Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW 92X Performance

Stony Lane

9 hours ago, Twinkie said:

The factory sight is a .060, and it is too freaking big. I replaced it with a Dawson but had a hell of a time finding the right one. Sent a few back to Dawson because they didn't fit. You need a 92A1 one and it needs to be tall in order to zero with the adjustable sight. I went with a .190 tall and .125 wide. I would have preferred wider but Dawson wouldn't do any custom work because "Covid." The Dawson is a much nicer sight picture than factory. No giant blob of death.

I used the Dawson Brig. .150T, .110W.  (I think the 92XP factory is .170T, .120W)  I have the rear sight almost all the way down.  I wanted a narrower front sight because the rear slot is so tiny.  Dawson makes a .170T and .110W also ...  

https://dawsonprecision.com/beretta-brigadier-fiber-optic-front-sights/

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Stony Lane said:

I used the Dawson Brig. .150T, .110W.  (I think the 92XP factory is .170T, .120W)  I have the rear sight almost all the way down.  I wanted a narrower front sight because the rear slot is so tiny.  Dawson makes a .170T and .110W also ...  

https://dawsonprecision.com/beretta-brigadier-fiber-optic-front-sights/

I just zeroed the gun today, and the rear is almost all the way down. I'd advise anyone to buy the tallest aftermarket sight they can. You can always crank the rear up but you can't go down below the stop.

7 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I just zeroed the gun today, and the rear is almost all the way down. I'd advise anyone to buy the tallest aftermarket sight they can. You can always crank the rear up but you can't go down below the stop.

Correct.  I shoot off the top of the front sight, I don't "drive the dot."  The dot just helps me locate the sight faster.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 4:35 PM, rpm8300 said:

-Out of the box the reset doesnt need any tweaking - just adjust the hammer spring to get the double action pull manageable

Hi Everyone, I just received my 92X Performance and  I'm brand new to this forum. Two questions...

How would I "adjust the hammer spring" to achieve a better D/A trigger pull?

I must have short fingers because I really have to reach for the trigger in D/A. Will a Wilson SRT help much?

Does the 92XP ship with a 13lb hammer spring? 

Beretta makes a "competition" hammer spring.  I believe it is rated at 12.5lbs.  I'm pretty sure that is what the 92xp comes with.  I put a 12lb Wilson Combat spring in mine and it made very little difference.  DA does feel slightly better, not much difference in SA.   I think Langdon sells an 11lb spring, but I'm not sure how reliable it would be.  

On 3/6/2021 at 7:53 PM, Flaman said:

Hi Everyone, I just received my 92X Performance and  I'm brand new to this forum. Two questions...

I must have short fingers because I really have to reach for the trigger in D/A. Will a Wilson SRT help much?

I'm not sure what it is, but the hammer spring in xtreme-s trigger group is stiffer than a wilson 12lbs. I assume the hammer spring from that trigger group is the same as what comes with the 92x performance.

Maybe try a regular beretta trigger instead of the short reach. I feel the short reach is too short in single action -- my index finger ends up hitting the frame before the sear can release the hammer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 8:53 PM, Flaman said:

As others have said, you can get aftermarket springs or if you are running Fed primers, you can experiment with taking the stock springs and cutting coils.  I wouldn't fool around with it too much - the stock setup is pretty decent.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, rpm8300 said:

As others have said, you can get aftermarket springs or if you are running Fed primers, you can experiment with taking the stock springs and cutting coils.  I wouldn't fool around with it too much - the stock setup is pretty decent.

Thanks!  I have about 600 rounds through it and the trigger just keeps getting better for me.  I think I'll just leave the trigger alone. I will be changing out the front sight to a thinner Dawson

2 minutes ago, JakeMartens said:

Holsters..

Since many places don't list the 92x Performance, what other variant should I be looking for?

For example

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Blade-Tech-Wilson-92G-Brigadier-Tactical-Right-Hand-OWB-Holster-15-Belt-Black-Molded-Kydex/productinfo/NW420/

I swapped a standard takedown lever in mine and a Blade Tech holster for a Brigadier works perfectly.

And Red Hill Tactucal makes a holster for the XP, so there's that too.

1 hour ago, robertg5322 said:

I swapped a standard takedown lever in mine and a Blade Tech holster for a Brigadier works perfectly.

