Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW 92X Performance

Stony Lane

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

I really don't care if my safeties fit the box, all I shoot is Level 1 matches anymore, but that pesky Jake Martens is frequently on my squad. 😉

Yeah, it'd be nicer if those replacement safeties that you're going to just grind down didn't cost $150.00, or if Beretta offered a set with flat levers like CZ does. 

On 2/25/2021 at 9:39 AM, Stony Lane said:

I used the Dawson Brig. .150T, .110W.  (I think the 92XP factory is .170T, .120W)  I have the rear sight almost all the way down.  I wanted a narrower front sight because the rear slot is so tiny.  Dawson makes a .170T and .110W also ...  

https://dawsonprecision.com/beretta-brigadier-fiber-optic-front-sights/

Put on a Dawson .170 x .110. Dead nuts, never touched the adjustable sight.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:55 PM, robertg5322 said:

Yeah, it'd be nicer if those replacement safeties that you're going to just grind down didn't cost $150.00, or if Beretta offered a set with flat levers like CZ does. 

Jake tells me the "new" flat levers fit the box.

On 4/15/2021 at 5:21 PM, Jeff O said:

I have those, they didn't fit in the box. Until I ground them down. It wasn't even close, I had to take a bunch of meat off both sides. 

You can leave the left hand side a bit larger, because the slide stop also protrudes out on that side and going any smaller than that is pointless, though it does also hamper hitting the slide stop with your thumb if you shoot right handed, so maybe not so pointless grinding it flatter, but the right hand side needs to be ground pretty flat. Basically you have the slide stop on the left hand side of the gun as your stop, and you have to grind the right side thumb safety to get thin enough to fit in the box.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I’m new and just found this thread and I’m glad there’s plenty of beretta shooters here. 

I am taking my 92x performance to locap nationals but now I’m nervous. I added a Surefire x300. Will that still fit in the box? I grinded the right side safety flat. Is that sufficient? 

Heres a video of my most recent match using it:

TROPANG TROPHY MATCH

Edited by makereadypt
Added hyperlink edit

21 minutes ago, makereadypt said:

Hi all! I’m new and just found this thread and I’m glad there’s plenty of beretta shooters here. 

I am taking my 92x performance to locap nationals but now I’m nervous. I added a Surefire x300. Will that still fit in the box? I grinded the right side safety flat. Is that sufficient? 

Heres a video of my most recent match using it:

TROPANG TROPHY MATCH

Might want to weigh it, it's pretty close to the weight limit without the light.