Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCI Small Pistol Primers

RangerTrace

Yep same in this area.  Found one box on their shelf with a sticker for $29.99 on one side and a red sticker on the other side marked $45.99. I asked to use the lower sticker but they just laughed at me.  Don’t understand why.  Appears to be no shortage they are everywhere at $45+. 

Edited by Rustygun

Even in the great primer shortage $48 would be on the high side. I think the most I have ever paid for primers was around $40 shortly after Sandy Hook. $48 now days? I cant imagine them sell very well.  Hell, you could order a thousand with haz-mat for that price.

51 minutes ago, stick said:

highway robbery!

I just 5k from brownells for $35 per 1k.  Looking today they have them on sale for $29.

It figures, when I need them they're not on sale.  after I get them, they go on sale.

Story of my life as well! Either that or when they go on sale, I don't have the cash on hand to pull the trigger. I also notice that most sales expire on the day *before* my pay day! What's up with that???

16 minutes ago, Doublehelix said:

Story of my life as well! Either that or when they go on sale, I don't have the cash on hand to pull the trigger. I also notice that most sales expire on the day *before* my pay day! What's up with that???

Conspiracy. It's all because of Ancient Aliens!

Ancient Aliens primers.jpg

13 hours ago, floater said:

Been $40 for years in my area, I quite using them when I found another store is selling Win small pistol for $29.90 per thousand.

Wichester is also 28.00 at powder valley.  Their hazmat is 19.95 for the first 50 lbs.  I just received an order of 40 lbs of powder and 10,000 primers for that same hazmat fee.

9 hours ago, stick said:

highway robbery!

I just 5k from brownells for $35 per 1k.  Looking today they have them on sale for $29.

It figures, when I need them they're not on sale.  after I get them, they go on sale.

Buy it cheap, and stack it DEEEEEP. I picked up 15k Ginex when they were $20 per k, then 30k Fiocchi when PVI had them for $16/k. Let's you wait until you find the next big deal to stock up again. Haven't seen "the deal" come by yet for me to buy again. Cabelas would probably be the next deal when they run $20/k S&B every so often.

14 hours ago, JRM83 said:

Buy it cheap, and stack it DEEEEEP. I picked up 15k Ginex when they were $20 per k, then 30k Fiocchi when PVI had them for $16/k. Let's you wait until you find the next big deal to stock up again. Haven't seen "the deal" come by yet for me to buy again. Cabelas would probably be the next deal when they run $20/k S&B every so often.

They just had S&B's on sale last week.

21 hours ago, 5pins said:

They just had S&B's on sale last week.

Winning formula for ordering primers from Cabela’s. Get their credit card. Use it for everything. Accumulate the points. When primers go on sale, buy them and use points.   My last order was for 10,000 SB primers, on sale, free shipping, delivered to my doorstep for a total six dollars,  including hazmat.

They are $30 /k at our local club store and are less online most places.That amount seems like panic prices when everything was sold out, wonder if some places are trying to create a panic .

On 3/17/2018 at 10:43 PM, StuckinMS said:

28 bucks at powder valley.  

+1 Powder Valley, get a few of your fellow shooters to go in with you to help cover the hazmat and shipping cost and "stack them high and deep".

13 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

We're doing a group purchase at my local club for $28 a thousand.  Just walked into another local place that wanted $49.99 a thousand........

At $49.99 per 1k, if they sell any, they are making a killing. My local GS sells them by the 100, for the casual reloader...Usually at $4.95 per 100. I use the GS to find what I want (gun wise), then order and have it shipped to them. Last gun I bought new, I bought online, shipped it to them, did the paper work and paid the transfer fee ($35 total), and it was still over $90 cheaper than what they had it listed as...before tax.