And Red Hill Tactucal makes a holster for the XP, so there's that too.

Take down lever, got it

All the normal kydex guys are several weeks to over a month out, wanted something sooner

2 hours ago, JakeMartens said:

Take down lever, got it

All the normal kydex guys are several weeks to over a month out, wanted something sooner

At this point the only uncertainty I have is whether the grinding/filing of safeties is allowed. I could find nothing in Appendix D4 that specifically allows it, but also nothing specifically saying it's verboten.

Production Gun list says you can remove one to make it fit in the box, but if you remove the left side lever (the right side lever has the post that goes through the frame that the hammer rides on, so it has to stay), the safety detent is no longer in existence. 

1 minute ago, robertg5322 said:

At this point the only uncertainty I have is whether the grinding/filing of safeties is allowed. I could find nothing in Appendix D4 that specifically allows it, but also nothing specifically saying it's verboten.

Production Gun list says you can remove one to make it fit in the box, but if you remove the left side lever (the right side lever has the post that goes through the frame that the hammer rides on, so it has to stay), the safety detent is no longer in existence. 

you can grind it off, have to in order to fit the box or replace with different style

12 minutes ago, JakeMartens said:

you can grind it off, have to in order to fit the box or replace with different style

I have the smallest ones Beretta sells, they're still way too wide. Beretta needs to step up and make a flat thumb safety set, and a decent hump-back grip (not a fan of the Vertec grip frame).

I've been told that grinding them is legal (not by official sources though), what gives me pause is Appendix D4, 21.6 & 22. There's nothing that specifically allows altering/filing/grinding of thumb safety levers, and how the presence of ground/filed/altered levers will be treated at anything other than a club level match is a concern when I have no documentation of the legality of the modification, per Special Note 5 at the bottom of Appendix D4 (Emphasis by capitalization from Appendix D4: 

5. UNLESS a modification is SPECIFICALLY authorized in the rules or SPECIFICALLY
authorized in an official, published NROI interpretation, it is considered a PROHIBITED
MODIFICATION.

Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors, magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties, triggers, hammers, bushings, and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.
Exchange of OFM parts between different models of Production approved guns is allowed.

Specifically prohibited modifications and features Please note that the absence of an item in the list of prohibited modifications MAY NOT be construed to mean a modification is allowed.
A modification is only allowed in Production Division if there is a rules clause or interpretation that specifically declares that it is allowed in the Division.
Removing or disabling firing-pin blocks or any other factory safety mechanism in
Production division is specifically prohibited.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Twinkie said:

To lighten the trigger pull. Honestly it wasn't needed but I do like it a bit better especially in DA.

I wondered, my X'perf may have issues but the trigger isn't one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jeff O said:

I'm waiting on my 92XP to come back from LTT with their trigger job. It was pretty damn good stock so I can't wait to see what they do with it.

You won't be disappointed. I had mine done and did a post video of the results.

On 4/11/2021 at 12:37 AM, WildPete said:

You won't be disappointed. I had mine done and did a post video of the results.

Saw your video and couldn't believe it. Got my gun back from LTT yesterday and I'm astounded! When I felt the trigger I thought  "No way it will light primers." Well I went to the range, and not only will it light primers, it lights the CCI Small Rifle Primers! I have 7 different guns I consider top flight for Production Division. This one is superior to them all. DA and SA are almost unbelievable.

Edited by Jeff O

5 hours ago, Jeff O said:

Saw your video and couldn't believe it. Got my gun back from LTT yesterday and I'm astounded! When I felt the trigger I thought  "No way it will light primers." Well I went to the range, and not only will it light primers, it lights the CCI Small Rifle Primers! I have 7 different guns I consider top flight for Production Division. This one is superior to them all. DA and SA are almost unbelievable.

That's good to hear. I was pleasantly surprised for sure. I want to get it into production but I need to address the safeties. I really don't want to take a grinder to the gun. I wonder if LTT will come out with a slim safety to meet USPSA regs.

21 minutes ago, WildPete said:

That's good to hear. I was pleasantly surprised for sure. I want to get it into production but I need to address the safeties. I really don't want to take a grinder to the gun. I wonder if LTT will come out with a slim safety to meet USPSA regs.

Beretta makes a smaller set of safeties, they're still too big, but I bought a set just to grind to fit the Production box.