Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Nationals

Supershooter

Nice photos. It's too bad you didn't make it Thursday BritinUSA. It was inspring to watch the current leader and our squadmates. I wish I had brought the video camera, but it looked like rain.

I could not take another day of vacation, hopefully someone else got some photos of Nils.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall any, but everyone on the squad was working & not looking for cameras. I thought someone with a video camera may have interviewed him briefly. (Other than the squad photo which may be on his camera.)

I really enjoyed the match. It was hard not to with such a great squad.

I don't recall any, but everyone on the squad was working & not looking for cameras. I thought someone with a video camera may have interviewed him briefly. (Other than the squad photo which may be on his camera.)

I really enjoyed the match. It was hard not to with such a great squad.

The local CBS channel there had stuff on the match that included a brief interview with him this morning, saw it before I left the hotel

Its raining today, temperatures are currently about 30F lower than yesterday. The rain is pretty constant so I suspect that the targets will all be bagged up for shooting. There's a brisk breeze blowing as well. It's going to be a tough challenge for the Super Squad to overcome the scores that were recorded over the past two days. I'll try to post some updates at lunch time.

I'll be following the Super Squad for much of the morning.

The rain has stopped for the moment, a few stages had to run with the bagged targets. The wind is picking up a little and the temps seem to be dropping as well. If the rain holds off then we should be okay. The shooting areas all have a layer of gravel so traction is good for the shooters.

How were the stages? Options, run and gun, accuracy, good, bad, ugly?

Very few options, very little run and gun, mostly post and shoot. Needed good accuracy and good timing. Shoot house was fun.

It is official. Dave Sevigny is the SS National champion. Robbie came in #2 followed by Nils and then Todd Jarrett came in at #4. Sara Dunivin (sp?) is the new ladies champion.

Edited by Zerwas

It is official. Dave Sevigny is the SS National champion. Robbie came in #2 followed by Phil Strader and Shannon Smith came in at #4. Sara Dunivin (sp?) is the new ladies champion.

They all outran Nils shooting in the rain?

Just got home from the Single Stack Classic. Had a great time, weather was great, stages were a lot of fun.

Yeah, kinda like hemorrhoids are fun. :roflol:

I'm only sorta kidding....I really like the Single Stack Nats, and will keep on shooting the match, but it's sure not because the match has interesting, inventive, or truly fun stages. They're either stand 'n' shoot or have very controlled and relatively minimal movement. It's certainly a good test of fundamental shooting and gun-handling skills, but there are very few strategic options, and very little opportunity for true freestyle shooting of the style that I personally call fun.

What does Sevigny shoot when its not a glock?

He said he was shooting a Springfield from their custom shop.

That would be a smart move.

We shot on the squad behind Dave's squad today. I watched him shoot several stages and everything I saw him do was spectacular.

For Dave and Rob to knock down the top two spots under such miserable conditions......with bags on the targets half the time, water on their glasses and dripping down their necks, and freezing cold hands......well, that's pretty amazing if you ask me! I really thought one of the nice weather guys was going to win it this year.

Just got home from the Single Stack Classic. Had a great time, weather was great, stages were a lot of fun.

Yeah, kinda like hemorrhoids are fun. :roflol:

I'm only sorta kidding....I really like the Single Stack Nats, and will keep on shooting the match, but it's sure not because the match has interesting, inventive, or truly fun stages. They're either stand 'n' shoot or have very controlled and relatively minimal movement. It's certainly a good test of fundamental shooting and gun-handling skills, but there are very few strategic options, and very little opportunity for true freestyle shooting of the style that I personally call fun.

I agree. This was my first time shooting this match, and while I had fun, for the most part the stages left me wanting more. There were a few good ones, I liked the all steel stage, the standards stage with turning targets was ok, but the first two strings the par time should have been more like 4 seconds. Stage 10 with the chair start was a good stage and more stages like this would have been nice to see. Really how many version of "El Presidente" do we need?

For what is called a "Nationals" I agree with Mike that Freestyle should be king, and this was more or less lacking.

I would like to thank the RO's and range staff that put in the time and effort to put the match on. It was a long couple of days and to thanks the match staff for moving and adding days to accomodate more shooters.

Congrats to all the Class Winners!!