Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New rules for 2017?

JusticeOfToren

I'm obviously going against the stream here, and truth be told, I don't really have a problem with the 10-round limit. But I guess I'm more interested in making a political statement then anything else.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Tokarev said:

I'm obviously going against the stream here, and truth be told, I don't really have a problem with the 10-round limit. But I guess I'm more interested in making a political statement then anything else.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Understood...send in a comment and see where it goes?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, f2benny said:

I can't believe the number of people who invested in guns to conform with division rules that now are going to have to replace them.

Just noticed, changed CCP height to 5 3/8 from 6. 

Takes my XD out of the picture (5.5) and if I want to replace it with my CZ 75 compact I will need to buy more short mags.

With USPSA their is an optional equipment race as better things are developed. With IDPA their is a mandatory equipment circle jerk for no good reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rowdyb said:

what i keep hearing is "they were provisional divisions, so you should have expected some change" as the excuse/reason behind the bug and ccp changes. Seems somewhat capricious to me...

frankly that's crap and just irresponsible.  idpa knew folks would use the new rules to justify running out and getting some more/different guns.  if anything they should have set the specs more stringently provisionally and then loosened them in the final rules.  who knows, maybe / hopefully they will pay attention to some of the feedback they got and this will be much ado over nothing.

1 hour ago, davsco said:

frankly that's crap and just irresponsible.  idpa knew folks would use the new rules to justify running out and getting some more/different guns.  if anything they should have set the specs more stringently provisionally and then loosened them in the final rules.  

You, Sir, have a heightened ability to detect the obvious. 

:) 

Such BS.

Its one thing to tweak the specs that allow a bit more variety of choices. It's another to outlaw most of what's currently being used.

My club has numerous members that will have to purchase another CCP legal gun to play. Most lost their BUG gun and the few that played in that sand box aren't looking to buy another BUG.

Why spend more money on firearms that just a few months ago at Nationals were legal and then banned the following. What's to stop them from pulling the same BS again?

I didn't think there was enough spread between the '15 CCP and BUG.

But I don't think I will be shooting full matches with the '17 BUG, especially not the Back To Chief revolver side.

Fooled me on the original 5" to 4" SSR trick, they won't again. 

It's more of the same.

After the early rulebook change.......all 5 of my Comp-tac Paddle holsters (one for each division) that were legal before the change became illegal after the change. ($60.00 a pop)..... lost $300.00 and had to buy another $400.00 in new :legal" holsters on that rule change........ Lucky I did not have a 5 inch revolver at the time or it would have been in the same boat.....legal then illegal......oh yea...those paddle Holsters.....after trying to change one to make it legal (total disaster)  and selling all the others.... down the road with other rulebook changes....they became legal again

Later..... all my Big Butt grips on my three revolvers (2 on my SSR and one on my ESR) that were legal for years suddenly became illegal ($80.00 a pop).....lost $240.00 on that rule change and payed another $300.00 in "legal" grips.

Now, once again.... what was once legal is now illegal and costing IDPA Shooter's........ money, grief and irritation.

Independent of change, IDPA will have shooters.

Those that have been harmed will either stay and take it (like myself) or leave. To each their own but as others have stated...... make the rules and stick to them. Constant modification that motivates shooter's to invest in guns and equipment that is IDPA legal only to then arbitrarily change the rules to then make that investment "non-IDPA" legal is neither logical or productive to the IDPA sport.

Garry Newton

2 minutes ago, solaritx said:

It's more of the same.

After the early rulebook change.......all 5 of my Comp-tac Paddle holsters (one for each division) that were legal before the change became illegal after the change. ($60.00 a pop)..... lost $300.00 and had to buy another $400.00 in new :legal" holsters on that rule change........ Lucky I did not have a 5 inch revolver at the time or it would have been in the same boat.....legal then illegal......oh yea...those paddle Holsters.....after trying to change one to make it legal (total disaster)  and selling all the others.... down the road with other rulebook changes....they became legal again

Later..... all my Big Butt grips on my three revolvers (2 on my SSR and one on my ESR) that were legal for years suddenly became illegal ($80.00 a pop).....lost $240.00 on that rule change and payed another $300.00 in "legal" grips.

