Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW 92X Performance

Stony Lane

40 minutes ago, gnappi said:

Well, yes and no. Any 96D slide is inexpensively "modded" to fit the 92X, all it needs is to have the left side of the slide cut for the safety paddle. A 96D Brig slide can have Beretta front and rear adj sights installed also.

beretta_96X-performance_nsn.jpg

Nice!

But the mags can probably only 15 or 16 rounds of .40....right?

Also, I like the more traditional curved backstrap.  The grips on my M9A3 kinda simulates that. 

Would said curved grips also fit the 92X?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The X'perf comes with curved back strap grips. Standard 92/96 grips do not fit due to the safety. No the standard mags for a 96 is 11 rounds (or add a +1 BP) so if you convert it you're stuck there unless you can find Mec Gar 15 round .40 mags. 

The X'perf comes with curved back strap grips. Standard 92/96 grips do not fit due to the frame mounted safety. The standard mags for a 96 is 11 rounds (or add a +1 BP) so if you convert it you're stuck there unless you can find Mec Gar 15 round .40 mags. 

The X'perf comes with curved back strap grips. Standard 92/96 grips do not fit due to the frame mounted safety. The standard mag for a 96 is 11 rounds (or add a +1 BP) so if you convert it you're stuck there unless you can find Mec Gar 15 round .40 mags. 

Bear in mind the gun was planned as a production division (10 rds.) gun and it has nits for many especially me. But as a .40 it knocks down steel setup on a windy day to not fall over, I like that more than I dislike the rail, stippling, sight overhang on the hammer, and grooved trigger. I wish they weren't there but it's usable as it is.

The X also comes with a curved back strap grip (other 92/96 grips do not fit) and the standard 96 .40 mags are 11 rounds, that is unless you can find some Mec Gar 15 round mags.

Bear in mind the X was a purpose built production gun, and I would have preferred Beretta supply with 15 round mags but as it is it is what it is 🙂

It has several nits I don't like much like but again it is what it is.

9 hours ago, Chills1994 said:

Nice!

Also, I like the more traditional curved backstrap.  The grips on my M9A3 kinda simulates that. 

The X also comes with a curved back strap grip (other 92/96 grips do not fit) and the standard 96 .40 mags are 11 rounds, that is unless you can find some Mec Gar 15 round mags.

Bear in mind the X was a purpose built production gun, and I would have preferred Beretta supply with 15 round mags but as it is it is what it is

23 hours ago, gnappi said:

Well, yes and no. Any 96D slide is inexpensively "modded" to fit the 92X, all it needs is to have the left side of the slide cut for the safety paddle. A 96D Brig slide can have Beretta front and rear adj sights installed also.

Are those adjustable sights the ones from the 92X, and will the adjustable sights fit on a 92 Brigadier?

On 10/15/2020 at 12:57 AM, Chills1994 said:

Nice!

Bear in mind the X was a purpose built production gun, and I would have preferred Beretta supply with 15 round mags but as it is it is what it is

FWIW, I was able to shoot a few hundred out of a 92x.  A couple quick points:

-Fair accurate to include molys - here is some load data for context:

-147 Ibeji FP, 1.10 OAL, N310 2.8 gr - 873 fps

-138 Ibeji RN, 1.10 OAL, N320, 2.9 gr - 942 fps

-Fit and finish are oustanding - barrel didnt have any issues with bullet contacting the rifling - very forgiving

-Very soft shooting, try an 11lbs recoil spring to start

-Out of the box the reset doesnt need any tweaking - just adjust the hammer spring to get the double action pull manageable

-I couldnt get over how big the frame is - a small frame Tanfo / CZ75 series is perfect - this is just too big.

Other than that, great gun.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked one of these up.   I there a consensus that the extractor spring needs to be replaced with the Wilson +50% , out of the box? 

Secondly, I may have missed it, but does anyone know what the recoil/hammer spring rates are from the factory? 

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally handled and shot one.  I love the weight and the shape of the frame. I was expecting a better trigger. It stacked and was gritty in SA. Hate the rear sight, just too small in size for me. 

