Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Division Pistol Trends

el pres

Consider all the latest must have trends in Limited pistol technology, 6" slides of coarse, and all the lightend 5" slides, and shortened dust covers, etc. etc..

Now take a look at this month's Frontsight, every picture of a Limited shooter at the Nationals (including the 2009 USPSA Limited Champion) shows them with a full weight, full dust cover, bull barreld gun ?? Food for thought ?? ;)

WARNING: hypothetical, speculative post ahead:

ROB: Hey, Travis, it's me, Rob.

TRAVIS: Hi, Rob. How's it going?

ROB: Remember that conversation we had at dinner after the 2007 Limited Nat's

TRAVIS: Yeah... but a hold on second. I got another call.

CLICK! CLICK!

TODD: Hi there Rob and Travis!

ROB AND TRAVIS: Hey! WAAAASSSSUPPPP!!!

ROB: Todd, you remember that conversation we had at dinner after the 2007 Limited Nat's?

TODD: Oh, yeah, I remember that. Yeah, how we all agreed to shoot six inch guns for the

2008 Limited Nat's

TRAVIS: Ha...ha... Yeah, that was funny how we got all the Brian Enos guys talking about

switching over to six inch guns. BWAHHAHHAAAA :roflol:

ROB: So, okay, Todd and Travis, what are we gonna shoot at the 2009 Limited Nat's?

TODD: HE! HE! That would be hilarious to switch back to five inch guns. That will really

leave the BE'ers puzzled. LOL!

TRAVIS: So it's agreed...we are all going back to five inch guns then??

ROB AND TODD: Yeah!!! BWWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :roflol:

How is a gun smith going to make any money if you just keep shooting the same old heavy 5" gun?

Fathom this, a Brazos slide is .2 oz ligher than a std slide on an Eagle. A Brazos gun is two oz heavier than an Eagle. So take .2 oz off an Eagle Slide and your there $2000 cheaper with a lighter gun, too light add Tungsten guide rod. No offene to Bob's guns I think they are great if you got the money for one, and the looks rock. You can always shoot better when your in style. I order a lot of stuff from Brazos, the don't fool around they ship same day.

I like my Edge nice and heavy with good recoil impulses, saw a lot of them at the Nats.

Edited by CocoBolo

CLICK! CLICK!

ROB: Todd, you remember that conversation we had at dinner after the 2007 Limited Nat's?

TODD: Oh, yeah, I remember that. Yeah, how we all agreed to shoot six inch guns for the

2008 Limited Nat's

TRAVIS: Ha...ha... Yeah, that was funny how we got all the Brian Enos guys talking about

ROB: So, okay, Todd and Travis, what are we gonna shoot at the 2009 Limited Nat's?

TODD: HE! HE! That would be hilarious to switch back to five inch guns. That will really

Too Funny :roflol:

Consider all the latest must have trends in Limited pistol technology, 6" slides of coarse, and all the lightend 5" slides, and shortened dust covers, etc. etc..

Now take a look at this month's Frontsight, every picture of a Limited shooter at the Nationals (including the 2009 USPSA Limited Champion) shows them with a full weight, full dust cover, bull barreld gun ?? Food for thought ??

It's not really fair to make that call based on all 3 pictures of Limited shooters, is it? How many of the Top 16 shooters in Limited used full-frame guns? I know Manny, Ted, and Shannon did, but I'd be surprised if more than 6 were using full-frame Limited guns.

I dont see it as a new trend in Limited. Merely a personal preference.

Wait til someone wins Lim nationals with a 4.5" Glock 22! That'll REALLY screw up this conversation.

Gear is fun. That's why we're gearheads. Its a place we can visibly change our lot. I may suck, but I can come to the line with the best gun I can afford and look good sucking. Really, its man-lingerie. I feel SEXZIER with my STI!!!

Chills, Too Funny !! :roflol::roflol:

Patterson, I'm not talking about what guns were at the match within the total 230+- Limited competitors, I'm not talking about starting a new trend or anything like that. I'm just making an observation of the obvious. I'm still shooting the same gun I was before, trend or no trend.

Yes, it's not fair to judge from three pictures in Frontsight and the results of one little match but look at the top... say... 15 and think, does the gun make the man ??

Fathom this, a Brazos slide is .2 oz ligher than a std slide on an Eagle. A Brazos gun is two oz heavier than an Eagle. So take .2 oz off an Eagle Slide and your there $2000 cheaper with a lighter gun, too light add Tungsten guide rod. No offene to Bob's guns I think they are great if you got the money for one, and the looks rock. You can always shoot better when your in style. I order a lot of stuff from Brazos, the don't fool around they ship same day.

Off the top of my head, take the base price of an Eagle, add magwell, drilled/tapped mag release, mag release button, Wilson ambi safety, 2.5 lb trigger job, genuine bomar rear (although the standard STI adjustable rear is fine) microdot FO front site, long ejector, tuned extractor, hard chrome, slide lightening (flat top and holes), etc., and if you've ever shot a short dustcover, bushing bbl .40 major, I'd wager that most uf us would want to get a tungsten guide rod fitted.

Nothing wrong with a stock Eagle. However, it's not like the smiths aren't adding value either.

Nothing to add, just a comment.

I love the look and function of many of the SV_ guns I see. No two are alike seemingly. The uniqueness, the individuality are their most enduring

quality I think. If it were not for a couple college tuitions I'd have me one too. But, alas, priorities being what they are, my G35 will suffice.

It works great as long as I don't screw with it and its looks...well it's growing on me :)

Jim

>>>comments off<<<

edited for grammar correction.

Edited by Jman

My .02 is the changes we see/do are not because we need to but because we can. This is a hobby for 99% of us. The allure of a shiny new thing is strong and quite honesty for me at

least it is fun to mess around with different platforms and widgets. It is part of the fun of the sport.

My parallel is autocross or club racing vs. professional racing. It is fun to tweak your track day car with things that look cool and maybe make it faster... maybe not. A pro team will take the same

part, run multiple tests to see empirically if it makes the car any better. If it does it goes on. If not, it gets resold to club racers. LOL.

CLICK! CLICK!

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I believe every word of that.

CLICK! CLICK!

2008 Limited Nat's

Reminds me of Dr. Seuss and the Star Bellied Sneetches..ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of the vid of Chris T. shooting at Taran's range in flip flops!

Actually, since the GMs have their shooting skills perfected, they often talk more about their footwork than anything else. Shoes can make the difference.

So Front Sight is where everyone gets the stats for the guns that are used at Nationals?

They usually get posted here too.

It's the SOS...

Leatham - Springfield

TJ - Para

Travis - Caspian

Tilley - SV

Henning - Tanfoglio

Sevigny - Glock

etc.

Neat note... Last year was the very first time an STI won the Limited Nationals.