Now, once again.... what was once legal is now illegal and costing IDPA Shooter's........ money, grief and irritation.

Independent of change, IDPA will have shooters.

Those that have been harmed will either stay and take it (like myself) or leave. To each their own but as others have stated...... make the rules and stick to them. Constant modification that motivates shooter's to invest in guns and equipment that is IDPA legal only to then arbitrarily change the rules to then make that investment "non-IDPA" legal is neither logical or productive to the IDPA sport.

Garry Newton

Are you saying paddle holsters are not legal in IDPA?

On 11/14/2016 at 9:23 AM, fastluck13 said:

Maybe make a requirement for the number of buttons your fishing vest can have. Or yelling COVER ME whenever moving or RELOADING whenever reloading. Or always leaving a position off your strong foot. what other arbitrary stuff can be added?

Maybe style points or penalties? Form? Not using a proper Thunder Ranch grip?

Lolololololol!!!

The stupidist rule has to be that If I run out and need to reload in the open, I must not move while reloading. WHAT??? Every training class I've ever been to says to MOVE when I run dry. Can anyone refute this? Thanks

25 minutes ago, LabMan said:

Lolololololol!!!

The stupidist rule has to be that If I run out and need to reload in the open, I must not move while reloading. WHAT??? Every training class I've ever been to says to MOVE when I run dry. Can anyone refute this? Thanks

I must have missed that.  I don't see what you are talking about.  Can you help me out?

1 hour ago, LabMan said:

Lolololololol!!!

You can be a naysayer without making stuff up: 

(Draft)

3.6.1 When the shooter runs the firearm empty in the open, the shooter may reload in the open and continue engaging

targets as needed or move to the next shooting position.

3.6.2 In stages with cover or concealment, shooters may reload standing still or on the move anytime as long as they

are not exposed to unengaged targets during the reload.

1 hour ago, LabMan said:

Lolololololol!!!

This is not a rule

On 12/16/2016 at 4:00 PM, BillR1 said:

Are you saying paddle holsters are not legal in IDPA?

At one time, paddle holsters made by Comp-tac THAT WERE LEGAL....... were no longer legal because of the distance offset rule. This distance rule later was modified once again and the illegal holsters became legal again depending on body style. The same holster that became illegal was still legal for females because of "different body style" and the same rational was used many rulebooks later to make them legal again dependent on body style. 

On 12/16/2016 at 6:20 PM, Jim Watson said:

You can be a naysayer without making stuff up: 

(Draft)

3.6.1 When the shooter runs the firearm empty in the open, the shooter may reload in the open and continue engaging

targets as needed or move to the next shooting position.

3.6.2 In stages with cover or concealment, shooters may reload standing still or on the move anytime as long as they

are not exposed to unengaged targets during the reload.

I read this as not being able to reload on the move. I've been penalized for this many times, as has many others in my club.

3.6.2.1 If the shooter reloads and continues to engage or re-engage targets while moving to the next 
shooting position, a Procedural Error penalty will be assessed for each shot fired.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. It might come across that way, I apologize. 

Jim, are your rules from 2016 or 2017 rules?

I'm referring to 2016.

Edited by LabMan

9 hours ago, LabMan said:

I read this as not being able to reload on the move. I've been penalized for this many times, as has many others in my club.

3.6.2.1 If the shooter reloads and continues to engage or re-engage targets while moving to the next 
shooting position, a Procedural Error penalty will be assessed for each shot fired.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. It might come across that way, I apologize. 

Jim, are your rules from 2016 or 2017 rules?

I'm referring to 2016.

You would be right, if this discussion was about old rules.  Considering that the title of the thread is "New Rules for 2017?", that might be a give away.

Edited by JackinSD
Tone it down.

I read through the equipment rules and no longer see any mention of the dustcover length being an issue. 

Does this mean that I could use my STI Edge for ESP??

What about Tanfoglio Stock 3 for SSP? 

I assume that the Stock 2 is excluded because of the Cone barrel.

I understand what a cone/flanged barrel is but I am still unclear what defines a "heavy" bull barrel vs. a barrel without a bushing (like you would have in a Glock 34)