Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my gun room

rvb

Thought I'd share the fruits of my labor for the last few months...

My wife agreed I could have a corner of the basement for a gun room. The space measures about 9x10, plus a 5x10 closet.

The rest of the basement is currently just framed in, I have lots of work to go.

I am SO sick of staining wood!!! :angry: I hand stained the siding (walls), the louvered closet doors, the ammo cabinet, and trim.

It's nice building with a purpose in mind... the walls have 5/8" fireboard under the T-111. The walls inside the closet have a double layer of fireboard (except those against the foundation). The door to the room is a steel exterior door.

This photo shows my main workspace. No, it won't always be that clean!

The florescent lights are on a separate switch from the cans so I can have extra bench light when needed.

post-6093-127424096621_thumb.jpg

The workbench was something I already had built. Someday I may replace it with cabinets, but budget/time dictated re-use. But it works, and is very solid.

post-6093-127424108728_thumb.jpg

Here's just where I keep some gun books and the small handful of trophies and mementos. [Can you spot Yosemite Sam?]

post-6093-12742412372_thumb.jpg

So what's in that closet?

post-6093-127424134681_thumb.jpg

post-6093-127424147121_thumb.jpg

my ammo cabinet.

while I won't say it completely meets the guidelines of the NFPA, it's close.

Most importantly, it keeps things organized...

there's almost 25 cubic feet of storage for ammo/primers/powder.

post-6093-127424179921_thumb.jpg

I have a lot of work to do to get things organized how I want, but it's already 1000x better than it was before. I can actually find stuff now! :)

post-6093-127424207297_thumb.jpg

Shelving setup for reloading stuff:

post-6093-127424204059_thumb.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

-rvb

Does make me miss the basement!

Going through the pictures made me think of the Homes For Sale shows on TV. Could you imagine an option on Realtor.com to search only houses with Gun/Reloading rooms...

Going through the pictures made me think of the Homes For Sale shows on TV. Could you imagine an option on Realtor.com to search only houses with Gun/Reloading rooms...

How many members on brianenos, Cause that is how many would love a realtor option with a box next to a gun/reloading room!

Very nicely done!

I like all the subtle ques !! ;)

My room is a disaster area, nothing like that, but I have all the same things on the wall and my TV is set to the same channel, imagine that ?? :huh:

Love your set up !!

Thanks for all the comments, folks.

I promise it won't always be that clean. That's why I decided to get the pictures taken now. Maybe I'll print a couple up and leave in the room so later I can remember what it's supposed to look like.

:roflol:

-rvb

I like all the subtle ques !! ;)

My room is a disaster area, nothing like that, but I have all the same things on the wall and my TV is set to the same channel, imagine that ?? :huh:

Love your set up !!

Thanks,

A very good buddy of mine got me the "Don't Tread on Me" flag as a house warming gift.

I got the full-size Declaration and Bill of Rights replicas from the National Archives in DC (as well as the small version of the constitution by the closet). My dad made those frames for them as a b-day gift a couple years ago.

It's hard not to feel generally inspired reading the Declaration...

-rvb

How many members on brianenos, Cause that is how many would love a realtor option with a box next to a gun/reloading room!

Very nicely done!

While it's not the same as having an check-box option, I did see a couple houses for sale here in IN back when we moved out that listed a shooting range on the realtor sheet. [unfortunately, my wife (a country girl) opted to go for the 'burbs].

-rvb

Nice set-up. I must be nice to have things in one place.

I's scattered all over the house. A safe in my den closet with some of my gear, a safe on one side of the garage, rifle cases hanging between the 1 and 2 car doors and all the reloading gear and ammo on the opposite wall and gun parts under the workbench at the rear of the garage. I never know where to look for what I need :wacko:

That loading area is WAY to clean and organized!!!!!!!!! :surprise:

It proves that something is very VERY wrong!!!! :sight::sight:

What is that,,, hmmmmmmmm

Hey if you have some time,, can you come to my house and hang out in my loading room?

Very nice!!