of my current capabilities. I shoot several classifiers a year typically right before a major IDPA match. It's a good test of 90% of what I expect to see in a match.

For you Craig, I will shoot it SHO and post my results here.