Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally, The Ultimate 1911!

rhino

The old joke about carrying a .45 because they don't make a .50 isn't going to work much longer ...

http://www.classichandguns.com/50GIpage.html

Beginning in 2004 I will be working with talented Engineer

and Pistolsmith Alex Zimmermann, we have worked together

in the past and we have decided to join forces and introduce

a new line of 1911 style pistols and products under the name

of Guncrafter Industries here in Arkansas. We are now ready

to introduce a new 1911 style pistol chambered in a new

proprietary round, the 50GI. The Model 1 has been designed

to be a Tactically sound defensive pistol with great

controllability and power.

Guncrafter Industries: 50GI 1911 Model 1

50GIpistol.jpg

50ammo.jpg

50GI 45acp

Model 1 Specs:

Proprietary Barstock Frame and Slide

Original 1911 Size

Match Grade Heavy Barrel

Heavy Duty Stainless 7rd. Magazine

Heinie Slant Pro Tritium Sights

20lpi Carry Checkering on Frontsrap

20lpi Checkered MSH w/ Integral Lanyard Loop

Tactical Single Side Thumb Safety

Lightweight Trigger, tuned to 4#

Beveled Mag Well

Olive Drab Aluma-Grips

Parkerized Finish

Cordura Carrying Case

HMMMMM Let's see 350 gn bullet at 500fps = 175 pf , man you better not wait to see your shot hit the paper ........... might take awhile.

:D

You know now there is a new man's gun out there. 500fps about as fast as an air pistol round :D you will actually see the bullet flying

Looks like cut-down .50 AE brass to me, which is a big mistake IMO.

Ok, so maybe you need it like that so the breechface of the 1911 doesn't require the extractor be duct-taped to the side of the slide, BUT..

anybody ever try reloading the .41 AE with it's rebated rim? The cases stack neatly in a reloader casefeeding tube... one rim inside the mouth of the next one, for a nice perfectly un-separatable stack of brass.. It's like a 40 in a .45 case or 38 in a 40 case for the whole tube-- Check out the photo-- there's a couple of cases 'spooning' right by the frontstrap.

"The good news is that EVERY pistol will be able to shoot a .5 inch group. Just fire one round..." (tightloop)
LOL...!!!!!! That means I'll be asking the range if I can shoot this in league. Anything to get slightly better scores!! :lol::lol:

I'm a little pissed at Flex for dis'sing the Harvester Combine demo-derby. To me, that sounds like Good Family Entertainment! Not as cool as, says, racing semi tankers filled with liquid nitrogen, but, hey, you takes what you gets!

I'm certainly excited about a .50 cal 1911. As J.D. "BIG BOOM" Jones told me after he sent me a 10-inch Contender in .45/70, "It'll stop a charging garbage truck in its tracks!" Well, that's a big problem in *my* neighborhood, and it's good to know I'll have a handweapon that does the job and doesn't require me to get any new holsters.

Plus, later this year, I'm planning to go to Montana for velociraptors, and state law mandates *at least* a .50 caliber bullet, liability insurance and an armored car.

In my impetuous youth (which is continuing as we speak) I tried a *double tap* with one of those .45 Win Mag steroidal 1911s, which resulted in a neat .45 hole in the ceiling of the indoor range, so I know I can handle the recoil.

I'm thinking it has been a long time siince we had any matches involving a stage shot from a Harvester Combine.

I wonder if there's any more cold medicine in the house? Funky cold medina...

Michael B, presently dying of Terminal Head Cold.