Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

I moved from 13 to 3 on the waiting list. Sounds like they are dropping like flies......

I think a lot of folks arent remembering the 31st deadline on post marks.

Not yet. All the movement on the waiting list so far is for shooters who actually dropped out, or moved to sponsor slots, or moved (by request) to shooting Thursday with staff.

Because some of the envelopes come from the West Coast & some come from Canada, I will not start taking names off the list for missing the deadline until later this week. I have learned that it takes a bit longer for the mail to get to me from some parts of the US & certainly from Canada. So expect another major shift in the list before the weekend.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learned that it takes a bit longer for the mail to get to me from some parts of the US & certainly from Canada.

Which is why we always get our cheque in the mail ASAP...eh

bobanddoug1.jpg

You Canada guys could likely make back at least your gas money if you showed up at the match with some of those good boggins for sale.

Now that wouldn't be fair... Us left to win the match while all y'all are still back at the hotel too drunk to get to the range... :D

Yep. Someone on the list will get my slot. Tried to fit in all the matches and the vacation schedule just didn't pan out. To whoever gets my slot, shoot irons and kick butt! :)

m

got the notice i am in now! thanks for the slot. i will try not to let you down to much.

Edited by RWF

I'd still shoot it, but I'm glad the match isn't this weekend. Forecast for Benning is high of 97 on Saturday.

Those 35 degree mornings from this past year's match are sounding even better!

The problem with the match taking place in December is that it erases my home field advantage. The heat index today was 105 which is what the 100 year high in Kentucky?

YIKES!! I'll be thinking of everyone suffering the southern heat wave during my flight to San Diego tomorrow. It looks like I picked a good week to get away.

Miserable here in Lower Alabama about 1 hour from Benning. Heat index today and Sunday 115. Steel Challenge Sunday. Doubt we will have many shooters.

RMD

I wouldn't count on a low turnout. We had out local USPSA match today in Columbia, (temp 98 & heat index in the mid 100's) and we had 44 fools (oops - I mean shooters :ph34r:) show up for the match. It is 9 PM & it is dark & still 89 degrees with a heat index of 93 -- it feels like steam coming up from the ground.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Sitting here at #4 on the WL. I am assuming that I will make it in so I am budgeting my vacation time and fuel money.

As for temps, I am not too particular. Shot in the rain and the snow, in the heat and the cold. Some of our matches have started out below zero and others have ended up over 100. I have shot Barry in the Summer and Old Bridge in the Winter. I remember a match that was called for the day when the rain got so heavy we honestly could not see the steel at 100 yards.

What I don't want to do is to have to shoot a stage by flashlight that everyone else got to shoot in daylight.

Hi everyone,

The website is currently down. It should be up in about three days. The internet is to slow to update properly, so it is full of broken links and mixed up images. As soon as I get somewhere I can fix it I will. It will have rules, directions, maps, waivers, and weapons declaration forms as well as some updated information, so hold off on emailing Linda for those things.

Thanks,

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

TSA is no problemo at Air Itasca. Captain Jim does his own Security Check. Stow the baggage yerself and climb aboard WOOF. We head south at the speed of...well we head south, takes a day or so to get to Benning from here. All seats are or have rights to a sleeper berth. food and beverages available, but no stewardesses onboard. (Mrs. allows a lot of things, but draws the line at others).

Cruising altitude is whatever the dirt is at, on this 'flightpath' it varies from sea level to around 3,000 feet.

And I have the time blocked out so as long as I get about a week's notice or so, I am good to go. Now mind you I'd prefer about 5 month's notice.

Jim

Jim,

I would like to reserve a seat. Make mine first class please.

OK, got a very nice and much anticipated E-Mail from Linda over the weekend. It saddens me that someone else has had troubles so they will not be going to FB, but as has been said before, "It is an ill wind that blows no man good".

So I am now off the Wait List and just plain waiting.

Slav, you will need to contact your travel department and make sure all your vaccinations are in order. Tickets are non-refundable and the jump seat is off limits for all while the bus is in motion.

Seriously, we will need to do some logistical planning for 4 in for a week or this will not work.

Jim