Now to look for a used one for cheap.😀

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 9:32 AM, gnappi said:

The mags for the 92X are .005 longer than standard 15 round factory mags. They also have a different housing, follower,  spring, and base plate. The standard mag works in the 92X but I don't see one listed on Beretta's site for the 92X. Anyone know where can I get them?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 5:53 PM, mikeone said:

Just picked one of these up.   I there a consensus that the extractor spring needs to be replaced with the Wilson +50% , out of the box? 

Secondly, I may have missed it, but does anyone know what the recoil/hammer spring rates are from the factory? 

Thanks.

there seems to be the possibility that the hole for the extractor spring is machined too deep into the slide and prevents the spring from compressing enough against the extractor to provide reliable extraction when there is a round pushing up against the round being extracted.  

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone replaced the extended disassembly lever with a standard one?  If so, any idea which part number is correct?  Beretta C5F220 and C51722 both seem to fit fullsize pistols.  Also, what options are there for holsters?  

Edited by Mike9250

15 hours ago, Mike9250 said:

Has anyone replaced the extended disassembly lever with a standard one?  If so, any idea which part number is correct?  Beretta C5F220 and C51722 both seem to fit fullsize pistols.  Also, what options are there for holsters?  

I used this one, dropped in with no issues. Gun now fits in my standard Blade Tech Brigadier holster.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/disassembly-parts/levers-latches/beretta-m9a3-disassembly-lever-92-series-prod107993.aspx

Edited by robertg5322

8 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

I used this one, dropped in with no issues. Gun now fits in my standard Blade Tech Brigadier holster.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/disassembly-parts/levers-latches/beretta-m9a3-disassembly-lever-92-series-prod107993.aspx

Thanks.  I ended up ordering one of those as well as the C51722 part#.  They were cheap enough so I figured I'd get both and see what the difference is.  I'm guessing they will both fit but have slightly different designs or shapes.  

there seems to be the possibility that the hole for the extractor spring is machined too deep into the slide and prevents the spring from compressing enough against the extractor to provide reliable extraction when there is a round pushing up against the round being extracted.  

Mine has extracted flawlessly, I don't think preemptive replacement is needed.

17 minutes ago, gnappi said:

Mine has extracted flawlessly, I don't think preemptive replacement is needed.

Mine has been fine over about 1,000 rounds so far, bought in December 2020. I have the extra power spring on hand in case the issue develops though. 

Not sure what spring rates are, but changing hammer spring to 12 lb Wilson Combat lowered trigger pull by about .3 lb. Trigger was very good to start, slightly lighter now. 5.9 lbs DA, 2 lbs SA. No issues with CCI primers.

I also have the Wilson Combat Short Reach trigger on mine, didn't like the reach to the stock trigger in DA. Made no difference in anything other than the reach to the trigger. 

Anyone replace the fiber optic rod in the front sight?  I hate when FO sights have a big melted blob at the end.  I generally heat the end and then pull it into the sight so it's recessed, but that only works if the sight is counterbored like a Dawson for example.  Not sure if the oem sight is counterbored or not.  Also guessing its a .060 rod?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 6:53 PM, mikeone said:

Thanks.

Mine works 100% stock extractor spring. Works with extendos with 21 rds as well as factory mags of all kinds.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:09 PM, Mike9250 said:

The lever from a current 92 drops in on mine. I used one from a Langdon LTT with no issues but didn't keep it in because the slide is so fat it gets in the way of flipping the smaller disassembly lever. I use a standard 92 with rail holster from Blade Tech with no issues but it theoretically won't fit. Different trigger guard but it works no issues at all.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:09 PM, Mike9250 said:

Anyone replace the fiber optic rod in the front sight?  I hate when FO sights have a big melted blob at the end.  I generally heat the end and then pull it into the sight so it's recessed, but that only works if the sight is counterbored like a Dawson for example.  Not sure if the oem sight is counterbored or not.  Also guessing its a .060 rod?  

The factory sight is a .060, and it is too freaking big. I replaced it with a Dawson but had a hell of a time finding the right one. Sent a few back to Dawson because they didn't fit. You need a 92A1 one and it needs to be tall in order to zero with the adjustable sight. I went with a .190 tall and .125 wide. I would have preferred wider but Dawson wouldn't do any custom work because "Covid." The Dawson is a much nicer sight picture than factory. No giant blob of death.