• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, FWSixgunner said:

. . .
The cover thing seems stupid to me as well. I can legally stand on 1 foot and stick more than half my body out, but that all-important big-toe had better not be exposed!
. . .

It's commonly taught in law enforcement to keep the ENTIRE 100% of your body below the waist under cover.  A shot-up toe may well put the good guy out of commission.  Makes sense for self-defense too, the genesis of IDPA. 

If you guys worry about whether or not the rules make sense for personal protection you will only make yourselves crazy.

As an example, if a bad guy barged through my door I would not download to 10 + 1 before attempting to deal with him. 

27 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

As an example, if a bad guy barged through my door I would not download to 10 + 1 before attempting to deal with him. 

that's because surely you load your HD gun to 10+1 so that you fight like you train...  haha

on another note, all the games have their rules.  if you use idpa to help you prepare for a real-world scenario and not just to win the game, the rules (and penalties/procedurals) don't matter much.  i shoot ccp with a .45 and shot production with a 357 sig; clearly way overgunned for the game but some great practice with my hd and ccw guns.

It's commonly taught in law enforcement to keep the ENTIRE 100% of your body below the waist under cover.  A shot-up toe may well put the good guy out of commission.  Makes sense for self-defense too, the genesis of IDPA. 

Well thanks for your concern over my toe, but I value my heart/lungs just a bit more.

7 hours ago, FWSixgunner said:

Well thanks for your concern over my toe, but I value my heart/lungs just a bit more.

You are not required to expose 50% of your torso, so please feel free to use as much cover as possible. Not exposing the toe makes cover much easier to call. The real problem is 90% of shooters can't lean and shoot. 

To: All IDPA Members
Date: Nov. 13, 2016
Re: Member Feedback Period Opens

We are excited to share the news that the preliminary version of the 2017 IDPA Rulebook and Match Administration Guide will soon be available for member feedback. The proposed rulebook, vetted by the IDPA Board of Directors and Legal, will be posted on IDPA.com for member review. Please note that the updated rulebook is preliminarily scheduled to be effective on Jan. 1, 2017.
The IDPA rulebook feedback period will open on the evening of Nov. 14th and will close on Dec. 3rd to provide current IDPA members ample time to comment. I am again pleased to use this member-focused approach for updates. Collecting member feedback adds a significant amount of time and work to the process, but I believe that it is worth the effort. We will be utilizing a free form email process to collect your thoughts. Without your input, we cannot identify those issues or which you have concerns and thoughtful suggestions, so I encourage every current member to utilize this opportunity to give feedback.

The proposed 2017 Rulebook and Match Administration Guide will be posted on the IDPA website under www.idpa.com/misc. The feedback email account will be:
Comments@idpa.com

Your valid IDPA member number must be included in the email subject line for the email to be opened. An automated response will assure you that your comments were received. For suggestions to be considered, they must be constructive and professional.

This email option will be the only channel for members to submit feedback on the rulebook. So that we may concentrate on serving our customers and working through the suggestions, HQ staff will not monitor any forums nor accept suggestions or changes made verbally, via telephone or personal email. Only comments made through this address will be considered.

Announcement will be made via the IDPA website, eBlast, the Tactical Journal and the IDPA official Facebook page when the final version is released. Updated SO training materials will be available soon after that. Some portions of the new rule book, such as the new classifier, will be released as a separate document at a later date.

I look forward to receiving your opinions on the IDPA 2017 Rulebook

Maybe make a requirement for the number of buttons your fishing vest can have. Or yelling COVER ME whenever moving or RELOADING whenever reloading. Or always leaving a position off your strong foot. what other arbitrary stuff can be added?

Maybe style points or penalties? Form? Not using a proper Thunder Ranch grip?

No more tac sequence or RWR

Looks like you can reload across openings if those targets have been engaged. 

1 PD = 1 sec

visible cover reference lines (fault lines)

new classifier 

Flagrant penalties (FP)

new divisions

Thats what im reading.

Edited by B_RAD

6 minutes ago, racknrider said:

Longer barrels in CCP and BUG. New classifier and classifier results apply to all pistol divisions. My personal favorite is the flagrant penalty for a hissy fit

PCC in IDPA? Really?

Yeah...I'm really surprised by PCC.  And they limited it to 10 rounds.

How does PCC fit in to IDPAs "fundamental principles"?

"Principles of  Shooting IDPA Equipment  Principles  -  Allowed  equipment  will  meet  the  following  criteria:

Concealable  -  all  equipment  except  flashlights  will  be  placed  so  that, when  wearing  a  concealment  garment with  your  arms  extended  to  your  sides  and  parallel to  the  ground, it  cannot  be  seen  from the  front,  rear,  or sides.

Practical  -  Must  be  practical  for  all day  concealed  carry  self-defense,  and  worn  in  a  manner  that is  appropriate for  all day  continuous wear. "

I figured if they added anything it would be carry optics.

And the fault lines aren't required.  I think that was a mistake.

...and...did they really need another penalty?  Flagrant Penalty?  Really?

Edited by LeviSS

I reread. I think you can do a RWR. 

3.4 IDPA Reloads

1. 3.4.1  An "emergency reload" is the preferred reload for IDPA competition. An "emergency reload" is initiated when the magazine or cylinder and the chamber is empty. 

Preferred being the key word. 

1. 3.4.5  Shooters may NOT perform a reload which results in a magazine being left behind when there is a round in the chamber at the time of initiating the reload (AKA Speed Reload) 

Just says you can't leave magazine behind. 

The rules for BUG changed but unlike CCP the barrel length has gotten shorter not longer. It is now less than 3.5 inches, down from 3.6 (previously 3.8).  Also, the maximum weight with an unloaded magazine is now 22 ounces, down from 29 ounces. 

This is BS . Took me 2 years to learn old rules and now we have new ones ?

1 second for down ? Yet we have PCC. 

I've been defending IDPA when my friends who shoot USPSA call it IDPGay :)

But I think I'll shoot lot more USPSA then IDPA matches next year .

why can't you just leave the rules alone.  There was no real reason to mess with them. 

Hope somebody from IDPA headquarters is actually reading this forum. :( 

PCC caters to the LegoGun afficianados.  Not IDPA according to the Pious Platitudes.

Should have been Carry Optics. 

I have trouble telling an FP from a FTDR. 

Traveling reloads instead of CLR will make our little friends in the Other Game happier when they come to Trigger Time Play Dates.

What, no Tac Seq?

Deletion of kneeling from the Classifier will make us old guys happier.  Pity they didn't shorten it enough that it could be required for Tier 3+ or any Tier 2 described as a State or Regional Championship. 

Any match that declines to use cover indicators (fault lines) and then has somebody standing around screaming COVER! and handing out PEs like popcorn will lose my support.