Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How well has your M&P held up to high round count?

I have 2 m&p's in 9mm, my pro has estimated 3k rounds from last year, maybe 500 this year. I have experienced no problems at all. My 4" has a low round count but also trouble free.

I don't think you need to buy a back up but it's always fun buying more guns.

George

Somewhere over 10,000 thru M&P9 5" Pro bought 12/11 with the only replacement being the tube for the fiber optic front sight. Very reliable, it always works.

Edited by aviatrix

I don't think you need a back up gun, just maybe a few cheap back up parts like a spare striker and extractor. I have 25000 rounds through my m&p9 pro. I have also dryfired this thing about an average of 2 hours per week for the last year. I replaced the extractor at 3k with an apex for fte, broke a striker at 7k. I replaced my recoil and striker springs and barrel with a kkm 2k ago just because I figured it was due for some maintanace upgrades over the winter. This thing still runs like a champ. I also keep a spare trigger/bar assy and trigger return spring in my shooting bag. There really aren't to many parts to fail in these things. Mine is even an early model with the small sear spring.

I got mine very early on. Haven't shot it in about 3.5 years for a match, but it has about 37,000 rounds on it. Mostly 135pf 165-170gr .40.

Killed a striker really early on with dry fire, haven't replaced anything since other than sights and upgrading to a storm lake barrel.

Still runs like a top.

I've got close to 10,000 through my .40. I had a 45 that saw probably 6-7k. Never replaced anything other than recoil springs. The main reason I got into M&P's for Limited and eventually open and production is because I could afford to have backup guns and piece them together. By the end of the month I'll have 3 receivers and 5 or 6 slides. Across 3 divisions with a full backup in each one for close 2k. Or the way I look at it, less than a single custom gun.

Have probably over 20-30k thru my 9L. The only major thing I had to replace was the barrel (velocity was getting slow). But it was only like 80 bucks...aside from that, I've only replaced springs like striker and recoil springs.

Have probably over 20-30k thru my 9L. The only major thing I had to replace was the barrel (velocity was getting slow). But it was only like 80 bucks...aside from that, I've only replaced springs like striker and recoil springs.

Yeap, same here... Shortly after 25,000 the pistol quit grouping past 10 yards. It turns out the barrel was worn out. Before that happened I went through two strikers and one slide stop. This was an M&P 40 shooting 135PF ammo in Production.

8,500 rounds on M&P Pro 9 with no surprises. I carry an assortment of spare parts and a spare gun to major matches. Parts are fine but in a match you won't have time to start hammering out roll pins if something fails.

i have at least 30k through my mp9 FS. i bought it used, and don't know how many the previous owner shot. it has broken a slide stop and striker. the slide to frame fit is getting loose. accuracy seems to be sliding.

I have never had a failure with it that was not ammo related.

I have been shooting my stock MP40 pro in limited lately. All stock except for a sear. put in a 13# and it has not hiccuped either. Have about 5k through it i would guess

My favorite is my MP45. super accurate. all stock except for the sear. Runs SWC and RN with equal reliability. Its my CDP gun in IDPA. Runs head to head with the 1911's with no problems

• 3 weeks later...

My M&P isn't exactly high round count as far as a competition gun goes - about 8,000 rounds over the last 2 years - but its held up just fine. Nothing has broken. I'm even still using the original recoil spring.

• 2 weeks later...

~50k on a 9 pro. Same as some others here, my barrel was shot out @ 20-25k, but it didn't group that well to begin with. Everything else hase been preventative. A second gun is a nice to have, but not something you must have initially.

I'm about 12K in on a .40 Pro with major ammo for Limited. Mostly stock parts with work done to them. Put in full-length guide rod and lighter 14# spring about 500 rnds in. It still runs like a top.

Have at least 15,000 thru my Pro 9mm and my sons has over 10.000 without any issues with either. Several of my shooting buddies have far more thru theirs. All have been outstanding.

But everything mechanical breaks eventually. Just repair it when it does or do preventive part replacements.